It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amish children don't get autism...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Why? They don't vaccinate. According to the doctors at this homefirst hospital, they have never had a child that had autism that wasn't vaccinated.

I heard a staggering statistic a few weeks ago that by the time a child is 18, they will have had 56 vaccinations.

I have never been convinced that vaccinations didn't have anything to do with autism.
But this information is hard to ignore.
And they mention that there is a much lower rate of asthma as well.

But it may not strictly be the vaccines, but it is combined with chemicals in the food and the environment as well.

I always think of that scene in batman where the Joker kills people by putting chemicals in products. a product by itself won't do it, but if you mix hairspray, deodarant, and makeup, then you have a lethal combination.

Maybe this is what is happening.

Nothing infuriates me more then forced vaccinations. I had the awful task of getting the chix pox two days ago just so my kid can start daycare. I had to make a special appt at the health department because the peds offices were out because the schools in my area have now started kicking kids out for not being updated on their shots.

I can't think of a sillier vaccine to administer then then chicken pox.

I also have a family friend whose husband works with some of these vaccines, who has hinted that they don't even really work, or only for a short period of time.

If indeed the info. comes out that vaccinations are a culprit in autism and asthma, will we be able to make the government liable for forced vaccinations?

www.venusproject.com...

I already have my child on a partial organic diet. I may go full blown.

And that last chix pox vaccine is going to be the last vaccine he gets, no matter what.

[edit on 3-10-2007 by nixie_nox]

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
There are a whole lot of mixed feelings about vaccines. Personally, I believe they generally work, but people shouldn't be forced to get them. I actually got the Hepatitis A virus years ago. Sure, it was a week of feeling down, but now I am totally immune to it, and will not require another vaccination ever, rather then getting periodic boosters. I much prefer that.
IMO you should give your child the recommended vaccines until they are able to decide for themselves. It would be a bit daft to have your child die from an easily preventable and common disease because of your refusal to believe that vaccinations are not part of some black-government conspiracy.

I like the idea of the organic diet though. There is so much crap in our food that the manufacturers would prefer to keep hidden. Preservatives and flavourings are just the start.
But perhaps it would be a bad idea to put your child on a vegetarian diet. Dunno if you've done this, but humans, especially developing ones, need meat. I hate to hear of those stories where the parents refuse to feed their child meat, in the believe that they don't need it.

I don't really fuss about what I eat or inject too much. I mean, no one gets out of this life alive.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Why? They don't vaccinate. According to the doctors at this homefirst hospital, they have never had a child that had autism that wasn't vaccinated.

But it may not strictly be the vaccines, but it is combined with chemicals in the food and the environment as well.

There is still no demonstrated scientific link between Autism, and Vaccinations, despite what some wish to claim. Many believe that the mercury in older vaccinations are to blame. Funny as they haven't used it in years. Denmark, which banned it long before the US stopped using it, shows no correlation between vaccination and autism. Since they banned the mercury in vaccinations, there has been no drop in Autism rates, In fact, the rates have climbed.

As you so astutely noted, there is an abundance of chemical factors in our environment that need to be considered. Look at plastics for example. It is well documented how plastics can mimic hormonal influence on young bodies. How many parents place their children's foods in plastic containers? How many thoroughly scrub them before using them for the first time? And this is only one example of environmental chemical factors.

The link to vaccinations is thus far based on false assumptions and not on science. I was exposed to a significant amount of mercury as a child in the older style of vaccinations. I have since then, had numerous vaccinations for world travel to remote locations, as well as experimental vaccinations. While I did experience a known family trait of genetic dyslexia, I have never had any adverse reaction to any vaccination, including those that included mercury.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   

the peds offices were out because the schools in my area have now started kicking kids out for not being updated on their shots.

Yet even more reason for homeschooling our kids.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Autism I believe has little or nothing to do with vaccines. All countries have a degree of autisms within the population. Countries that have lower vaccines given still have same level of autism within its population.

This chart gives you a basic level to go by.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Not to be a downer but that site clearly has a warning next to every other country than the USA that those are not actual statistics from those countries, just ratios based on population and statistics from other countries. Read the bottom.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by lightworker12

Which is why I said a basic level to go by....if you read through this site it also states that vaccines are not linked to autism.

This site has the best chart I could find.

Thank you.

[edit on 3/10/07 by Rhain]

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
As a military kid or "brat" what have you, I am subject to free "cocktails" courtesy of Uncle Sam. A couple years ago 2004ish an Army nurse gave me a Typhoid Fever vaccination "just because." Oh yeah, and as a direct result of recieving a vaccination that soldier no longer recieve, I passed out not 13 seconds later.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I always think of that scene in batman where the Joker kills people by putting chemicals in products. a product by itself won't do it, but if you mix hairspray, deodarant, and makeup, then you have a lethal combination.

Maybe this is what is happening.

This is what I've been saying on this site for awhile. Each person carries what is called a "chemical burden" based on the food, products and environment that person is exposed to. One chemical may do a certain amount of damage to the body... but combined chemicals can do major damage to the body. And since everyone has a different chemical burden, it's difficult to prove that certain products (or vaccinations) cause harm. There is tons of information about this on the Newstarget website:
www.newstarget.com...
Just drill down to the topic of your choice.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The Amish aren't too keen on taking their children to doctors, either. Perhaps their children have autism and nobody knows it.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Amish children DO get autism, and not from vaccines.

This article from a UK site gives more links to show that autism DOES occur in the Amish, that some Amish kids ARE vaccinated, and that the likeliest reason that Amish appear to have fewer cases of autism are because they shun outsiders and are not likely to even know what autism is, let alone self-report it to an outside doctor or bureaucracy.

When I googled Amish + autism I was interested to see that I could not find a single reputable medical site that talks about thimerosol being linked to autism. It's all from parenting sites, newage sites and the like.

I'm sorry, but I don't believe there is a link. Trying to make a scapegoat instead of looking deeply at the issue solves nothing.

Children used to die of diseases they don't catch anymore. They'd be blinded by scarlet fever, crippled by polio. Dead of measles, mumps, smallpox, pertussis. We don't deal with these diseases anymore because MOST people get their kids vaccinated.

I personally think it's irresponsible to leave children at the mercy of these crippling and killing diseases, when there is a simple prevention available.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

Very well said. I think smoking or drinking would make more sense of the cause. Who knows maybe its deodorant. I stopped using deodorants containing aluminum.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
The Amish aren't too keen on taking their children to doctors, either. Perhaps their children have autism and nobody knows it.

I was going to say the exact thing. Are the Amish children simply underdiagnosed?

The anti vaccine crowd fails to ever mention is that:

1) The criteria for autism changed dramtically thus encompasing scores of previously undiagnosed children
2) Countries that did not use the Thimerisol did not see any reduction in autism rates.
3) As a poster noted abve, military children are vaccinated above and beyond what most children would ever recieve yet where is all the literature showing HUGE spikes in that demographic?

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by uberarcanist

I was going to say the exact thing. Are the Amish children simply underdiagnosed?

The anti vaccine crowd fails to ever mention is that:

1) The criteria for autism changed dramtically thus encompasing scores of previously undiagnosed children
2) Countries that did not use the Thimerisol did not see any reduction in autism rates.
3) As a poster noted abve, military children are vaccinated above and beyond what most children would ever recieve yet where is all the literature showing HUGE spikes in that demographic?

But there are Amish who do use doctors if need be.

It may not be the thermisol that is causing the problem. Adn just because a child receives more vaccines then others doesn't prove anything, especially if it may end up being one vaccine that is the culprit.

And there are doctors who are the pharmaceutical grunts who are not going to report issues if there are any.

A mother in my birth club found her daughter throwing up, paralized, adn having cuonvulsions. She was 1 and reverted to a newborn adn a year later is still being rehabilitated. Ends up she had lesions on the brain.

Many doctors and 10 months later, and constant pursuit for an answer, finally got a doctor to SORT of admit, that it may have been the MMR vaccine she recieved before.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

True, but the overall attitude is one of aversion to physicians, perhaps more because of financial needs than because of religious beliefs. The Amish do not carry private insurance, there is a kind of informal insurance plan by the Amish for the Amish, but it is only designed to insure for catastrophic medical needs. Mental health needs are usually getting the short end of the stick, this is more so true among those without the financial means to pay for medical care.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The Amish are not completely averse to vaccination. Several decades ago, they did accept the polio vaccine because they decided that it was more important to not spread it to others, and they figured God would understand.
There was an article in Science News just this morning that talked about how plastics are causing the high rates of diabetes and, impaired immunity, diminished sperm production and cancer. It's an excellent science journal and the article referenced JAMA and other very reputable science journals. In this article. It makes alot of sense to me.

Now when you consider that the Amish don't use microwave ovens and probably don't use much plasticware, that's what may well be the reason for hardly any autism among the Amish.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

The article says that a gene MAY point to autism. But there is nothing specific there. Children with autism can have seizures, or children can have just seizures. But children having seizures don't always have autism.

And the article refutes your point since it seems that many medical/science communities study the Mennonites, Amish, and secular Jews just for the reasons described, because they live a simpler secluded life.

So if these groups can study the Amish to determine if they are having seizures, and even determine that it is a caused by a gene. Then they can determine if they have autism.

While the Amish prefer a simpler, reserved existence, they don't live in a complete bubble anymore. And are increasingly becoming modernized. Many are fascinated with planes and transportation, and have a better understanding of politics and know what is going on better then the rest of America.
If you speak to people who live around Amish, they find ways around things. Yes, they can't OWN technology, technically. So what they do is buy a cell phone for a coworker, and use it only at work, and give it back to the coworker at the end of the day when they are done.
(hee kinda ruins your image doesn't it?)

The Amish no longer survive in a vacuum. And considering their appetite for outside politics, they are going to hear about autism and possibly seek medical attention if need be.

[edit on 4-10-2007 by nixie_nox]

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   

And the article refutes your point since it seems that many medical/science communities study the Mennonites, Amish, and secular Jews just for the reasons described, because they live a simpler secluded life.

I have a little experience with this matter, if I may....
I can't speak about the other groups, but the Amish have their own doctors. These people have never been to med school and aren't certified by any government agency.
They receive a "calling" usually when quite young. They start their "practice" in their own home and patients come to see them there. The patients pay whatever they can afford and the doctor sticks the money in his pocket without looking at how much it is.
In my own experience, these doctors are amazing! They have you lie down and perform what amounts to a reiki session with you. They feel your energies in your body and attempt to adjust it so you can heal. I personally have been healed of a few things that my normal doctor couldn't fix without surgery. My girlfriend also has some stories to tell about the Amish Doctor.
Needless to say, what they do is illegal and the Amish people want to protect them at all costs. Wouldn't you?
I'm 300% positive that when the Amish people are surveyed they never ever say a word about the Amish Doctor. I know I'd keep it hushed, and I do, I'll never tell who he is. I'm not even Amish.
What I'm getting at is maybe the Amish Doctor heals the Amish autistic kids.

I, for one, believe that they might be able to.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Furnace_Man

If I ever wanted to seek the the services of one of these doctors, how would I go about doing that? I know where the Amish live in my region, should I just ask one of them for a referral?

BTW, I don't think this is illegal-practicing alternative medicine is usually not considered practicing music without a license.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I know for a fact that it would be very difficult for "just anyone" to seek their services. We got lucky because the doctor himself is good friends with my girlfriends dad.
The Amish doctors don't just practice alternative medicine, they'll fix cuts and bruises also. I'm not sure how far they will go though.
There have been cases ,I think it was on 60 minutes, where a reporter got in with a hidden camera in an attempt to shut them down. I don't remember how that all went.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join