It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out Of This World Technology!? Really!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I have read stories and accounts of UFO's for quite some time now. It is usually a grainy video on youtube or an eye witness account of a craft doing carzy maneouvers that just can't be done by anything human made!? Unidentified Flying Object, hmmmmm......pretty generic and all encompassing term we have here.

Admittedly I am a military aircraft person, so yeah I may be biased a bit. However, I have seen some things that would blow your mind (unless you are a military person as well that worked at a testing base). What gets me though is that people just make the quantum leap to say, "Oh, no way we humans could make anything do what I saw", and how is it that the general person even understands basic flight much less advanced propulsion systems?

I believe (I'd say I know, but I can't account for all), that the vast majority of any craft ever lucky enough to be witnessed is in fact ours!!! No, not back engineered from aliens either. That's right, researched, created, and developed by minds so great that they are just not understood. Technology revolutions happen, no thanks to aliens and all that, but to global events such as the end of World Wars. German, Japanese, Russian scientists and physicists that have changed everything.

These UFO's are correctly called UFO's but they are not alien. We are able to do things that was once thought just science fiction people, we have people that have created what we could only dream of, over 20 years ago. Let's give ourselves some credit, not be pompous or conceited, but we are credit worthy.

My 2 cents and thoughts of course, from a man that has been in the area.....Peace, Mondo

(Mods please move if this need be in the aircraft forum, but I think it's correctly placed)

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I think some of your best crafts were the ones flying around during ancient Egypt. Those were really cool.

[edit on 13-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

I think some of your best crafts are the ones during ancient Egypt. Those were really cool.

We have not created those yet in our time line.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I find it slightly amusing that in an effort to debunk ALL evidence of UFO's in the history of civilization requires a stance that even if true, it still means that we are being lied to on a grand scale with technolgy available that would benefit makind and yet this position is somehow acceptable. I don't get it at all.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Damn it, I really wanna see an alien craft, I’ve seen aliens, but they’re tight as f@ck when it comes to telling me anything..

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I agree with your assessment. However, I also think that rumors that we have 'craft' or technology that is far advanced of what we see now are exaggerated, black budgets notwithstanding.

Some aerial phenomenon may be holographic, RPVs, or just laser technology, giving the impression of advanced flight envelopes. Because of this, I don't think any 'daylight discs' or nighttime lights in the sky are probative, wrt the UFO-ET connection.

2 cents.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Just for the record, I am not saying that ALL UFO's are man-made, just nearly all. All this historical evidence that is suggested, please don't tell me that this is proven by cave drawings, or from written Mayan documents that could have been concocted for any number of reasons. I sincerely hope that the aliens, if they exist, would be so technologically advanced that they would see the value of showing themselves to a people that could understand their existence. The ancient civilizations would have most likely been ruled by fear and power and had to believe in whatever was being pushed at the time. Then again, who knows.....NONE OF US WERE THERE, hence we DO NOT KNOW!!!!

We must learn from mistakes made in history to the best of our knowledge, I totally understand and agree with that! However, what has and has not existed cannot be based on a people that we never knew alone. Otherwise, we must believe in dragons too right, maybe bigfoot, or how about the Earth was flat????

All of those have been believed FOR SURE at some point too!

Prote et al.., I love the idea, I really do...but I simple tend to believe that what cannot be understood is put into the proverbial box of, "Well, it must be alien then". I believe in the unbelievable and I am a man of faith, I get it...really. But, I just haven't ever seen anything that suggests otherwise yet. Prote, I do like your signature...I am just a guy that has been around technology that is not alien, but would be thought to be.

I enjoy all your thoughts, and am never condemning your beliefs...I honestly am not!

We humans though, we can make some really neat stuff....Peace, Mondo

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Mondogiwa

I just felt it was relevant to point out that UFO's have been around since the dawn of mankind since you felt they were created by the US government.

But yes, if you ignore the historic record, I can see how your theory makes sense to you.

You do know that UFO's werent really covered up until the 1940's though? At the same time as that roswell incident happened. Before that, they were reported in the newspapers and in the radio. Even shot at during the Battle of LA.

But yes, if you ignore all that, its possible to come to your conclusion that most UFO's are made by man.

[edit on 13-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
OK Mondo, here's my issue...

Originally posted by Mondogiwa
Just for the record, I am not saying that ALL UFO's are man-made, just nearly all.

Prote et al.., I love the idea, I really do...

If you genuinely love the idea, why are you trying to explain the explainable rather than try to explore the unexplained?

You see the former is a debunking mindset and the latter is truth seeking and exploratory one. You show the former yet you say you love the idea, you sure put a lot of effort in to trying to demonstrate that the phenomena can't possibly have anything to do with anything unearthly.

but I simple tend to believe that what cannot be understood is put into the proverbial box of, "Well, it must be alien then".

Let others do what they will, that is their responsibility. I know you know what free thinking is.

I believe in the unbelievable and I am a man of faith, I get it...really. But, I just haven't ever seen anything that suggests otherwise yet.

FWIW, I am not a man of faith (in the traditional sense) and I have never seen a UFO.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Prote,

OK, I can see where it may seem a debunking mindset. I am an explorative person, it's just that so far there has been nothing that would make me think otherwise than man-made. I mean yeah, by probability alone, we can't be alone..yet, I still have no reason to think 'they' have been here. I just think that military( and now even private sector) funding for new technologies is at an all time high. Especially within our culture that just accepts things now and really has no idea, or need for that matter, as to how it works...it just does and that's cool enough I guess. At least it's easier that way in our society.

To whomever posted regarding the historical dilemma..........

As far as ignoring historical data....it's so subjective!! UFO's aound Egypt?? Uhh...were you there to see this first hand or did you regurgitate what some book or professor told you?? I mean let's just put basics to basics here, I won't argue with a 'gut feeling' that 'they' are here or have been....but let's just not play the he said she said thing. Unless you have the time machine or an Egyptian from that time period still hanging around, I just have a hard time using that as 'evidence'.

That being said, good to hear everybody's thoughts..keep them coming.

Peace, Mondo

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Mondo,
I agree 100%.

Even penned a thread on it,
a while back.

I'm of the opinion that "we"
are flying airframes that would
absolutely blow peoples minds.

But, after 60 some-odd years,
the theories still aren't practical;
either in use, or monetarily.

Great thread.

Lex

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Lexion,

Thanks for your thoughts...always keeping an eye on where your threads are by the way!

I really just wanted to start this thread to make people ask themselves if it is maybe possible that what they have seen could be 'us'. I spoke to Disgustipated on the chat the other day and he mentioned seeing a number of UFO's that could not be 'us' since he knows aviation fairly well. After chatting for a bit he actually said, "You know what, what I saw was incredible but I really don't know it was alien, I suppose it could be on of ours...I just know it was totally different than anything I have ever seen before".
And, that's great...but he just realized that he had made the jump in assumption that it was alien...when it fact there was nothing to say it was. He saw no pilots or creatures or whatever.

Thanks for the input again..Peace, Mondo

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The historical factor is not cave paintings and egypt, it's a million snippets of evidence covering every year since we had written records covering every culture, every century, it is simply overwhelming but somehow this is conveniently just brushed aside with nonchalance.

Even if your hypothesis was correct (which I don;t think it is), there is still a major problem here and a portion of humanity is seriously taking the pee out of the rest of us and you think that's ok.

Either way, there is a major cover up and you find that acceptable. You say you love the idea but that's clearly untrue, you aren't being honest with yourself. We already established you simply don't believe in another thread.

By the way, do you have any evidence of a man made object defying the laws of physics as we know them?

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Mondogiwa

No Thanks. Their here and have been for quite some time. People investigating, just look to the past. How far back you go to do it, well.. 1968 to 0068.

Dallas

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   

These UFO's are correctly called UFO's but they are not alien. We are able to do things that was once thought just science fiction people, we have people that have created what we could only dream of, over 20 years ago. Let's give ourselves some credit, not be pompous or conceited, but we are credit worthy.

I do agree with you on some points indeed, I also think that we humans have more advanced technology then what we are allowed to know, maybe we are even doing Star Trek for real.

But I do also believe that some UFOs are alien too, it's not either way.

And yeah, just like in Star Trek these aliens might not think we're ready for "star travel" just yet so they keep studying us in secret.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

What gets me though is that people just make the quantum leap to say, "Oh, no way we humans could make anything do what I saw", and how is it that the general person even understands basic flight much less advanced propulsion systems?

Okay, so I'm well educated in both areas and I can firmly, and without hesitation, state that what I saw in the summer of 1993 was not a man-made craft because not even today have we made a craft that can do what I witnessed.

So, there you have it.

new topics

top topics

join