It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA Raids Herbal Tea Products Company

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
According to the FDA, there is no such thing as an herb, food or supplement that has beneficial effects on the human body, and any person who dares to make such a claim is immediately considered to be in violation of the FDA's authority.

Censoring truthful health claims of nutritional supplements
While the FDA claims it raided the Charantea company in order to protect consumers from mislabeled products, the truth is that the agency -- which operates a criminal prescription drug racket that should be prosecuted under organized crime laws -- is far more interested in protecting the market for pharmaceuticals. Herbal tea products that effectively lower blood sugar are seen as competition for high-profit diabetes drugs. The most effective way to protect the market for patented pharmaceuticals is to disrupt the business operations of those selling natural alternatives such as herbal teas, and that's exactly why this raid took place.

Source: FDA seizes $71k in herbal tea products as campaign of censorship against nutritional supplements continues

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
i could understand if they demanded a change in advertising (after all they believe their own BS) but confiscating the inventory? for what reason, herbs are not banned ... yet

this is plain terror and wanton persecution as well as censorship.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This is just one of thousands of reasons at to why it's time to take back America and put and end to the current establishment. It's time to say no to big government and make them stand up to their lies.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This isn't surprising. Health didn't really start declining in the U.S until "dear ol' FDA removed herbal products off the supermarket shelves back in the 80s... Yeah, but "They're just looking out for us." Whatever...

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I'm disgusted in the "powers that be" in my country sometimes. I've seen herbs, vitamins, nutrition, etc. do great things.

It's pitiful that drug companies can pedal their garbage so prominently despite the fact that the side effects can be absolutely horrible. And they get the "title" as "the authority" on health matters?

Troy

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by annestacey
According to the FDA, there is no such thing as an herb, food or supplement that has beneficial effects on the human body, and any person who dares to make such a claim is immediately considered to be in violation of the FDA's authority.

Censoring truthful health claims of nutritional supplements
While the FDA claims it raided the Charantea company in order to protect consumers from mislabeled products, the truth is that the agency -- which operates a criminal prescription drug racket that should be prosecuted under organized crime laws -- is far more interested in protecting the market for pharmaceuticals. Herbal tea products that effectively lower blood sugar are seen as competition for high-profit diabetes drugs. The most effective way to protect the market for patented pharmaceuticals is to disrupt the business operations of those selling natural alternatives such as herbal teas, and that's exactly why this raid took place.

Source: FDA seizes $71k in herbal tea products as campaign of censorship against nutritional supplements continues

Your “news” source is heavily biased in favour of the alternative health industry.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Yes, if you look at less biased reports, you'll find these products were labeled as "cures" for diseases, something they are not allowed to do under law. The FDA was operating within its rights by shutting this operation down IMO.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by djohnsto77

so, iow, if your license plate wasn't certified, you'd advocate confiscating the entire car?

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Yes, if you look at less biased reports, you'll find these products were labeled as "cures" for diseases, something they are not allowed to do under law. The FDA was operating within its rights by shutting this operation down IMO.

Yes and why is the "law" setup so that companies cannot tell the truth about their products that provide natural cures and prevention but the pharmaceutical and food industries can tell outright lies about their harmful products and it's perfectly legal?

The FDA is corrupt. They are only able to operate within their rights because they define their rights no matter how wrong they are.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NRen2k5
Your “news” source is heavily biased in favour of the alternative health industry.

Yes it is... but at least they are telling the truth. The FDA does not.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I remember watching Kevin Trudeau arguing the same exact thing on his infomercial to sell 'natural cures they don't want you to know about'.

It reminds of the same idea I heard once that Donald Trump wanted to copyright the phrase 'you're fired'.

Same idea here...

When you have a single organization controlling regulations/rules for a certain thing/product, they're bound to get corrupted. If I am the only person who can certify people to be sane, for example, then I just have to threaten a few with being marked insane and blackmail them for money or favors.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
This world is going down the crapper in some respects. So many terrible drugs that quite possibly have no right to exist.

Penis drugs - Natural remedies exist for this type of thing.
Hearburn related drugs - Effective natural remedies exist here too.
Sleeping drugs - Yup, natural solutions exist in this area too!
And on and on.....

And if you aren't sending a chunk of your earnings to an insurance company of some sort, it will cost you an arm and a leg to buy these medicines touted to help you, but end up potentially doing more harm than good. And these drugs could cost you your life. (they even tell you)

Have some people shut their eyes to reality, and blindly trust Big Pharma's suggestions? That's what it seems like. Even with my own parents, I grow tired of them telling me that I'm not a doctor and therefore I'm insufficient in understanding health matters. Yet, I have a lot less problems with being sick, than others who "pop pills."

Troy

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance:
so, iow, if your license plate wasn't certified, you'd advocate confiscating the entire car?

Invalid comparison.

A more valid one would be confiscating someone’s ride for making it look like a cop cruiser or ambulance and running red lights.

Originally posted by annestacey:

Originally posted by djohnsto77:

Yes and why is the "law" setup so that companies cannot tell the truth about their products

They have to prove that what they’re saying about their products is the truth.

that provide natural cures and prevention but the pharmaceutical and food industries can tell outright lies about their harmful products and it's perfectly legal?

I’ve warned you about the fallacies enough already, I’ve been calling you on them all along, and I’ve warned you that I’d start reporting about them. For a woman, you sure have balls.

The pharmaceutical and food industries’ products are reasonably shown to be safe, and they don’t lie. So you can take your “outright lies about their harmful products” and shove them someplace dark.

The FDA is corrupt. They are only able to operate within their rights because they define their rights no matter how wrong they are.

And you don’t think that if the FDA prevented a genuine breakthrough cure from being brought to market, there would be dozens of doctors and researchers up in arms about it, rather than just a handful of natural remedies advocates?

Originally posted by annestacey:

Originally posted by NRen2k5:

Yes it is... but at least they are telling the truth. The FDA does not.

I sincerely hope you manage to get your mouth under control before somebody somewhere sues you for libel or slander.

Originally posted by quintar:

I remember watching Kevin Trudeau arguing the same exact thing on his infomercial to sell 'natural cures they don't want you to know about'.

It reminds of the same idea I heard once that Donald Trump wanted to copyright the phrase 'you're fired'.

Same idea here...

When you have a single organization controlling regulations/rules for a certain thing/product, they're bound to get corrupted. If I am the only person who can certify people to be sane, for example, then I just have to threaten a few with being marked insane and blackmail them for money or favors.

Kevin Trudeau isn’t exactly a good example. Something to do with being a con artist, plagiarizer and convicted criminal.

Originally posted by cybertroy:
This world is going down the crapper in some respects. So many terrible drugs that quite possibly have no right to exist.

Penis drugs - Natural remedies exist for this type of thing.
Hearburn related drugs - Effective natural remedies exist here too.
Sleeping drugs - Yup, natural solutions exist in this area too!
And on and on.....

And are they clinically proven to work and be effective?

And if you aren't sending a chunk of your earnings to an insurance company of some sort, it will cost you an arm and a leg to buy these medicines touted to help you, but end up potentially doing more harm than good. And these drugs could cost you your life. (they even tell you)

Have some people shut their eyes to reality, and blindly trust Big Pharma's suggestions? That's what it seems like.

Uh yeah, when they tell you about the side effects and possible dangers. Uh, riiiiiiiight.

Even with my own parents, I grow tired of them telling me that I'm not a doctor and therefore I'm insufficient in understanding health matters.

Which unless you actually are a doctor is the truth.

Yet, I have a lot less problems with being sick, than others who "pop pills."

So?

I have a lot less trouble with menstrual cramps than girls who take Midol.

But then again, I’m a guy.

[edit on 27-10-2007 by NRen2k5]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   
NRen2k5,

I've dealt with folks like you on this forum before. You come in and seemingly try to "debunk" every bit truth we try to spread. Perhaps I'm wrong about you, but anyway, don't expect me to shrivel up and go away.

Look, I can tell you right now, I wouldn't touch some of the stuff Big Pharma makes with a 10 foot pole. They tell me right in their own commercials that some of the drugs could kill me or do damage to me? Why, in my right mind, would I even think about taking them? Just because they are honest about the side effects, does that make the product some how better? I literally just saw a commercial about a drug that was removed from the market because of serious side effects.

Am I saying all herbs and supplements are safe and effective? Far from it. I keep my eyes and ears open. But I, for one, don't want seemingly corrupt organizations such as the FDA, and Pharma World controlling how I take care of my health.

As far as my understanding on health matters, I think I'm further along than many people. Besides, being a doctor, doesn't necessarily certify you as, say, a nutritionist. And unfortunately sometimes, being a doctor, can push you into a rigidly defined "box" of understanding. Doctors, a lot of times, aren't going to tell me things like, I can knock out the flu with raw garlic. I took care of my dad's feet with supplements when not one doctor offered up a solution for the terrible pain he was having with his heals. I thought the poor guy was going to have to use a cane to hobble around on, but not anymore. He walks very normal now.

Troy

[edit on 28-10-2007 by cybertroy]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Now let’s see, would I rather get compounds with health giving properties from the natural places that God put them like people have for millennia, or should I pay big money to get man made versions that are much less effective, and have bad side effects? Let me think.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance:

Invalid comparison.

A more valid one would be confiscating someone’s ride for making it look like a cop cruiser or ambulance and running red lights.

the comparison is more valid than yours, because advertising is not part of the inventory. an order to desist was all that was needed and i think if you're using unsound/illegal advertising in any other trade, that's all you'd get.

not so in the disease 'business', any pretext to ruin your livelihood will be considered legal, because, let's face it, if you're broke you won't be able to sue anyone, much less the FDA/AMA or any other alphabet soup agency.

PS: the best comparison would be carrying an illegal item in your car, say a detachable strobe light. you'd lose it if they caught you, but the car itself? forget it.

[edit on 28.10.2007 by Long Lance]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Long Lance

This is outrageous but the FDA is firmly established, and when an institution like that is so firmly rooted, you're wasting you're time going against it or trying to circumvent product past it when you know the regulations. I'm not saying it's right, but it's obvious that they removed the tea's because they were labeled "cures." The word alone is a very, very difficult word to "sell" because a cure is absolute, if it doesn't do what is labeled, than it is "false advertising" and under the Consumer Safety Laws, it has to be taken off the shelves or relabeled.

I myself see the FDA as the republic's drug dealer. Pushing pharmeceuticals down the throats of vulnerable and uninformed masses. They are a big reason why the health of the nation is exponentionally declining but that doesn't mean within the beast there aren't necessary bylaws it creates that end up being very necessary to the people it's actively drugging.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   
The FDA does not care about people. It doesn't care whether people benefit or sicken from the drugs it gives people. This is because the FDA is not an institution which has the people's interests at heart. Some may find this hard to believe but what the drug does, is not a major criteria on whether is should be sold to people.

This is because the FDA is "owned" by Big Pharma, all the companies that produce the drugs. These companies want their drugs sold and use the FDA to do so. If someone develops a cure that undercuts the others on the market from Big Pharma then the FDA shuts it down. This is simple business practice. When you are a monopoly it doesn't matter what the customer needs. They have nowhere to go so you can keep giving them crap and never have to worry about the repercussions.

Thus, we get penis drugs that cause blindness, anti-pregnancy pills that cause breast cancer and vaccines that are not only useless but expired that are sold to third world countries that even the North American public would reject out of hand. After all if you can keep making people sick, you can keep selling them new medications.

Not really much we can do, but stockpile our natural cures and wait for a couple more years. Have some heart people

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Scalamander

Yeah. We get it/know this already.

It's apparent, around these parts anyway, that the FDA are bad dudes. But just imagine the market place with said "cures" flying around unregulated. You wouldn't know what is legit and what isn't. And because a company produces it on a mass scale, means you could probably do it yourself on a personal scale. Especially being tea, I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to do some investigating yourself and spreading the word locally. Personally, being raw/vegan, I don't think these "tea cures" are very credible myself. The only cure for anything is thorough research into what your body needs naturally: what it is lacking. This isn't the end all, be all of natural medicine. Just a misnomer that went against labeling regulation.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   

It makes up for the heavily biased "news" sources in favour of the FDA.

Originally posted by Scalamander
The FDA does not care about people. It doesn't care whether people benefit or sicken from the drugs it gives people. This is because the FDA is not an institution which has the people's interests at heart.

No drug dealers care about their victims.

[edit on 28/10/07 by NuclearPaul]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join