It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anomaly on Mars: weird object

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos

Mike, thank you for the reminder.

I was looking for the caption of the pic and i found it today.

I did not have the time to react on this one by U2U so far. But I think this is also very interesting. I presume there will be a lot of this sort of anomalies on several strips in that area.

When I am home, lets take a closer look!

[edit on 11-10-2007 by Lunica]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
i'd say, it's a human craft possibly mining some sort of metal

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
www.msss.com...

Check out about halfway down the page on that one... it looks like a giant, and i mean GIANT arrowhead and nothing like anything I've seen in any of the images on here...

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Top notch find as always internos!

Here is my take on the photo based on the topography and shadowing.
It appears to be a tower of some kind or building or beacon, with massive lighting, illuminating the object in question, when viewed from this vantage point.

Birds eye view... just my perceptions, it could be that model rocket I once shot off as a kid ( that never came back down! True story...) for all I know...
Excellent find as always internos.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
A lot of interesting points have been made, though I can't claim to know what it is, it certainly is an awesome photo, and worthy of much discussion. Thanks for taking the time to post something that actually is relatively unexplainable.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1nL1ghtened

It appears to be a tower of some kind or building or beacon, with massive lighting, illuminating the object in question, when viewed from this vantage point.

Birds eye view... just my perceptions, it could be that model rocket I once shot off as a kid ( that never came back down! True story...) for all I know...

Thank you my friend,

and let me say that is important to add, as you did in your post with your excellent example (as always), a content with a new perspective: this is very important in order to watch at the things in many different ways: and i have to confess that i missed the option you showed: i wonder how would appear the other pic once watched from this perspective.
Thank you for your actually interesting post.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
in the vertical perspective, does anybody possibly see a shape resembling the concept "delta wing or the X-33" shuttle"? It may just be me, my experience with this research is pale compared to others.....
I really believe there is something there. Foreign or not, theres a line from the movie "The Martian Chronicles" that I cant shake now. "Dad, where are all the martians? Son, we're the martians." Okay, that quote may not be completely accurate, but I wont forget that scene. I'm afraid to ask because I've noticed no has mentioned Hoagland. But has anybody brought up these incredible pictures to him? I've yet to see him reference any of these. In any case. great work to all of you!

i.cnn.net...

the link is just a google cnn link, nothing spectacular...

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1nL1ghtened

Interesting point of view!
But IMO its not the correct angle.

All other anomalies seem to be suitable as viewed in the same angle as the original willy wonka factory

If not ,you have to turn the image in different angles to place the different anomalies, for me thats not possible.

Greetings Lunica

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos

Source:

www.msss.com...
www.msss.com...

Good find!
Here's what I think it ought to look like....I may be wrong! Lunica and the gang can get to work on this! The perspective needs to be worked out like the previous pic.

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I think you did a fine job here Mike. To bad we totally cannot say what it is. I have looked into some more of this type of MOC images, and never saw something like this. Also not something with straight lines in it. Therefore this find is significant

I have got an example where its perfectly clear what we seeing!

Of course I guess this is a good example of "I see something in the clouds!!"
But its just to funny to not post!

MOC image

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
hmmm, is it possible that those pictures could have been taken of earth somewhere, and in a slightly, how can i say this, FOREIGN area?

If not, great find and keep researching on this, your bound to find something worthwhile

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nyte Angel
hmmm, is it possible that those pictures could have been taken of earth somewhere, and in a slightly, how can i say this, FOREIGN area?

If not, great find and keep researching on this, your bound to find something worthwhile

MOC stands for Mars Orbiter Camera. And as they state on the website, they have taken images of the mars survace.
But ok, no one can proof this

No one has actually been there when the Orbiter Camera took the pictures.

Lunica

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lunica

MOC image

Well, this is actually odd and funny! A sea horse on Mars doesn't happen every day! I'll record it in my collection of oddities from Mars.

Lunica, thank you for sharing it

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

For some reason I find this one especially bizarre since it has a religious symbol feel to it.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lunica

Originally posted by Nyte Angel

MOC stands for Mars Orbiter Camera. And as they state on the website, they have taken images of the mars survace.
But ok, no one can proof this

No one has actually been there when the Orbiter Camera took the pictures.

Lunica

What I was trying to say is, what if that site is just some random people that made a site to prank people into thinking things that aren't true. seeing things that aren't true. Like, I know you probably have proof that this site is real and all. But what if it isn't, there probably looking at our posts right now going, "Wow look at them, thinking that this 'Object' they found is real.

I'm not trying to stop to topic, IMO I think that the Internet isn't always the best source. You never know who could have hacked this or that. Anyways back to the topic.

To me I would say it looks like a ship possibly preparing for take-off
. and the buildings beside it, could possibly be control towers of some sort maybe?

[edit on 20-10-2007 by Nyte Angel]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Some people see it but reject it.
Some people do the opposite.
Some people dont even look, because its mars, so it cant be true.

You can always say "it isnt" on everything.
You could say, everything is joke.

I think yoo are faster inclined to say something has to be a hoax when the subject is to difficult to understand. Or just doesnt fit in someones earthly expercience.

(I am not saying you are though
Just in general. )

But IMO its always good to ask yourself whats the source.

[edit on 20-10-2007 by Lunica]

[edit on 20-10-2007 by Lunica]

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Lunica

This should help. Maybe, we have landed on Mars, but they never mentioned anything? I think that this is quite possible, could have been planning this for years. Odds are that it went wrong, and so these people tried to survive as long as they could(if they survived the trip/crash), making a special building to leak all the oxygen into, and have it secured into there?

This is just another one of my wild guesses, that could go horribly wrong.

[edit on 21-10-2007 by Nyte Angel]

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   

MOC narrow-angle image M11-03874

Acquisition parameters

Image ID (picno): M11-03874
Image start time: 2000-01-27T21:15:31.63 SCET
Image width: 512 pixels
Image height: 2432 pixels
Line integration time: 0.4821 millisec
Pixel aspect ratio: 1.06
Crosstrack summing: 2
Downtrack summing: 2
Compression type: MOC-PRED-X-5
Gain mode: 2A (hexadecimal)
Offset mode: 38 (decimal)

Derived values

Longitude of image center: 188.85°W
Latitude of image center: 86.86°S
Scaled pixel width: 2.75 meters
Scaled image width: 1.42 km
Scaled image height: 7.15 km
Solar longitude (Ls): 290.70°
Local True Solar Time: 18.06 decimal hours
Emission angle: 0.28°
Incidence angle: 66.63°
Phase angle: 66.90°
North azimuth: 159.25°
Sun azimuth: 66.92°
Spacecraft altitude: 370.79 km
Slant distance: 370.79 km

Source:
www.msss.com...

I noticed this odd-shaped object: much likely it should be a natural formation, at least i think so: anyway, i'd like to read some comments about it, its shape and its (at least apparent) simmetries.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
After altering birghtness and contrast I did a little [sharpen more] and let PhotoShop decide to fill in the area with color. It will only fill in the same sort of pixels with the same color. I did use three colors to see color contrast. This is the result.
You could say the thing is seperated from the surface? Therefore I think its interesting.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
I'll hazard a guess that the streaks in other parts of the photos are the result of windblown debris. So, I'll also guess that we are seeing additional windblown material? Don't know what, maybe steam venting or something? I think elsewhere on Mars, venting has been theorized to create some odd features.

LOL second post and "still guessing', Mr Penny? You ought to try to actually do some research once in a while...

This image is in the polar region....

the 'theory' is that it is a field of dry ice... that when it melts it thaws from the bottom up... thus sublimating directly to CO2... this then 'levitates' the ice field and as holes form the pressure is 'vented', causing geysers of the black sand beneath the ice...

Kinda looks like this...

Artwork Credit: Arizona State University/Ron Miller

Here is one of my better images in my collection..

MSSS original

FOR THOSE who say there is nothing of interest in the images,,,

I pity you... this effect alone is truly alien and spectacular. If you are so apathetic to images like this... why are you even here...

FOR THOSE who are confused about the orientation of the MSSS images... that is because they come in 'map projected and non mapped version...

The non mapped is shown with the top of the film being up... as you would take a normal photo

The map projected is the orientation on the planet itself...

You start here...
www.msss.com...

Pick a date or if you have an image number... select the range... in the OP post it is M11

Select Narrow Angle...
This takes you to here...
www.msss.com...

If you move your mouse over the brown map... in the link bar you will see the numbers for each block...

In this case we want 3rd row 4th from left and it will be mc11.html

This takes you to here
www.msss.com...

This is the map projected images... Unfortunately there is NO EASY WAY to find the one you want.... you have to pass the mouse over to find the strip number's location

Okay on to the 'anomaly'

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join