It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel to Syria: we'll wipe you off map

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Israeli officials vowed to wipe Syria off the map if it is attacked with chemical weapons like one that reportedly exploded in July at a secret Syrian base staffed with Iranian engineers.

Politicians in Israel said yesterday they were not picking a fight with their neighbor, but pledged to forcefully retaliate if chemical warheads come screaming across its shared border.

"We will not attack them first. But if they ever use these weapons against Israel, then we must be clear — it will be the end of this evil and brutal dictatorship," Yuval Steinitz, a right-wing member of the Israeli parliament, told the Daily News yesterday.Source

Now Israel has used the same rethoric as Iranian president Ahmadinejad has used according to US and Israeli propaganda.

Off topic to clear up the minds of those that cannot recall what has been said:

Juan Cole, a University of Michigan Professor of Modern Middle East and South Asian History, translates the Persian phrase as:

The Imam said that this regime occupying Jerusalem (een rezhim-e eshghalgar-e qods) must [vanish from] the page of time (bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad).[10]

According to Cole, "Ahmadinejad did not say he was going to 'wipe Israel off the map' because no such idiom exists in Persian" and "He did say he hoped its regime, i.e., a Jewish-Zionist state occupying Jerusalem, would collapse.

The radicals here on ATS and in general who have been urging for a war with Iran because of this claim assumably also support an attack on Israel by any country.

Both countries use this rhetoric and fail to co-operate with the IAEA, as a matter of fact Israel does not co-operate at all.

It turns out that there's little difference between these countries.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   
The instability in this region is quite worrying. Israel are nuclear capable and now i think they are really beginning to loose their patience.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I'm actually having a tough time coming up with something to say... write a little bit, delete. Write a little bit, delete.

[rant]
The double standards that run amok from Israel, with the support of the US Administration... piss me off.

The people of the US need to slap Uncle Sam upside the head, and someone needs to hold Israel accountable... we can't fight a war on terrorism, let alone criticize terrorists, when the "founder" of the wot and it's closest ally are the two biggest hypocrites on the planet.

:shk:

[/rant]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
To use the line of reasoning many here espouse- The Israelis didn't really mean wipe Syria off the map literally, but rather they just wanted to erase the current leadership from history, which is a totally different meaning.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja
To use the line of reasoning many here espouse- The Israelis didn't really mean wipe Syria off the map literally, but rather they just wanted to erase the current leadership from history, which is a totally different meaning.

Yes because the Grand Wizards of the Israeli government are kept awake at night hoping and praying that all the little Syrian boys and girls are happy and in good health.

There is a reason Israel won't tell the world how many nuclear/biological/chemical weapons it has. That reason being it wants to surprise us. I think such a surprise is not far off.

[edit on 13/09/07 by Subcomandante]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
For those not familiar with the text, the Hebrew Scriptures contain an unfulfilled prophecy about the complete irradication of Damascus. The commentary on the passage has always led one to imagine nuclear annihilation of Damascus.

There has been an active element in Israel and among US American Evangelicals that wants to be a part of fulfilling that prophecy.

All in all it is a far more dangerous situation than most realise, but as my neighbour says, 'Everyone in the US is asleep except for those who are up to mischief.' I have earnestly prayed that he is very, very wrong in his estimation.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Wouldn't nukeing a country so close to you be kind of stupid, I mean with the prevailing winds and the fallout and all?

Peace

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Wouldn't nukeing a country so close to you be kind of stupid, I mean with the prevailing winds and the fallout and all?

Peace

if they are following propercy

God will ensure that the radioactive wind flows by them not through them

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
While I am no fan of Israel, if the Syrians were to launch an attack with WMD's against Israeli civilian population centers, the Israelis would have every right to respond in kind, horrible as it might be.

Of course the reverse is also true - if the Israelis went berserk and nuked Damascus, it'd be open season on Tel Aviv

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I wonder what the rest of the ME will do if the Israelis launch an attack like this?

Maybe wage a full scale war?

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
One shouldn'd lend credence to Israeli propaganda.

It's recognized for what it is the world over except in America.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
Now Israel has used the same rethoric as Iranian president Ahmadinejad has used according to US and Israeli propaganda.

Actually it is not the same rhetoric. There is a distinct difference between what Ahmadinejad and what Israel said.

Ahmadinejad said, to paraphrase, that the Zionist regime must be eliminated -- without provocation. Whereas Israel has stated that Syria's regime will be eliminated IF Israel is attacked.

There is a distinct difference. If nothing else, Ahmadinejad's statement was provocative. Israel's statement is a clear warning.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Syrians are a hundred times more peaceful than Israelis and attacking israel is like attacking the US. No one would initiate suchaggression.

However, if Israel provokes Syria to attack, expect them to retaliate with he full support of Russians. And this could turn very nasty indeed.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I have said it before and I will say it again, that whole region is nothing but trouble. Has there ever been anything of any benefit to ever come from that particular region, Israel included?

[edit on 11-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant

Actually it is not the same rhetoric. There is a distinct difference between what Ahmadinejad and what Israel said.

Ahmadinejad said, to paraphrase, that the Zionist regime must be eliminated -- without provocation. Whereas Israel has stated that Syria's regime will be eliminated IF Israel is attacked.

There is a distinct difference. If nothing else, Ahmadinejad's statement was provocative. Israel's statement is a clear warning.

Unfortunately, I do not speak Persian, however Professor Cole does ...
According to Cole, "Ahmadinejad did not say he was going to 'wipe Israel off the map' because no such idiom exists in Persian" and "He did say he hoped its regime, i.e., a Jewish-Zionist state occupying Jerusalem, would collapse.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Not even close.

1 - The Iranian PRESIDENT said that it would wipe Israel off the face of the map. Not some officials like with Israel .. but the PRESIDENT.

2 - Iran said it would do so, but didn't say 'If Israel attacks us ...' Iran said it would do it without provocation. (later they added provocation, but the first few times it was said - no provocation was needed).

3 - It's not 'propaganda'. It's the truth. The Iranian nut-job leader said it.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Israel is a criminal country and should be disbanded. That's the only solution. It would also extinguish the major source of antiamerican terrorism.

JSR

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ergoli

im just curious. how would you suggest this "disbanding" of "Israel", not the Zionist, but "Israel" take place? and why is this the "only" solution.

on your second point. would all of those who hate America suddenly forgive and forget and choose to be peaceful with America if Israel was gone? I can not see how you would assume that. it seems to me, the people of that region hold a long memory, and carry grudges for generations.

could you elaborate?

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Not even close.

1 - The Iranian PRESIDENT said that it would wipe Israel off the face of the map. Not some officials like with Israel .. but the PRESIDENT.

They said they would wipe off the Zionist regime, not Israel. The Iranian president has no true power, like this official. The Ayatollahs do.

2 - Iran said it would do so, but didn't say 'If Israel attacks us ...' Iran said it would do it without provocation. (later they added provocation, but the first few times it was said - no provocation was needed).

Wrong again:

According to Juan Cole, a University of Michigan Professor of Modern Middle East and South Asian History, Ahmadinejad's statement should be translated as:

The Imam said that this regime occupying Jerusalem (een rezhim-e eshghalgar-e qods) must [vanish from] the page of time (bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad)

Source

3 - It's not 'propaganda'. It's the truth. The Iranian nut-job leader said it.

Just continue to watch Faux news, after all they broadcast plenty of pro-Israeli propaganda.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Awh, just as hitler tried with the Jews. Is it not funny hearing Isreal bang on about that and with the other cheek threaten to wipe another nation of the earth. Oh and Sorry Americans, your tax dollars are paying for that. So, if your wondering where the missing trillions are, there is your answer.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join