It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting at a Cleveland Schools Building

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Shooting at a Cleveland Schools Building

www.wkyc.com

CLEVELAND -- Numerous police officers, with guns drawn have been seen running into the Successtech Academy High on Lakeside Avenue downtown.
1:41 p.m. Education Reporter Kim Wheeler reporting from the scene says the estimates are now that 4 people have been shot. Two of the victims have been taken to MetroHealth Center. Mayor Frank Jackson has arrived at the scene to find out firsthand what is happening.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I hope there are no no fatalities in this tragedy.

www.wkyc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

They are saying it is a 14 year old boy who was upset about a suspension. It is supposed to be 5 victims so far, 2 of which were teachers. I will try to keep you updated as much as I hear.

The boy has been captured on the fourth floor.

Honestly just my opinion, if this keeps persisting I think we should allow some teachers the ability to carry concealed weapons.
[edit on 10-10-2007 by Equinox99]

[edit on 10-10-2007 by Equinox99]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Will these events ever cease?
Prayers and thoughts to all those affected by this.

Oh, and before anyone else automatically thinks this, well now you don't have to come here just to post this - "it's an obvious psy-op"

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I somehow expected something like this to happen sooner or later.
School shootings will always occur, the reason? People are narcisistic careless buttholes who will put you down and make your life miserable, not because it profits them in any way, but makes them feel good to see others squirm. The squirming don't like to squirm, hence you have these events unfold. Change social policies, change social behavior, make people care more, instead of media pushing people into being brain dead materialists, make media push for caring and focus on the familly unit, and school shootings will stop. It's not hard to figure out, but the elite don't want that, they want conflict, they want to destroy what is pure and good, and besides, these events enable the gov to impose more gun control laws. Problem-action-solution, gotta love it.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muppetus Galacticus
"it's an obvious psy-op"

Uh no..................the kid shot 'em because he was suspended. That's called cause and effect, not a psy-op.

Trolling threads is so passe.

Peace

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99

Honestly just my opinion, if this keeps persisting I think we should allow some teachers the ability to carry concealed weapons.

Imo they need to shut down these filth ridden government run propaganda camps and spend the money on home schooling.With out the 13 yr olds having to strip in front of school officials,"looking for drugs",with out the gangs,violence....ect

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Isn't this the American dream? Shooting your teachers / boss seems to be a national sport to us outside the US.

I get security updates / news daily by email and hardly a week goes by without some disgruntled employee or psychotic idiot shooting colleagues. Makes the whole terrorism thing pale into insignificance by comparison given the accumulated numbers of people dying and being maimed in these events.
I have to wonder at the mindset involved. We all have bad days and suffer, or think we suffer injustices in our daily lives but to actually contemplate doing harm to those we perceive as at fault, let alone killing them, must take a really screwed up mind.

I don't think guns are the issue here but the whole mindset and sense of responsible behaviour. I guess if guns were not available they'd be running people down instead

I guess trems such as "life's a bitch" and "get over it" just don't cut it any more

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Uh no..................the kid shot 'em because he was suspended. That's called cause and effect, not a psy-op.

Trolling threads is so passe.

Peace

Ahh but you know that someone was going to come here just to say it without a thought for who it touched or what any evidence might say. I just thought I would try to nip it in the bud before it started and some real discussion could occur in it's place

www.wkyc.com...

2:10 p.m. According to Channel 3 News reporter, Dave Summers on scene, the gunman reportedly had two weapons. Police say they have the suspected shooter "in control." Earlier reports of potentially 5 victims have proven untrue. It is a chaotic scene. Authorities say the number of injuries is 4. MetroHealth Medical Center confirms it has received three victims, but no other details on their condition is available.
--------------------------------------------------
1:58 p.m. Sources tell Channel 3 News that the security guard was on vacation and that two other full time security guards had been laid off in recent years. The school has business and administrative offices on the ground to 2nd floors and classrooms on the 3rd floor and above.

I assume the layoffs are most likely due to lack of funding. But to have ZERO security at a place where they obviously feel it's needed is really maddening. At least it sounds as though they got the shooter and let's just hope and pray he isn't a murderer.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Yep, I think they were right when they said they had the shooter under control

www.wkyc.com...

2:26 p.m. Sources tell Channel 3 News that the suspected shooter is dead.

There is streaming video which I cannot get to work but here's hoping you have better luck - www.wkyc.com...

[edit on 10/10/2007 by Muppetus Galacticus]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
CNN: Five people reported with injuries now.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The local news still reports two adults and two students are being treated for gunshot wounds while the fifth injury is knee-related. And the latest is that the boy took his own life.

www.wkyc.com...

2:47 p.m. In a news conference from the scene, Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson now says there were five people hurt, four of those victims were shot. Jackson describes the victims as a 57-year-old male, a 42-year-old male, a 17-year-old male, and a 14 year-old male. All those victims suffered gunshot wounds. A fifth victim a 14-year-old girl injured her knee. Jackson says all the "children" are in stable condition. The mayor described the adult victims in an "elevated" condition. Schools CEO Dr. Eugene Sanders says the building is secured and that there is no reason to suspect that there are any others involved. Sanders says psychologists and counselors have been been brought to the site to help students and teachers.

www.wkyc.com...

2:52 p.m. Cleveland Teachers Union President JoAnn DeMarco tells Channel 3 News that the shooter killed himself with a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Police Union officials told Channel 3 News the same information about the alleged shooter.

This also happened across the road from the local FBI building so I wonder what they're response is in these situations.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
So far so good for the victims

www.wkyc.com...

3:15 p.m. Channel 3 reporter Maureen Kyle is on scene at MetroHealth Medical Center. According to doctors, the 57-year-old male gunshot victim is listed in good condition. There is no condition available on the 42-year-old male gunshot victim. Both teenage males who suffered the gunshot wounds are listed in stable condition.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
If you are so inclined then I am sure your prayers will be welcome to this guy and his family

www.wkyc.com...

3:50 p.m. A spokesperson with MetroHealth Medical Center says the 42-year-old teacher brought to the hospital is currently in surgery.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I don't know.. sounds a lot like Columbine to me..

Elite school. White area. Teen.

Only difference is he didn't kill anyone except himself..

I guess he didn't buy Halo 3 this round...
(above line is sarcasm. DO NOT TAKE IT SERIOUSLY!)

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I notice school shootings are happening a lot now since the Virginia Tech.

Sure, he was suspended, but I'm sure there's also other many reasons that led him into that action.

Idea about teachers carrying guns? How about, a check-up scanner like in airports they have before letting the students in school?

[edit on 10-10-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
There are big new gun-control bills coming up in Congress. That's the reason this happened. No accident there have been rage killings with multiple casualties in Louisiana on Friday, Crandon, Wisconson on Sunday, and this one today. They need to whip up hysteria to pass their new anti-freedom laws.

Disarmament of the civilian population is the ultimate goal.

Fuggediboutit, they are all psy-ops.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by starviego
There are big new gun-control bills coming up in Congress. That's the reason this happened. No accident there have been rage killings with multiple casualties in Louisiana on Friday, Crandon, Wisconson on Sunday, and this one today. They need to whip up hysteria to pass their new anti-freedom laws.

Fuggediboutit, they are all psy-ops.

See what I was talking about yesterday?
Why is it so hard to believe that people can go crazy all on their own without anyone helping them along?!

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muppetus Galacticus
If you are so inclined then I am sure your prayers will be welcome to this guy and his family

www.wkyc.com...

3:50 p.m. A spokesperson with MetroHealth Medical Center says the 42-year-old teacher brought to the hospital is currently in surgery.

www.wkyc.com...

Teacher, Michael Grassie, 42, underwent 90 minutes of surgery Wednesday, and is listed in fair condition.

Grassie and a student remain in hospital but are stable while the second teacher and one of the students have been released from hospital.

www.wkyc.com...

5:55 p.m. The teenager suspected in the shootings is identified as 14-year-old Asa Coon of Cleveland. According to records, the teenager has not been a stranger to police or the juvenile court system. The boy has reportedly spent time in various juvenile detention centers and was recently removed from home monitoring. Police say the teen took his own life following the shootings. He reportedly had been upset about a recent suspension. Students and neighbors we talked to described the boy as a loner without friends.

And I'm not sure how much the light Coon's MySpace page throws on the matter if the worst the can say about him is he was a goth who hated the school but...

www.wkyc.com...

"I'm sick and tired of this sh--. I got suspended yesterday for fighting with some fa--, even though he started sh-- with me. I hate the school. And I hate fu-- Cleveland."

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Radekus
I somehow expected something like this to happen sooner or later.
School shootings will always occur, the reason? People are narcisistic careless buttholes who will put you down and make your life miserable, not because it profits them in any way, but makes them feel good to see others squirm.

yup. kids are/can be mean..if you're already not 100% in the head, it could make you crack.
i just read the newest article on yahoo and it said that a student tried to warn the prinicpal before it happened.
in the article, it said that the right before the shooting, coon was walking out of the bathroom and he bumped into another boy, the other boy punched him in the face.....

you get tormented like that long enough and you're gonna crack.
he was an outcast there.

just like the columbine kids.

i am actually suprised this does not happen more often.
kids are cruel. they can be mean as hell especially if you are not like the others.
depending on your mental state, it could beat you down.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Bloody hell, can't people simply deal with life?

I honestly cannot even begin to fathom what would make someone shoot another person.

Good. No civilian needs a gun. Guns should be something that are feared, not revered in some kind of holy light I see alot of people doing.

EDIT- He's dead? Can't say I'm sorry about it.

[edit on 11-10-2007 by Zanzibar]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join