It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parallel universes really do exist, according to a mathematical discovery

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H

NOW im going to blow your minds ..............what if "me" is "You" and "you" are "me" and "we" are "we" and "we" know about "you" and "you" know about "me"?

I would think that this sort of thing could happen only if the addressor and the addressee were in different parallel universes. And I don't think that the theory allows cross-dimensional communications.

so inconclusion what if my other "me's" know about me and are makeing decisions knowing they affect "me"..........now here is the hard part what if the other me's are makeing bad decisions knowing they are going to affect me and mess me up on purpose, would i really do that to "me"?

The way that I understand the parallel universes idea is that every possible version of you will exist in some universe or another. Therefore it would be pointless to make decisions based upon how "your" decision might affect an "alternate-you" because every other possible "alternate-you" always already exists in some other universe.

But I could be wrong.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
In my estimation, the real benefit of parallel universes is not in present accessibility but in eventually being able to venture into the past.

Einsteinian theory states that a physical object cannot be made to travel at the speed of light, when time stands still. To travel into the past one must be able to go beyond the speed of light. Accordingly, that is impossible in the physical sense.

But that does not mean that it cannot be done in other ways that are beyond current scientific understanding.

To be able to time travel into a universe that is identical yet parallel to this one and to do so without changing or effecting this, the original time-line, one iota.

That is the future practical application of parallel universe awareness.

Actually we understand quite well how time travel could be accomplished here is an excellent link to an excellent docu featuring Michio Kaku and Frank Tippler who discovered that with the Tippler cylnder you could travel back in time

video.google.com...

highly entertaining documentary

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Well I hope each version of "us" is independent enough to have its own soul, because this level of multitasking would be too much. Its no freaking wonder our nerves have hit the roof the last while.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Recently scientists created a micro black hole using bose einstein condensate but they say its ok because it will take a million years to consume the earth (only shortening its lifespan by 2 or 3 billion years), now they are about to start colliding atoms at the LHC which will probably create a million black holes a year, the scientists say its ok because most of them will fly off into space, and now some say every time that I make a decision the opposite decision is played out in another dimension...well what can I say....are scientist required to take any sanity tests before they are given a diploma?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Look, mathematics is a powerful tool, but when you start making equations with theorized constants and variables doesn't make it FACT.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
This fascinating concept was also found in ancient Hindu mythology, in texts such as the Puranas, which expressed an infinite number of universes, each with its own gods.

What did Carl Sagan say about this?

The Hindu concept is very clear. Here is a great world culture which has always talked about billions of years. The many billion year time-scale of Hindu cosmology is not the entire history of the universe, but just the day and night of Brahma, and there is the idea of an infinite cycle of births and deaths and an infinite number of universes, each with its own gods.

And this is a very grand idea. Whether it is true or not, is not yet clear. But it makes the pulse quicken, and we thought it was a good way to approach the subject.

Dr Michio Kaku who was interviewed on the ATS mix recently, had also mentioned the possibility of multiverses. A fascinating concept that boggles the mind. But whether we exist in other parallel universes begs the question of where or who amongst us has the soul?
Or do all ourselves have the same soul in different dimensions?

Excellent thread!

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Is this a two worlds theory cause people have been taking about
heaven for a long time and that must be shown in this math.

Hell would be another world then.

People hardly know what is going on in this world and has so many
confused people that some say they are Atheists just to take out other
world talk from talking about earthly problems.

Now miracles are unearthly or some unknown occurrence to experts.

Just how much is earth bound that need not be unknown is a problem.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
can a parallel universe be something that here you want your life to be, etc diffrent job, or school, friends ?

is there any proof of these universes ?

can you get into your own parallel universe ?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrappedSoul
I don't believe this for a second, it's actually very unrealistic. And I don't care if some "top scientists" is saying this, they are wrong! And I know it.

And isn't the energy needed to create a whole new universe quite big?
I can say one thing, math can't explain everything... If it does then I'll create a stupid math formula which says that the universe is actually a hotdog.

It's true that mathematics isn't always correct, for example there was a formula that proved invisibility was impossible, yet the principle of invisibility was proven a few years ago.

However, mathematics does quite a decent job of explaining reality. If it didn't, many technologies we possess today wouldn't work.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Sunsetspawn

That just blew my mind. Thank you very much for the brain candy.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
can you get into your own parallel universe ?

Yes you can.. Check out the last posts in this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join