It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian President Putin Wants NATO to Dissolve

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Putin Wants NATO to Dissolve

www.timesonline.co.uk

President Putin called on the West yesterday to drop its “silly Atlantic solidarity” if it wanted improved relations with Russia.

He accused America and some of the countries of the EU of harbouring outdated Cold War attitudes that led to distrust, particularly on issues such as energy security and trade. Such stereotypical positions were “absolutely inappropriate” in the economic arena, he said, insisting that one source of friction – Russia’s decision to build a pipeline bypassing Poland...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9/15/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
There's not really anything else you can make of "Drop your silly Atlantic solidarity" other than the disbanding of NATO.

It looks like Putin's Russia is upping the ante again and moving us yet closer to another cold war.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9/15/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Nice. Better a cold war with MAD than the skirmishes of today.

Balance. Equilibrium. Yin & Yang.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

I seriously doubt that a return to a situation like the cold war between the U.S. and Russia would help at all. We'd still be a multipolar world with serious threats to world stability popping up all over the place. The bipolar world of the US/USSR is over and will never come back IMO.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by djohnsto77

From a third party perspective, it seemed like the threats only started popping up after the US was left sole superpower, and began acting like a bully in the yard.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
If Putin's line about "Atlantic solidarity" really is referring to NATO (and I agree it seems like it must), I agree with him. NATO is no longer needed, Americans have been arguing this since the crumbling of the Soviet Union. These days the Europeans have their EU (while granted, their second pillar is still weak) to support each other and we simply don't need anybody's help.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I see nor feel anything in the article suggesting disbanding NATO the ATS headline reads. Seems to me Putin wants to talk specifics re Iranian problems and wants the 'west' to stop pushing pro-democracy SPINs on the Russian government.

Happy to read he does plan to step aside next year for new Russian Presidential Elections. Even if that means a he will play some sort of role in the next government. He's a bit of scary guy w/a KGB heart. As far as NATO, it's an alliance that may change a few players but will remain intact just under the North American Union

Nice find.

Dallas

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I think Putin has been taking too much vodka with his borcht IMHO

Russia/Soviet's (lets face it thats where they are heading) are becoming increasingly agressive and bombastic, and they want us to disband alliances

Ask old Nevil C. about how that worked out with Hitler. "peace in our time" ring a bell.

Both the bear and the Dragon have to be watched very very closely.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Some interesting quotes from the linked article, to give more insight:

He also warned the West to stop giving Russia blanket lectures on democracy. “We will participate in any debate with our partners, but, if they want us to do something, they must be specific. If they want us to resolve Kosovo, let’s talk Kosovo. If they are worried about nuclear programmes in Iran, let’s talk about Iran, rather than talking about democracy in Russia.”

Neither would he take lectures over Russia imposing higher gas charges on Ukraine after years of Western preaching about the need for market prices. “If the West wants to support the Orange movement, let them pay for it. Do you think we are idiots?”

At the same time, he sounded a more conciliatory note, saying: “We in Russia and you in Europe and the United States should be more patient. We should not be faultfinding in our relations and we should look for positive things. We should engage in friendly relations and support each other.”

I agree completely with him. Putin is a smart man.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Sounds like with the hiring of the anti-rothschild premire , and now the calling for dismantling the NATO, Putin is trying to avoid the lucifer microchip system that threatens Russia. I don't blame him at all.Its obvious the globalists want to eat Russia as well as China in the long run.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHumana

Im with you.I dont feel NATO is needed anymore and unfocused as an organisation.But i dont think thats why comrad putnin hopes for its disbanding.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
lol, Nato is just a childish exclusion club.

If Putin was really out for vengeance he could easily roll over most of europe before Nato even manages to have their first counsil on what to do about it.

Clearly it's not a war Putin is after.

I don't understand why so many people bash him anyways. He resolved the problem with North Korea's nuclear program FOR you. No war, no threats, just a simple trade deal. Thats all it took.

Yet, the US on the other hand was pushing threats of military actions, trade lockdowns... in the case of Iraq, they invaded and occupied, with WMD's as merely an excuse...

who is Russia invading?

Ask yourself that and figure out who's more level headed.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky

who is Russia invading?

They invaded Chechnya. But then they couldn't afford to invade since Afghanistan.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
That was 1994... I was referring to the CURRENT world theatre.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   

That was 1994... I was referring to the CURRENT world theatre.

What about the one in 1999? When they invaded again?

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dntwastetime

Yep, I agree. Russia is in the process of chucking the world bankers, the next few years should be interesting.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

He resolved the problem with North Korea's nuclear program FOR you. No war, no threats, just a simple trade deal. Thats all it took.

That was very easy since North Korea doesn't have nukes anyway. That "nuke test" was nothing more than a suitcase nuke from Transnistria, imo. I can't believe they actually fooled the whole world with it...

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I love Putin foreign policies, but I hate him nationally. Mostly for Chechnya and for his repressives actions against the people of Russia.

This reminded me of my political teacher who told me that Russia would join NATO... yeah sure, I knew my college teacher was a retard.

NATO should be disbanded because it is seen as an ever bigger threat to Russia and China that led them to form the SCO... which contains more than half of the world population... If NATO is disbanded however, SCO should be disbanded too.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnskyI don't understand why so many people bash him anyways. He resolved the problem with North Korea's nuclear program FOR you. No war, no threats, just a simple trade deal. Thats all it took.

Yet, the US on the other hand was pushing threats of military actions, trade lockdowns... in the case of Iraq, they invaded and occupied, with WMD's as merely an excuse...

Sorry, but you have it totally backwards. Putin did nothing. It was the threat of sanctions and our military that has held NK in check. Besides, you don't really believe NK is going to end their nuclear program do you? We have been through this before. When NK options have run out they say ok, we will now stop our nuke program. Its to only bide time until we go through this entire scenario again. This is like the 2nd or 3rd time NK said they would dismantle their nuke program.

It sure in the hell aint Putin!! Of course he wants NATO disolved. The commie bastard is on a power trip and does not want anyone standing in his way and a lot of you here on this forum are buying his commie propaganda. Its sad really.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I don't understand why so many people bash him anyways. He resolved the problem with North Korea's nuclear program FOR you. No war, no threats, just a simple trade deal. Thats all it took.

He did? Do you have links for this? I want to add it to my "Putin Research" files.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join