It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grass found growing on baby’s lung

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
from article:
"Chinese surgeons who operated on a baby girl with breathing problems were amazed to find grass growing on her lung. The 10-month baby girl, from Zhoukou city, was initially diagnosed with pneumonia but the symptoms didn’t improve after several days of treatment."

source:
www.dailytimes.com.pk...

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Wow grass growing inside the human body? I don't really pay attention to the medical world but this is something i have never heard of before!

Crazy stuff!

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I never heard of grass being able to grow in lungs before.

But I'm a mold remediation contractor and have learned that mold can grow in your lungs and your sinus cavities.

Source

INFECTIOUS MOLDS

According to a Mayo clinic study, sinusitis caused by growth of fungus fibers or balls of fungus fibers in the sinus cavities is not unusual. This is typically caused by common Aspergillus, Fusarium, and Curvularia species. Aspergillosis caused by the growth of aspergillus species in the lungs most commonly A.fumigatus, A. flavus, A. Niger and A. territus species typically occurs in persons with compromised immune systems or a history of lung disease that resulted in past lung damage.

Nearly any fungi can cause infections in persons with severely compromised immune systems.

What Aspergillus does when it grows in human sinus cavities and lungs (Aspergillosis) is that it fills the empty spaces, it is dark and damp in these places, just what mold likes.

Aspergillosis - Centers for Disease Control

Aspergillosis - Wikipedia

A fungus ball in the lungs may cause no symptoms and may be discovered only with a chest x-ray. Or it may cause repeated coughing up of blood and—rarely—severe, even fatal, bleeding. A rapidly invasive Aspergillus infection in the lungs often causes cough, fever, chest pain, and difficulty breathing.

[edit on 27/9/07 by Keyhole]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
thanks for that bit of information, keyhole

i have heard a little bit about mold growing inside the lungs but never grass!

i wonder if she was coughing it up cause it wasn't getting mowed and thats how they found out there was grass growing in her chest

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
You never know what your goign to see next eh?

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I'm very skeptical about the veracity of this... grass needs light to grow. It would be impossible for grass to grow inside a lung. Maybe an inhaled seed could begin germinating but it would quickly die and end up being coughed up I would think.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
^you could be on to something...

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
IMHO, article is pointless without any videos or pictures.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a picture would have certainly been nice

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by djohnsto77

I couldn't agree with you more about that. I find it unlikely that grass would grown in darkness, it can't. Mold yes, grass no.

new topics

top topics

join