It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to shapeshift yourself

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by dantanna

you just need confidence to apply it....ooops....it was confidence you wanted, right?:-)

Just wanted to chirp in here.

"It's not always easy for people to just be different. If everyone could just "be" how they want everyone would be happy."

I hear this a a lot. It takes practice. You need to work to change your self image. That is, the image of yourself that you hold in your mind. Many people have a very negative, weak idea of who they are. No matter what you do on the outside, it will always revert back to what it has been until your self image changes.

For confidence building you need to engage several levels.

#1 Focus on a time of your life where you were successful, and had confidence. If you were explaining your profession to someone that is a novice towards you, if you were building, teaching, or selling something. Picture that feeling, of action without fear, remember what it felt like.

Now, picture yourself with that same feeling, applying it to situations where you are uncomfortable. Picture the situation as vividly as possible. With regular practice, 15 minutes a day, you'll see changes in your life.

#2 Pay attention to your body language. Your external body will for prolonged periods match your inner body, your self-image. Picture yourself as big and strong as you can be. Breathe deeply which each step, raise your chin, pull your shoulders back, chest extended, eyes at the horizon. Everytime you realize your body language is that of a person who lacks confidence, change it to confident body language. This will also help to change your self-image, alter your habits, and train you to be as you act.

#3 Go into uncomfortable situations(I know, the worst) and act yourself, with power. Maintain your body language, and picture yourself as strong in your mind, this image will build with power. Make sure that you are breathing, and with each breath you are becoming stronger as pure universal energy fills your entire body, healing and empowering you.

To review-
#1 Picture yourself with confidence.
#2 Remember the feeling of confidence and conjure it up, feeli the confidence pulsing in your veins.
#3 Act the way you want to be.

Your thoughts, feelings, and actions will create the you that you wnat to be. But you need to continue to practice. It's like working out. If you do curls for a week, you won't be lifting mountains, but with perseverence you can come to be stronger than you perhaps thought you could be.

When you become more skillful with this practice, you will utilize all aspects at once in a very powerful way. Good luck.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Thanks for helping out grey swordsman. It is correct that the words in my last post would not suffice as a directive. I didnt want to give advice because I was tired...and thats not a state-of-mind to give advice in!:-)

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I see, no problem at all! I'm glad I could add something. Once again, this is a fantastic thread. I just wish I could give it more flags. Keep up the good work.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by HuntaXX
Well if the only thing that isn't made by the mind in this reality is the spirit and the body is merely a outward projection of our inward views of ourselves

Exactly. Seems simply yet proves so difficult for most to understand. But 'tis true!

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   
We all shapeshift on a daily basis anyway

To some degree shapeshifting is already human nature anyway. Most do it unconsciously on a daily basis, meaning they shift their identity according to the situation. They might be sitting at a table socializing with relatives they dont like. But once they retreat to the restroom their entire demeanor changes, the muscles relax, the eye-sparkle returns, the fake smile fades. This is imo a miniature-shapeshift.

Accordingly, we shapeshift depending on if we are being a mother, a father, a son, a colleague, a lover, a debater, an observer, lazy, active or whatever. What follows from our shapeshift is a change of mood, a change of vibe, a change of outlook, a change of thought, a change of behaviour, a change of appearance, a change of the choices we make, a change of clothes we choose....but we didnt have to make each of these detailed changes consciously...they followed automatically from the identity-shift (see above post on identity / the architect being the main source of change).

Therefore it can be said that shapeshifting is not necessarily something that has to be learned but something inherent in our nature. We can do it on-automatic or be aware of it and do it on purpose.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
My favourite way of achieving something is to act and behave as if it were already true.

The only problem with it, is that it is "lying"...but its always yielded the results of it becoming true.

Thats why a shapeshifter might have to re-define what a "lie" is. Ive solved the issue for my own concsience by saying "If I dont believe it, I am lying to myself and others".

What do you think?

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I've been able to have someone look at my face and I'd write down different expressions on a card. Then I'd ask someone to say what expressions they see on my face without changing my expressions physically. Then I pull out the card and it is usually correct as to what order they thought I was expressing things.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

My favourite way of achieving something is to act and behave as if it were already true.

The only problem with it, is that it is "lying"...but its always yielded the results of it becoming true.

Thats why a shapeshifter might have to re-define what a "lie" is. Ive solved the issue for my own concsience by saying "If I dont believe it, I am lying to myself and others".

What do you think?

Great thread, old or not. A man I admire once said something that's served me very well, that's stuck with me ever since I heard it. He said "Fake it til you make it." Haha, it's so simple and yet so helpful. I can say that every time I've applied this philosophy, I have ended up "making it" in the end, and what I was perpetrating ended up becoming the truth.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I find it particularly interesting about what you say about everyday anomolities, for instance seeing yourself slightly different in the mirror, or changing rates of hair growth and weight loss, as I think I can relate directly to these.

First off I would like to say I have always believed in mind over matter. The power of our minds is so unbelievable, yet we are being forced to repress it to the point in which we wont need a mind at all.

But on the point of weight loss/gain... I have always eaten what I wanted and how much of it, when I wanted.. and I have always believed that It would not do me any harm. Now doctors/ scientists would say I have a high metabolism rate, but what you said there made me think.. yeah what if.
Also on the hair growth, Ive been growing my hair and cutting it for a period of about 6 years now and people have always said that my hair grows quite fast. I believe this is because when Im growing it, I want it to be long and it will grow at a faster rate, and when I want it short It grows more slowly.

And my last point is that I am actually quite a vain person
and I always notice a different face (physically) when I look in the mirror depending on what frame of mind I am in.

Just my 2 pence on the topic.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I believe this can be done.

I know it can be done.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

?

Remember that famous story about a man who literally froze to death when he found himself trapped in a "cold room" when the cooling system was in fact disconnected and the actual temperature in it was around 18 C?

The body, including its subtler extensions, does not know what is the "truth", unless you tell it. And that's because the "truth" is a purely mental fabrication, based on subjective interpretation of a certain set of circumstances.

(It may sound like sophism or even moral relativism, but it's not.)

Gotta go - hope to be back soon!

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

What do you think?

Hi Skyfloater,

how do u know if u r having blind faith or if what u want is possible?
Thanks.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   

All you do is hold a desire in your heart, and hold thoughtlessness. Zero thoughts while knowing exactly what you want. The longer you can hold the thoughtlessness the better. You can use single thought consciousness as well. That also works, because it is the same thing as zero thought. Even when you think of nothing you are still thinking of something.

The simplicity of this formulation is brilliant.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   

if you move your perception backward toward the brain stem and focus your awareness on the back of your head while holding no thought and keeping the desire in your heart it seems to work even better

Whatever is back there, it's a powerhouse of terrifying proportions (and I am not exaggerating).
Which, BTW, is why I asked this question a few months ago - but it's a bit off-topic here, so let's leave it at that.

Another thing: how long does it usually take to materialise an event/thing in your case?
Have you noticed any patterns in the lapse of time that it takes for materialisation to occur?
(I am not implying that there necessarily are any, I am just asking.)

[edit on 28-6-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Thanks.

Even though the question wasn't addressed to me, I'd like to insert an observation here, which you might or might not find useful:

Faith MUST be "blind" in order to (literally) dis-regard the seemingly solid reality of the current situation.

What you see is what you get.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by hitmen

Choose something that is already natural and native to you and that feels "right" and invest "blind faith" in THAT, because THAT is certainly possible.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Hello ATS community, I found this thread researching on Google.com. I think the whole reptilian thing is silly, but I am a Anasazi/Pueblo (The Ancient Ones), and Navajo Native American. I have been learning ot be a Medicine Man/Shaman for a good portion of my short life. For those of you that know what that means, and know I have done many things, and learned a lot, but I have never learned how to shapeshift. My teachers have told me about it, but they do not teach it.

I forgot your name, and I am sorry, but It has to do something with "Gray Sword", if you can exchange words with me, I would be glad for the experience. I can not give you my contact information openly, when I do, I get many people asking me questions I do not have time to reply to.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
young teen i understand what your talking bout just use your willpower and relax anything possible i am just into the stage were my mind begins to develop but imagination hasn't subside so i do this stuff easy hold on to the kid inside anyone can do anything they want

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
In regards to "shape shifting"

I believe that everyone has at least some small touch of psychic ability and I believe that it somehow augments ones perception. So if a random person is looking around, they may physically "see" a shaman / shape shifter but their mind tells them that this is a tree because the shape shifters aura or energy matches that of a tree.

The distinction here is that its not just the shape shifters ability to alter their energy that matters but the way people perceive things also plays a role.

In regards to "confidence"

I agree with everything that TheGreySwordsman said. This is about changing your self image which can be a very daunting task. Its about breaking the existing mental loop of "I am not good enough because of x" and replacing it with "I am great because of x".

In addition to his suggestions, I believe you need to "learn into your fear" (Way of the Superior Man by David Deida). Sitting around and reading about how to be confident is great but getting out there and screwing up a few times is fasting and more effective. Its for that reason that I've come to believe that making physical change can sometimes be the quickest way of creating emotional change.

I'm a big believer of positive thinking and 'faking it until you make it' and i use it myself on a regular basis but if this is the route you wish to go, be careful about creating too many false layers, even if those layers are an extension of who you really are. Eventually, if you wish true peace or confidence, you will need to let go of the layers in order to heal the emotional hurts which lead you on that road to begin with. Better to dig deep now while the pain is still fresh and treat it before it becomes buried.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by PhoenixDown]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I am a shapeshifter and I can turn into anything plants to animals, mythical creatures (dragons, fairies ect.) to creatures from different planets and believe you me that it isnt easy to change what ever.

this is how to shapeshift (if you are not a shapshifter then this wont work)

1. sit somewhere pieceful (anywhere where you wont be interupted)

2. close your eyes and relax

3. think of anything (e.g tiger) picture it in your head (think real hard)

4. act like the it and soon enough you will become that creature

good luck

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join