It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Columbia brought down by a UFO weapon?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Um, guess who I traced this urban myth to? An external link to "Limbaugh promoted false theory that EPA regulations banning Freon caused space shuttle Columbia disaster". Those who would really like to know more simply google "Columbia and BX-250" and "BX-250 and freon."

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by V Kaminski
Thanks for posting that info. I tend to avoid listening to him so I'll catch up.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by V Kaminski

It seems to run a bit more deeply than that. There were many news stories about it, some had access to NASA sources and cited knowledgeable engineers. There was at least one study that cited an increase of insulation failure due to the new foam formulation. Thus I do not dismiss the report so casually.

findarticles.com...

Just do a google search on freon foam shuttle disaster EPA or something like that.

Katnik wasn't the only one to raise doubts about the new "environmentally correct" foam. According to Knight Ridder News Service, a retired engineering manager for Lockheed Martin Corp., the company that assembles NASA's tanks, said at a conference last September that developing the Freon-free foam had "been much more difficult than anticipated" and that the new foam "resulted in unanticipated program impacts, such as foam loss during flight." The manager noted that on the 1997 launch, the same one Katnik had studied, NASA had to replace nearly 11 times more damaged tiles than after a previous mission that had used the old foam.

The article that you cite is from a left wing anti-Rush blog.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Listen I'm not going to reply to you at all. I stated that I might regret posting on this thread... You seem to have a bias and prediliction for promoting a view that does no one any good, nor get at the "truth" you profess. Do what you you feel compelled to do. It's fine by me. Have a pleasant day promoting your agenda.

Vic

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
NASA states that Columbia's tank was insulated with freon based foam before the formulation was changed. Shouldn't have come into play with Columbia but may be future missions will prove if a problem has been created.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Answer here...www.ufoarea.com...

Gasimov believes that the USA doesn't fulfill these commitments till the end and for this reason it is possible to take anti- measures against them. "According to the agreement, if the USA doesn't fulfill these commitments the representative of high civilization had to make it refrain from this work. It seems shuttle Columbia crew had dangerous information. "So that this information didn't reach the earth, UFO crushed the shuttle," he said.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Columbia was shutdown over a us area named Palestine.
Columbia had the first israeli astronaut onboard, a combat pilot who bombed iraq in the past.
So it was a message alright, a message to specific recipients.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptical2012
Columbia was shutdown over a us area named Palestine.

The shuttle was in pieces when it past the north - south line of my place and that line is west of Palestine. And yes, i did see it pass by in pieces.

There is also a Moscow and Egypt in Texas.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Why has NASA not released the "real" photo's to the public? That is the question?

If it was just foam, why not show what these pictures have captured to the world, I thought Nasa was a public agency and.....I know, that was sarcasm.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I will keep this short but sweet. I have a dear friend who we will call mr. X. Mr. X is retired Airforce. He spent 23 years in the AF with the last 13 years in the Blackworld. He is very tight liped on all subjects, but when asked the right questions at the right times can be very insightfull and open. After reading this thread and finding this topic very interesting I had the opportunity to ask Mr. X about this. I have found that it was neither a loose tile nor a ET weapon that caused the explosion of the shuttle. But that it was a very tragic accident of a advanced defense system in earths orbit. Believe it or not. Just wanted to share this info with ATS.

[edit on 11-10-2007 by Osyris]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
30 second lightning strike... hmm, someone should teach NASA how the lightning works.

"Super lightning". My god! Why people continue to believe NASA and their continuous lies is an absolute phenomena in itself.

Originally posted by area512012
Why has NASA not released the "real" photo's to the public?

Because it makes it easier for them to lie.

[edit on 11/10/07 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Osyris

This is a startling development. The Star Wars thing is functional? I see that Boeing is the main developer for the ADS.

www.boeing.com
# Airborne Laser (ABL) and Advanced Tactical Laser (ATL) -- The ABL is a precise, high-energy, laser weapons system capable of destroying ballistic missiles in the boost phase. The ATL is a directed energy weapon system that can support missions on the battlefield and in urban operations by destroying, damaging or disabling ground targets.

Source

Appears to locked and loaded.

[edit on 11/10/07 by Rhain]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   
why most of you claim that it was laser work and not some intelligently controlled craft. And no one has ever touched the fact that object CHANGES DIRECTION...?!! What about that, haa???
I mean, really ppl. it's funny that nobody realized that it's solid,
that is falling behind...
and then is catching up with the shuttle after when it enters the trajectory and hits the shuttle.

One more thing.
I saw the day when it happened on VOA (voice of America Washington) channel, satellite video record or ISS record I don't remember now, but there it was in the air on VOA news satellite channel.
It was a telephone contact broadcast after the crash, people were stunned with it and in one moment the TV staff decided to air that record from the ISS of moment of shuttle bursting.
3 to 4 seconds before it, a spot came into position behind the shuttle, and one of the guys were talking and comment it on the phone and stating how he's ashamed to be living in a USA like this and the he saw it too from his balcon, and then awed on tv screen "What's, what's that ..."
Object then moved really fast to the right side of the shuttle and the airing of that rec. was stopped then.???
TV commentator then quickly changed the subject of that ISS shot and cut listener from the phone line..!?

It all tells me that there IS higher force involved with it from the beginning, and NASA is in it to the throat. It was unexpected for them, it was obvious to ppl. and they needed some quick REASON after which they came up with,
-- a Lightning -- It just proves how silly and crappy their job is.
First send our astronauts in space, then mess UP there, silencing all who ever dares to say something about it and even kill their own ppl. after which HIGHER FORCE kills their ppl. or our astronauts.
How many ppl will die because of this evil childish and unplanned "Human space exploration" I wonder...
It really comes to me that it should be like this and that it's not the end at all. Just a fact that astronauts are on the line first in these cases makes me sorrow for them and beastily angry to the Mullin Space science systems and Administrator ...
They should be the one shuttling above (mot...r fuc...rs) havent got words for them...

Sorry for this last moment but it's a relief...

[edit on 12/10/07 by Triad979]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Just cause you don't agree with me doesn't make you closed minded, your blind following of paperwork does. An I'm sorry if you think I'm attacking you but you qouted my opinions first and blasted them, but enough chat agree to disagree.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lokey13
Just cause you don't agree with me doesn't make you closed minded, your blind following of paperwork does. An I'm sorry if you think I'm attacking you but you qouted my opinions first and blasted them, but enough chat agree to disagree.

So does that mean that you have no evidence to support your claims besides some dubious video that has already been proven to be something else?

I never blasted your opinions, if you think I did grow some thicker skin.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
haha me get thicker skin, I wasn't the one offended by the comments. An I have all the proof in the world.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Is this the same incident??? www.dailymotion.com...

The object we can see at the end is really weird, did you noticed the the "ray" who seem to be fired by this object and the blinking thing who react to it???

maybe an illusion but it's very bizarre!!!!!!!

what do you think?

[edit on 15-10-2007 by ufopunx]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I live directly underneath where the space shuttle exploded (west of Lubbock Texas). I was outside the morning of the disaster. I kept seeing flashes of light, but they were about 30 minutes prior to the explosion. Has anyone taken into account the conditions below the morning of the explosion? The air was very dry and dusty conditions existed that day. I can see how static may have played a part in the explosion. We were having a West Texas dust storm that day from a prolonged drought. I also realize the shuttle was several miles overhead. The air is much dryer than it is at the 3300 feet altitude at ground level.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by royalblood

You saw lightening 30 minutes prior to the explosion? Well that was probably just ordinary lightening that only last for a second or two. You have to realize that this "super lightening" NASA dubbed, lasted for half a minute and seemed to follow Columbia.

Are there unknown types of electro-static activity in the atmosphere we don't know about? I think yes, but that thing that brought Columbia seems even weirder that some undiscovered form of lightening.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I think the biggest piece of evidence that we seemed to have missed here is that eyewitnesses actually saw a UFO following the shuttle:

SPHERICAL UFO VIDEOTAPED FOLLOWING COLUMBIA
An amateur astronomer videotaped a strange white object following the space shuttle Columbia as the orbiter passed overhead on its final approach into Cape Canaveral, Florida, a newspaper in Nevada reported.

According to the Reno, Nev. Gazette-Journal, the amateur astronomer, a student working at the Fleischmann Planetarium in Sparks, Nevada (population 66,346), just east of Reno, observed the Columbia via telescope as the vehicle flew high over the Spanish Springs Valley and Shadow Mountain. He also had a videocamera automatically recording his observation.

"'There was a pulse in the trail,' the Reno Gazette- Journal quoted the witness as saying, 'I noticed a smaller object trailing the space shuttle a little after the flash.'"

The witness described the UFO as "a small spherical object" following the orbiter at a close distance.

Eyewitnesses further west, in California, also reported seeing and photographing strange flashes around the space shuttle.

According to the San Francisco

source: linklink

I'm surprised that so many of you find it hard to believe that ET's would shoot down US craft. After all the US has a policy of shooting their craft down. They are probably sending a message.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join