It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God invented to take credit for our miracles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I posted this idea in another thread called "Bible corrupts". That thread is here but I felt that my response was a whole new idea that warranted its own topic of discussion so here it is.

Mods: I felt this was the right forum, but feel free to move this to another forum if necessary.

This topic brings up the idea that religions were created in order to hide the fact that people have more "power" than they realize and God was merely "invented" to take the credit for powerful things that people themselves create.

If anyone has read the book "The Secret" (or watched the movie), it basically states that people have the ability to control what happens in their lives because of the "law of attraction". The things or ideas that you focus on the most and "give power to" attract what happens to you in your life. So if you always worry about not having enough money, you will never have enough money. Whereas if you always "know" that there will be money in your life, the money is always there. Your own nervous system acts as a "transmission tower" and attracts whatever you focus on.

I believe that this is true and people have always had this ability, but the government doesn't want us to know we have this ability because it would give the people more control. So the whole concept of God and religions were created to make people think that "miracles" and such are created by "God" and we should be thankful to him for "answering our prayers".

I personally am very against any type of organized religion and I have never read the bible, but I have been a believer in God all of my life. I have to say that whenever I prayed for something in a certain way, I always got what I asked for. What I mean by that is... instead of asking God to solve a problem for me, I would always ask God to help "me" find the solution to a problem. And when I ask it in the most unselfish way and knowing that I was perfectly willing to put all of my effort into helping myself without expecting "him" to do something "for" me, I always got what I asked for.

This leads me to believe that I really was using the universal "law of attraction" to bring to me what I wanted in my life. The more I think about it, the more I suspect that maybe God doesn't really even exist and maybe I really am more powerful than I've given myself credit for. And maybe we all have that power and not even realizing it because it's been kept a "Secret".

[edit on 15-9-2007 by annestacey]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Its nice to see a post done by you that does not deal with the evils of pharmaceuticals but the law of attraction (which is completely valid imo)

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Here is my take on it all being a Lutheran Christian who has read bible passages and contemplated them. "God" as many people call it, is nothing really more than an idea created to explain things happening that couldn't be explained. It's quite simple, just place your belief in something that can help you make it happen then when something does happen that you "prayed" for you credit to "God". I figured this when I would pray for strength in athletic events, back then it would take my mind off it thinking that somebody would be looking out for me. Now days I don't really believe anymore though.

new topics

join