It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From 219 to 185 without working out..? Wanna know how take a read

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Guys back in April I found out I had Diabeties and was borderline type 1 - type 2 and my doctor wanted to put me on injections right away. I refused... I told my doctor that this was something I could do without medication. So he made a bet with me he gave me untill the end of the year to drop from 219 down to 185. If I did it he would not put me on injections and if not then I would be sticking myself and I'm not about sticking myself with needles.

Now this is how I did it guys.
First and fore most I HATE working out..I worked out most of my life from 14 untill after college. I played corner @ University of Arizona 91'-94' And I always had a fitness coach stand over me to do my work outs that's how bad I hated it. So after college I stopped period didn't pick up another weight and I went from 193 to 225-220ish thats about 23-25lbs over a ten year period I'm 35 now.
So now understand I have always been semi lean but I noticed after college I have traced back where the weight came from...And I am here to tell you that just as I thought it came from drinking sodas. I use to drink 1-3 12oz cokes a day. Along with Red Bull and other sugar crap.
So the day I found out I was diabetic I walked out of that office and went straight to my lab and tossed every Coke in my refrig. I stopped cold turkey. From the time I stopped on April 5th till today 6 months I have not intaked one coke or soda...Only water and even a beer or two here and there and green tea. AND only walking 2 miles a week 1 one Monday 1 on Friday. I eat oatmeal every morning and have a sandwich on whole wheat for lunch and I eat what ever for dinner. I am now 180 guys..I did it by STOPPING FAST FOOD INTAKE and SODAS. Thats it! I swear I'm not saying this would work for everyone but if you feel a bit sluggish try NOT drinking soda and eating fast food for one week. You will feel your body withdrawing from the sugar I swear once you get through that you will not want fast food or sugars like that again. Just try it for one month you will feel so much better.
My doctor is amazed that I beat this by myself with no medication and just by adjusting my diet not a full blown diet just an adjustment. And you can to!

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I just went from 300lbs in november to 220lbs now, with little to no working out at all. Its portion control, and dont eat after 8 p.m.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigjely
I just went from 300lbs in november to 220lbs now, with little to no working out at all. Its portion control, and dont eat after 8 p.m.

Thats GREAT! Keep it up man!

new topics

join