It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG! 2 Members of Congress Actually Doing Something Useful!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Finally - Something all ATS members can agree on, regardless of your political persuasion or if you think all members of congress are reptilian. Toll roads bite and that is a fact not to be disputed! Now, if we can just get these guys on the immigration/border control issue...

www.iowapolitics.com...

excerpt from article:

“The American people should not be required to pay for the same highway twice—once through their tax dollars and again through new tolls on federal interstate highways,” said Boswell.

Maybe the only two incumbants not to vote out of office.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I don't mind toll roads, when i was in florida the Turnpike was WAY faster then the I-95

So, i don't agree on that, when ever i had a long trip to take we would take the toll roads, they are faster.

But, i guess the road can repay the goverment for the funds that first funded the Road, but toll roads create revenue to make more roads, and the Gas tax also provides for roads too.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Oh man, double post, delete please.

[edit on 10/13/2007 by TKainZero]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The thing is that the govt is now selling our roads, bridges, etc. to foreign countries. Americans pay for roads out of their taxes, but now other countries will be reaping the benefits. Go figure.
I do think this is outrageous.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Foreign countries? I'm not sure how you made that leap, based on the article anyway. Now, if we were talking about ports and stock exchanges...

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Toll roads have a far more sinister purpose.

All tyranny want to control the movement of the population, or at least track it.

Right now it is started with No Fly list, I just heard National ID cards will soon be required to fly. And they said this on Fox news, I love it when the rest of the news casters get that o crap look when one of them accidently says something they are not suppose to say.

The next step is regional Toll Roads that track when people move between different areas.

If you don't believe this. Code Pink was not allowed into Canada when they were going to speak at a speaking engagement they were invited to. This is an example of the method.

top topics

join