It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Election Watch AU 2007

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Thought i'd start an official Australian Election topic, as it is seemingly about to be announced any moment.

It doesn't matter what side of the political spectrum you are on, the general consensus is that this election is going to be one of the toughest and closest in many years. The polls show a huge swing to Labor, but if history is anything to go by, Australians tend to shy away from change and make up their minds on the day, so it could really go either way.

BREAKING NEWS: John Howard and the Governor-General are currently meeting at Yarralumla House.

[edit on 13-10-2007 by fooffstarr]

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
It seems today the day when it officially starts here we go now will get bombarded with election adds on tv & in the paper. I thin this election will be a close one

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Well its official.

ELECTION 07 - NOVEMBER 24TH

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Great idea for a thread!

I'll get into contributing here when I've got my essays out of the way for the semester.

How about that tax cut though? Couldn't see that one coming from a mile off

An unpopular encumbent throwing money at the electorate?! What a surprise!

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Yeah, it is going to be a battle of the promises for the next 6 weeks... 99% of those promises never seeing fruition.

For some comedy to put into the mix, check out this clip on youtube:

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
So what did people think of the debate last night?

I personally missed half of it thank to playing *shudder* National Bingo Night... but the part i did see showed me a very uneasy John Howard. For some reason he seemed so awkward, not like his usual self-confident appearance.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Laurie Oaks has called it, Julia Gillard has called it... guess its my turn.

JOHN HOWARD HAS BEEN VOTED OUT
THE LIBERAL PARTY HAS BEEN VOTED OUT
KEVIN RUDD IS THE NEW AUSTRALIAN PRIME MINISTER

Howard is at an ever increasing risk of losing his seat also, making Costello the opposition leader.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   
What do people think of Rudd? Personally I wasn't too fussed with Howard, and even supported his idea of using nuclear power.
But change can't be that bad.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by watch_the_rocks

I like Rudd. I used to watch his commentary with Joe Hockey on Sunrise for years before he became Labor Leader. He's got a good, strong personality and seems to have a strong set of ideas regarding the way the country should be governed.

Only time will tell if the people were right.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
YEEEEEEERHAAAAAH! BABY! KEVIN RUDD WIN"S ELECTION! John howards rain of terror over working family's and work place relations has come to a 11 Yr End im so happy the Labor part finaly get there run once again! Its a new Era here in Australia!

new topics

top topics

join