It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry question

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Is there an initiation thing in the Masons,where You are urinated on? A former Manager at a Target store I used to work at was once a Mason. He quit when the initiation that He was going to be doing supposedly involved getting urinated on by Lodge Members. Have Y'all heard anything about this kind of thing?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
LOL holy crap, that has to be the craziest thing I have ever heard.

Sometimes there may be an impression something like that would happen, but it wouldn't.

Masns do NOT pee on each other, and I am suggesting whoever said that is not a Mason (at least not in any jurisdiction I know of!)

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Paradoxically flawed...

Originally posted by BigDaveJr
Is there an initiation thing in the Masons,where You are urinated on? A former Manager at a Target store I used to work at was once a Mason. He quit when the initiation that He was going to be doing supposedly involved getting urinated on by Lodge Members. Have Y'all heard anything about this kind of thing?

If he was a Mason, then he couldn't be getting initiated (because he already would have been), If he was getting initiated, then he couldn't have been s Mason (because it hadn't happened yet).

So which is it?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I think He may have been going for a Higher Degree,It's been over 10 years

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I can say with certainty that noone in my Grand Lodge is going to be peeing on anybody during initiations.

What they do in their own homes on their own time is another story. That I don't know but to each his own I guess.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
From paradoxical...

I think He may have been going for a Higher Degree,It's been over 10 years

To intrinsically flawed. "Higher Degree?" If he was a "Mason" for 10 years then he would be a "Master Mason" or "Third Degree" which is the highest degree there is. Period. If he was seeking initiation in another Masonic body, then it's not really "Freemasonry" which is the Blue Lodge. York Rite, Scottish Rite, the Shrine et al are appendant bodies of Freemasonry, but are not Freemasonry per se. None of those bodies require, sanction, or would tolerate any ritual that involved urinating on anything much less a Candidate. I would surmise that your vague understanding and conveyance of circumstances invalidates any assertion made.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I can confirm the total lack of urination in the degrees that I've taken.

Same with goat riding, beatings, or recitations of HMAS Pinafore.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I had to chuckle to myself when I first read this topic . Do you think your manager was just pulling your leg? I have never been pee'd on during any of my degrees.

Please excuse any spelling errors im kinda sleepy....

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Is there an initiation thing in the Masons,where You are urinated on?

That is absolutely disgusting, and nothing like that occurs in regular Freemasonry. I see two possibilities here:

1). Your manager was pulling your leg; or,
2). He was joining some form of irregular Masonry

My guess would be #1.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This does not happen in masonry as far as I can tell. But according to the movie "the good shepherd" it happens in Skull & Bones. Maybe the manager saw that movie and got inspired to pull your leg.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Exactly Sky.. you beat me to it.. People love to feel like they have inside knowledge and instead of being origional they tend to use a movie or book..

[edit on 9/14/2007 by MikeAtlas]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I guess that would make your manager "pissed off".

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
One source for untrue rumors for any organization in which membership is controlled in some way, is for people who weren't accepted to denigrate it.

Masons have a process of secret ballot for determining whether an applicant will be allowed to join the organization. Usually, if you have more than a couple (some places even one) vote against you, you're not allowed to join.

In the town where I became a mason, several ministers applied, not imagining that those masons perform a "vetting" by interviewing your spouse (if married), etc. Only one minister was accepted. Sure enough, those who were not accepted all became outspoken antagonists against masonry.

When it became known through gossip outside the lodge that they had applied for admission but been turned away, the preachers claimed that "I refused to join because they were going to make me _________."

I think that's where most of the horror stories come from.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
What is a typical reason for non acceptance? What characteristics or qualities of a man would they look at and what would you as Masons say would be the big determining factors in who stays and who doesnt?

I am thinking of trying to join my local lodge but am a bit worried that I will not get approved, for whatever reason. Any advice on how best to gain approval? Thanks in advance for any info.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
you must be of lawful age, well recommended and of good reputation.

if you can satisfy those, and look presentable (and not have a criminal record) there's no obvious reason to be turned down.

Also, it's pretty common to be turned down for having piercings / tattoos (although I don't agree with that).

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
They will reject you for having tattoos? What on earth for?

Well........that pretty much shoots me out of the water from the jump

Perhaps I will join a gang instead.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Most military men have tattoos and half my lodge is military and I see lots of tattoos. As long as your not covered with them. As for piercings if you had a lot, you gotta realize to many older folks that kind of thing is offensive.
As long as you believe in God, have no felonies, it shouldn't be to tough getting in. Your wife will need to approve, Masons believe your family comes first. Masonry is a science of moral and civilized behavior and if you are wanting something other than that you will likely be disapointed.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
I am thinking of trying to join my local lodge but am a bit worried that I will not get approved, for whatever reason. Any advice on how best to gain approval? Thanks in advance for any info.

1. Be honest.
2. Be yourself.

If you're a good guy and the people around you know it, you'll have no problem.

I damn sure wouldn't have the opinions and views I do if I had ever been tinkled on. In fact, I would probably have assault charges on my record.

No peeing in lodge. Honest.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Unfortunately its pretty easy to get in nowdays. Some even have member numbers decreasing and are actively looking for members. thats a truth neither conspiracy-theorists nor freemasons love to hear.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Unfortunately its pretty easy to get in nowdays. Some even have member numbers decreasing and are actively looking for members. thats a truth neither conspiracy-theorists nor freemasons love to hear.

The West Gate certainly isn't guarded as well as it used to be.

I would rather have a lodge of 10 good Brothers who know their stuff than a lodge of 100 that just show up, at any rate.

I would love to sit in Lodge with all the brethren on this forum, together. THAT would be an awesome Lodge.
ATS Lodge #357.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join