It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Strike on Syrian Nuke Facility Confirmed

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Israeli Strike on Syrian Nuke Facility Confirmed

www.nytimes. com

WASHINGTON, Oct. 13 — Israel’s air attack on Syria last month was directed against a site that Israeli and American intelligence analysts judged was a partly constructed nuclear reactor, apparently modeled on one North Korea has used to create its stockpile of nuclear weapons fuel, according to American and foreign officials with access to the intelligence reports.

The description of the target addresses one of the central mysteries surrounding the Sept. 6 attack, and suggests that Israel..
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.breitbart.com
www.haaretz.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Israel may have tricked Syria radars to hide raid

Mod Edit: Removed copy/paste over the 500 character limit.

[edit on 13-10-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Long rumored to have been a nuclear facility, this article seems to confirm it officially. Interestingly, the Bush Administration seems to have been divided over whether Israel was over anxious.

www.nytimes. com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
If this is true then it was an Osirak 1981 repeat. Only difference is the powder keg it's in the middle of this time!

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Iran will be next.

It's no longer a matter of "if it happens" but when will it happen. I'm curious as to why such restraint with Iran. Maybe they are worried about violating someone's airspace. Nah, I doubt that.

I bet something is in the air, sooner rather than later though. Pun intended.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
But there's no proof! Just some braggadocio by people who have a motive to lie.

They will NOT attack Iran. If they were, they would've done it a long time ago.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Looking forward to reading tomorrow's Times

Hard to refute now.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
We will just have to agree to disagree.

Not only will Israel attack any known nuclear facility in Iran - they will thoroughly document it for your viewing pleasure. It may take years for that sort of sensitive information to surface but it will be done meticulousy.

The big question is what will Iran do when Israel backhands her in the mouth.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

Iran would incinerate Israel. Either directly or with its proxy armies in Iraq, Syria and Lebanon or using both methods. This is why Israel will not do it.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

for some reason i feel the same way.... i dont think the jews have the N's to go head to head with iran... without U.S. holding their hands in every fight... they would fold like a cheap lawnchair.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by KINGOFPAIN

Yes, and furthermore I think America's already demonstrated its strong belief that it wants no part of a potential conflict with Iran.

Whoo-boy would that be nasty.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
My thinking is that Israel saw the chance to take out a fledgling nuclear program before it even had the chance to become a threat. The timing for them to attack Iran's facilities has passed.

Yhat doesn't mean they won't do anything about it, but now they have to wait until the threat is imminent.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by phreak_of_nature

I'll believe the Israeli hype when I see some hard evidence. Nevertheless, this can only be a temporary victory for Israel even if the story is true. Israel doesn't seem to be truly capable of attacking Iran without threat of retaliation, which, for Israel, is bad, especially because Syria and Iran are such good friends. It would be relatively easy for Iran to export nuclear technology to Syria once they have developed it for themselves.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by KINGOFPAIN

Oh Yah? One of the littlest forces with the biggest bollocks. That's Israel -- defend their Nation at all costs. At least that's what I'm thinking.

Dallas

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Dallas

Hmph. Some good it did them in the summer of last year...Furthermore, they're chopping off body parts (Sinai, Gaza, talk of big chunks of the West Bank) just to survive. I don't think Israel has much time left.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
reply to post by phreak_of_nature

I'll believe the Israeli hype when I see some hard evidence. Nevertheless, this can only be a temporary victory for Israel even if the story is true. Israel doesn't seem to be truly capable of attacking Iran without threat of retaliation, which, for Israel, is bad, especially because Syria and Iran are such good friends. It would be relatively easy for Iran to export nuclear technology to Syria once they have developed it for themselves.

I'd like to see some before & after also.

And it's true, Israel can't attack Iran without undeniable proof that Iran's nuclear / missile programs are intent on wiping out Israel. Israel has some friends that would back them should the evidence become undeniable that an attack is imminent.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Thanks phreak of nature for the link.

So Israel is able to have nuclear weapons, but their neighbors aren't? Sounds pretty absurd to me.

As soon as a state wishes to stand up for itself, the Israel/Europe/US front decides to send it back to the stone age (See Afghanistan, Iraq).

Originally posted by KINGOFPAIN
i dont think the jews have the N's to go head to head with iran.

I agree that they wouldn't stand a chance, regardless if the US helps out or not. Remember Russia and China would love to see the US fall and will not worry about backing a Islamic republic.

Correction: The 'Jews' are not the same as Israel. Israel is a state, the Jews are a ethnic/religious people (Semitic tribe).

I do not like people grouping Israel as a Jewish state when there are millions of Christians and Muslims living there as well.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Israel attacked a Syrian target despite the potential for all out war. What else do you need to know? They will strike threats to their existence and they have plenty of nukes to finish it if need be. I'm not taking a side, simply stating facts.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

Israel -- if pushed, and sure as hell they have been pushed, will simply CRUSH the opposition, I feel.
Good Luck to Israel, down with the 'Homicide Bombers' !!

Dallas

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Dallas

and israel itself would get crushed along also

Good luck to palestinaians and neturai karta jews(jews against Zionism)

israeli apartheid

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   
The NYT was also the organ promoting all the Iraqi WMD "intel" and we all know how accurate that turned out to be

Once again, we are asked to trust their sources without any actual proof to back up the chain of events or the alleged target. I'm sorry, but without evidence this is nothing more than speculation, no matter how many unnamed or highly placed anonymous sources they quote.

I remember a time when in order to prosecute, evidence had to be shown to back up allegations.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join