It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do Moderates stand on the Iraq war ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
In terms of the Iraq war there is only hardened or some might consider extreme views. Some want coalition troops withdrawn from the country right away despite the success of the troop surge which really does seem to be a form of defeatism. The other extreme seems to be those who think that the coalition should remain in Iraq forever and those people also ignore that the country is being turned over to the local security forces who often have ties with the enemy.

So Moderates speak out what is your stance on the Iraq war ?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Moderates dont stand anywhere dude. They ride the fence so as not to offend anyone. They have no opinion. They waffle so much internally that they can't bring themselves to decide anything IMO.

I'm just saying, don't hold your breath for real moderates to have an answer for you. The best you'll get are a load of replys from lefties and righties that want to be seen as moderate.

In fact, I think the word, "moderate," has been developed by the media to influence the majority peoples view with a sence that we can come together by compromising our heart felt and reasonable opinions about policy with a misrepresented segment of people in a greater minority then then the media would like.

If you have 10 people in a room and 9 agree on something that 1 does not- all that one person has to do is offer a "moderate" "solution" that gets the 9 people to give up more towards that persons point.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I have a simple stance...

On war... I don't want American troops to engage in any action that "we" (the "we" being the government backed by the citizenry of this "great" country) aren't willing to win. Since we haven't been willing to "win" a war since WW II, I think it's time for us to withdraw for Iraq, and Afghanistan.

Perhaps in the ensuing hardship someone will find America's spine, dust it off, and reinstall it. Until then, I'll prefer to masquerade as the French.

Moderate Monkeys, not just for sitting this one out anymore...

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I think it's a two way street here. I always have.

I personally believe that it is a good thing, freedom is a good thing, which is what they're trying to bring to the middle east, but it isn't any "America saves the world movie"

To think this all started with a hunt for Osama, it really hasn't turned out well has it? He is still out there, getting people to join the Al Qaeda, You could say it;s gone off track. By a country or soon to be possibly two.

I could say more, but I don't think it's my place to rant here.

new topics

top topics

join