It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duplicate posts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Okay, I don't mean to complain, but the spinning girl illusion was first posted by me on this site. Since then there have been 2 other topics about the SAME thing posted and yet mine got the lowest views/replies. I don't post very much, just look at my points. I thought I stumbled onto some thing cool but as my bad luck would have it, my spot light was siphoned away by others who I'm sure didn't see my post as it was posted here in BTS, not the first time it's happened. So I'll just say this. from now on I'll just keep my mouth shut and deny ignorance, if what I say is ignored and is repeated by others who get the credit, I'll just continue to do what I've always done in life. Observe.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

I do love this site and know that the mods can only do so much, but I still feel cheated, so I'll sit here and just lurk from now on unless I feel on commenting on another topic. I give up trying to post some thing new only to be beaten to the punch, or to be ignored while other posts about the same topic are started and get the credit.

Take care guys.

[edit on 16-10-2007 by Slash]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Slash

Don't be discouraged. A lot of my post are ignored only to be reposted by another member and suddenly.. BOOM... theirs is a hit. I've figured out how it works now, so you might want to try the following techniques:

1. Use dramatic headline titles
2. Post when most Americans are online
3. Don't be shy to bump it up with new info (especially when Americans are online)

Follow these tips and you'll get a hit thread in no time

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Use the alert button so the mods are aware of duplicate threads or post the link to your earlier thread in the duplicate threads

I do see duplicate threads that are closed by the mods but with so many new threads being created, with a slighty difference title, a few are bounded to get past them.

new topics

join