It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK, so I just found out I'm an Indigo child and maybe a Light Warrior! Plus another theory on 2012

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Thanks for the posts guys!

Just to add some more, I think that we all are here for a purpose.
Be it as an Indigo or Crystal child or Starchild or even just an individual. Whether you choose to discover yourself is upto you. But you can't find yourself in books or other people. Although it does help alot to talk to others and research the topics, I was told meditation will help you find yourself. And then you will know what you must do. Everyone is special and hopefully you will learn that one day.

Light and love to us all

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

your question is hard to read but i will do my best. and remember i speak for myself but i'm pretty sure that all indigos probably feel this way.

we do not have a belief system. we listen for our messages from guides. we don't audibly hear it. in my case, i "feel" it. its the only way i can describe it. when we get too involved in any religion we lose a part of our enlightenment. we do lean towards religion because we are wanting answers to what is happening to us but these things can not give us answers. the answers are inside of us. they must be unlocked before they can come out.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil
a question i have is if indigos feel they are here for the good of humanity or a light warrior, where do your beliefs for good and evil then?

god?
zeus?
krishna?
some other entity? just curious to knowas to where or what beliefs most hold who claim indigo...

Thanks for the question, I'll answer as best I can.

I don't follow any specific religion and don't really believe in God in the way that most religions do. I do however believe in various "higher beings that derive from higher dimensions and that when this shift in conciousness occurs, we will be made aware of them.
I think the same answer applies to Zeus and Krishna.
And I believe that should explain about entities aswell but then that is my own personnel beliefs, I don't expect everyone or even perhaps anyone to share those with me.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Thats nice. That and $4.95 might buy you a latte grande at starbucks.

Indigo children here to save humanity ROTFLMAO!!!

Don't you know the whole idea of indigo children was cooked up as a ploy to sell some new age books?

[edit on 1-10-2007 by grover]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by stellawayten

your question is hard to read but i will do my best. and remember i speak for myself but i'm pretty sure that all indigos probably feel this way.

we do not have a belief system. we listen for our messages from guides. we don't audibly hear it. in my case, i "feel" it. its the only way i can describe it. when we get too involved in any religion we lose a part of our enlightenment. we do lean towards religion because we are wanting answers to what is happening to us but these things can not give us answers. the answers are inside of us. they must be unlocked before they can come out.

That sounds very relevant, I think I would share alot of similarities with that.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Thats nice. That and $4.95 might buy you a latte grande at starbucks.

Indigo children here to save humanity ROTFLMAO!!!

Don't you know the whole idea of indigo children was cooked up as a ploy to sell some new age books?

[edit on 1-10-2007 by grover]

Thanks for the input, yes I'm aware of that, but shall I call myself, "a chap who has felt different all his life and knows he must have to do something even since he was very young. He has a complex mind and is aware of other dimensional beings and in more ways than other, has a vast understanding of the "real" world"?
I think the term "Indigo" is merely what we use to call the similarities we share. Why is Christianity called Christianity? It could very well be the same story, but they choose to believe it, and although I don't, I understand that most people believe in something and I am no different, but my beliefs are.
Tell me, are you religious? If so, which religion do you follow?

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOmen

very well put. i applaud this post. it is exactly what i have been trying to explain. who cares where the term came from. it helps us to recognize each other and now we don't feel so alone.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Exactly! I feel like people just want any excuse to try and "have a go" or something.
As we said, it is merely a title and just a title. It simply expresses the way we feel so please steer clear of that subject in future please everyone.
Many thanks Guys.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
There is only one so-called "Indigo Child" and he is an immortal, born with great psychic abilities. For 10,000 years he has walked the Earth and has quietly guided us through our darkest times. He will continue to do so for many more millennium to come.

It is told that in the grim darkness of the far future, he will save humanity from destruction and become the Emperor of Mankind!

Emperor of Mankind

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
[joke] Do "Indigo Children" resonate at 435.833 nm?[/joke]

Now, being serious.

"I want to be a non-conformist, just like everyone else." -Banksy

I've read about "Indigo Children" on and off during my on-and-off residency at ATS. To be honest, I couldn't fully stomach it when I started (I was 15 at the time), and I find myself to be far less patient with the subject now. That to say, if any of you that claim to be "Indigos" would probably classify me as an "Indigo" for many reasons.

I am a double major: Art/Philosophy (the creative streak seen in many "Indigos" matched with the deep empathy to mankind and the need to dream and theorize). I'm currently working on publishing a fictional novel geared towards the upcoming generation, as well as being noticed on a state-level with my short stories and poetry, and was asked by my current Lit professor to put together a book on my early works to show to his agent. I play the piano, guitar and flute. I compose and write music, and I taught myself how to play the piano and guitar when I was 14, and have been developing my music skills since then. I have won many regional, state and a few National art shows, as well as being a leader in my community to spread the arts and "channeling the inner human sprit" through them by starting clubs and group meetings. ("Indigos" are leaders.) I was mildly rebellious and took spins on many school assignments/projects and redid them to suit my own ideas. I've done my share of bad things during my early teen years. I also scored high enough on my SAT's and ranked high enough in my school that the NJAA is paying for my college (to whatever school I was accepted into) all-expense paid. ("Indigos" are smart, you did say that.) I'm fairly anti-social, except I am well-liked in my community and hardly find anyone that I truly dislike. (Why are "Indigos" anti-social anyway? You think it would be the opposite.) I have a knack for reading people very well, and being able to help people out with problems I've never experianced, and love doing it.

Anyway, I've gone off on a tangent. What I'm trying to say is that just because I might have characteristics of an "Indigo", I don't think I am. I've just tapped into my abilities and pushed myself to do more. I do what I do for myself. In short: I love who I am and I love what I do. I made myself this way, not because I'm part of some super elite race of Humans.

My point is that anyone can say they're "Indigos". I have a deep empathy to the human condition. I think you're underestimating your fellow man. It's unintentional, but to me it seems as though some people who think that they are "Indigos" feel like the rest of man is unable to relate to them*. Mankind has been dreaming and theorizing on the meaning of life since day one. People see things in dreams and fight evil. Unexplained mysteries happen on a daily basis. "Indigos" fail to realize that they have the same purpose that the rest of us do: To be the best we can be. Some of us just shun this philosophy. Some of us are happy working an office job, why berate that? Without them you wouldn't have many modern social necessities you use on a daily basis. Not everyone is meant to "be the light bearer" and start some crazy revolution (Not that we couldn’t use a change). Imagine if everyone sat around and "read auras" all day talking about the meaning of life. We're humans, we work on a "hive-system", we're interdependent. Man is not meant to be some sort of "island" whose mission is to further better society. That should be all of our missions, IMHO.

Anyway, I find it kind of interesting that the youth has adopted many aspects of Hinduism & Buddhism and relabeled it into a culture trend (Though, the term developed before this ignorant mindset became a plague among the youth)

I also wanted to ask: Why do you think Slayer and other metal bands are unique and different? I couldn't even tell you how many kids listen to those sorts of bands in the US, they're common pop culture references. Bands do not make you "Indigo". This sounds silly to me. Sorry if this sounds rude.

Sorry for all the "quoted" words, but they're debatable terms.

*Note: (relates to * in above paragraph) It's impossible for man to fully understand others. Anyone can learn to read people, it just takes practice. Anyone can become wise. But no one can ever truly relate to another person, so we all deal with this problem.

Edit: forgot the note.

[edit on 1-10-2007 by DarkFlame]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thorgor

Whether you're being serious or not, please don't use fictional characters from the game "warhammer", this is a serious topic.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Just because someone made a game of the Emperor of Mankind doesn't mean it's not true, just like someone wrote money making books about your "Indio Child" doesn't make your views false.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOmen
reply to post by thorgor

Whether you're being serious or not, please don't use fictional characters from the game "warhammer", this is a serious topic.

Hello Omen,
I am joining the post late in the game, however thank you for your interesting thoughts on this topic. I research related topics to this phenomenon you call indigo. Maybe you can help me to better understand what your experience is. My first question would be a connection between hyperactivity in early years and indigo. Could you say you have been a hyperactive child? (your mum would know)
The second question is regarding conicidences in you life. Did you experience coincidences in your live that where profound and changed your direction in life completly. In looking back to those "coincident" events, can you draw a clean cut logig to it, why this had to happen?

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   

My personal belief is not one of any 'religion'. I think what God really is something so infinite and grand to use the label "God" would be an insult, but so simple and pure that it can be found in a blade of grass. That spark of life that enables the grass to grow and produce offspring. That which keeps our hearts beating. The source of all, and all at the same time. I think 'God' is male and female at the same time. The male aspect being the creative, imaginative force, and the female aspect is the manifestation of that creative imagination. The computer screen you look at is the female aspect of 'God', while the male aspect is that which holds the atoms together and the essence of everything. If you close your eyes and just listen and feel, it is everywhere permeating everything. Every breath you take fills your body with that sublime essence, and every beat of your heart verifies that intimate connection with the source of creation.
There have been times when I felt like I was at the end of it all and could do more, with tears in my eyes and rage in my heart I screamed to heavens "What do you want with me? What do I do now?" Completely lost and begging for direction a shooting star traversed the entire sky at that same instant. Some of you will say coincidence, and concur that two events coinciding means absolutely nothing at all. To you I say, open your heart my brother. Just take a minute, to stop, reflect, and just pretend you know that you are one with all of creation, and just see how it feels. Everything is connected, all matter, all energy, people, animals, aliens, we are all the same, only different. We are of 'God', but not 'God'. We are that essence of creation manifested on this plane of vibration.
Sorry for the spiritual rant you guys, This is just how I see things.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkFlame

The difference between being an indigo and a prodigy is that someone has to tell you that you are a prodigy.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Viszet Oki

im not trying to put the whole indigo thing down, just want to understand more, i dont think its a new phenomina? (sp) but it just has been made more apparent.

there is nothing new under the sun

maybe with all the knowledge we have and advancements people are trying to find connections and a sense of belonging or acceptance I guess

My only motto is "expect the best, accept the worst" everything else is life happening wether it be past present future

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
TheOmen

my grandfather told me couple years ago: The chosen child never goes off and tells everyone that he's the one, he is already above this stage.

but what you're doing just the same thing cults or religions around the world are trying to do.. advertise themselves ((

if it is popular it must be true.. no, i'm thankful for that )

truth is what we believe is true not the others

those weakest follow the strongest cause the don't have it - own strong opinion
the strongest find their own way

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

I never said anything about being a prodigy.
But since you've said it, I think prodigys know that they are smart/talented/special. I've said nothing of that, just pointing out reasons why I might be marked as "Indigo" by all the lovey sites that profiled traits of "Indigo Children". I don't know where you came up with this.

People have the potential to be good at anything, its a state of mind.

I also think that these profiles of "Indigo Children" are far too vegue and apply to everyone at some point in time. This is what I was trying to prove, and I think you thought I was being self-centered. The "requirements" for being "Indigo" are too general, which is why I don't think the argument is solid.

As to "seeing spirits" ect, the human mind is an amazing, beautiful thing that sometimes misfires, and you think you see or hear or experiance things that aren't really there. I want to believe in things like ghosts and mind reading and "Indigo Children", but concrete evidence is lacking.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Like I've said before, I just found out about the 'whole Indigo thing', but man do I connect with it. Not that I feel I am better or special, but it's more like "Holy freaking crap man, I'm not alone!!!"

Perhaps the term 'indigo' has something to do with vibrations. In a spectrum, indigo is light at a higher vibrational rate. Perhaps 'indigo' people vibrate spiritually at a higher vibrational rate making it easier to connect to those things vibrating out of reach of our normal perceptions. Also in the Qabalah, Indigo is the color of the sphere of Yesod which is representative of the next level of vibration than that of the material world. The astral world if you will. The color electric indigo symbolically represents the chakra of the third eye, which also is associated with a connection to higher states of vibration.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOmen

i also just noticed the title states indigo child and maybe a light warrior

so are there 2 different types altogether?

what as a light warrior do you feel? to help humanity?
what as an indigo child do you feel? you are different and special?

maybe princess di was a light warrior and mother theresa too
to me indigos are more like gifted in ways humans havent beeen able to produce on their own, like supernaturally

im just wanting to understand more as i havent gone down this path in research

[edit on 1-10-2007 by MurderCityDevil]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join