It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Aliens will not reveal themselves - Yet

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
If you were an alien being that would happen to come across Earth, you would find a heavily populated planet with a diverse range of life. You would of course study this life to determine if it was intelligent. You would find a semi-intelligent being making strides into space and dominating most environments it inhabits. The problem is that as soon as you show yourself you would be shoot and dissected by this warlike beast. Also, you would find that the fragile civilizations that now exist would collapse into anarchy upon news of intelligent alien life was upon Earth.

Man is truly a primitive beast as compared to any alien that would encounter us. To them, we probably look like Neanderthals looked to us.

Man needs to evolve another step before we can even communicate with these beings. They are probably even at the limits of our comprehension at this point.

The next evolutionary step will be greatly accelerated by either human or alien intervention. There is little doubt that we are currently being studied as more evidence is uncovered. Also, man's medaling with DNA and cloning will also make strides in genetic modifications.

Man will evolve when the brain reaches a point of when it's mental capacity will exceed its need for traditional communication and boundaries. Those will be born into a different world of advanced telepathy at birth.

That will be the time contact will be made, but we are 4-5 generations away at this point. The problem is our war-like tendencies will probably do us in before we ever reach that point.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
shouldn't this be moved to the alien/ufo thread?

sorry for the one liner

[edit on 9/11/2007 by PennKen2009]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Im sure the aliens are pretty freaked out and scared by what they see going on here. They probably figure that if they can remain anonymous then they may as well do so. What would they gain by announcing themselves?

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Yeah. I believe that's really the deal at the moment. The governments know this, too, even though they have plenty of information to support the fact that "other worldy" people are constantly present on or around Earth.

It's just more trouble than it's worth. Why tell anyone?

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Why is this in current events?

Anyways, I don't think we're being visited. I've seen nothing but faked pictures and speculation about it.

Do I think there's life elsewhere in the universe? Of course. Intelligent life? Very possible. But why do we all of a sudden have to assume they'd come here?

Another thing we have to get over to stop these war like tendencies is this arrogant self centered attitude we have. It shows when people say that aliens have visited us and study us. Why? Why would they? Think of all the places to explore in the universe. Think of all the things we know, and multiply that by millions if not infinity. Now put us in perspective with that. Really, how important are we?

What if there's a more interesting, intelligent species out there that the supreme intelligent beings of the universe would rather study?

People who believe aliens visit us see it as there are two intelligent life species in the universe, "aliens", and us. This is more than likely not the case.

I mean, at what point does the possibility that there is intelligent life out there get connected to the possibility that they have the technology to get here? Do we just assume they can get here without any evidence to back it up? Why look for "UFOs" originating from the unknown portions of our universe, rather than considering the possibility that they could be advanced aircraft from the world's military superpowers?

Like I said, I'm sure there is life out there. Intelligent life even. But that doesn't mean jump to conclusions and assume they'd want to come here. I'm sure there's plenty of other wonders in the universe they'd rather see. I know there's plenty I'd rather see.

If anything, if I was an alien, I'd come here just to watch humans blow themselves up. From their perspective, I'm sure that'd be pretty entertaining.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi

Do I think there's life elsewhere in the universe? Of course. Intelligent life? Very possible. But why do we all of a sudden have to assume they'd come here?

I'm certain that some alien life forms visit this planet, but this is a very good question. If you had the technology to go wherever you wanted in the universe, would you come here? I would only if there was a purpose, certainly not for entertainment.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 04:36 AM
link   

I'm certain that some alien life forms visit this planet, but this is a very good question. If you had the technology to go wherever you wanted in the universe, would you come here? I would only if there was a purpose, certainly not for pleasure.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

I'm certain that some alien life forms visit this planet, but this is a very good question. If you had the technology to go wherever you wanted in the universe, would you come here? I would only if there was a purpose, certainly not for entertainment.

Of course. They're here for Sim Earth 2012.

Anyways.. I'd say it's like having an ant farm. I watch it grow and develop into nice tunnels and mounds. I watch them make the mounds higher and higher and the tunnels deeper and deeper. But then one day, they all start to die due to lacking food. Maybe that's where I'd intervene and help.

It's not that humans will be lacking food, but we'll be lacking something and we'll probably depend on it. Maybe we'll be needing intergalactic aid. ;D

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Nice hypothesis.
Just need some "aliens" for
it to work.

Originally posted by Sytima

The governments know this, too, even though they have plenty of information to support the fact that "other worldy" people are constantly present on or around Earth.

I'm curious as to the provenance
of this statement.

Any proof of this statement ?

And please, not some off-the-wall
website.

Verifiable proof.

Curious,
Lex

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by eagledriver
If you were an alien being that would happen to come across Earth,
That will be the time contact will be made, but we are 4-5 generations away at this point. The problem is our war-like tendencies will probably do us in before we ever reach that point.

well, you may be for or five generations from contact, but I'm not. I've already made contact and I can tell you, its not "MAN" that concerns the aliens, its the asshole leaders of this planet who are primitive, warlike, and dangerous. that is the only thing preventing mass contact from happening.

contact itself has already occurred

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Maybe certain alien groups do want to reveal themselves but there is one powerful alien group who is stopping them because they want to remain in control of earth, even though we dont know they are, and it benefits them us not knowing.

[edit on 12-9-2007 by blueIII]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Im sure the aliens are pretty freaked out and scared by what they see going on here. They probably figure that if they can remain anonymous then they may as well do so. What would they gain by announcing themselves?

I doubt they are "freaked out" If they are galactic travelers studying any habitable planet for sentient species they probably have come across civilizations way worse than us, and are current stage is probably a typical stage they are very familiar with.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The contact that has occurried is only out of curiosity. They need to know who they are dealing with. You can't do that from flying around in a flying saucer. So they would come down to see what kind of freaks we really are.

It not only the leaders that are crazed. The common man would shoot anything he doesn't understand and ask questions later. The warrior-like instinct in all of us will be our undoing. It is drilled into from the beginning of time until today. How much "entertainment" is violence based?!?!

Sure, we would be interesting. There aren't as many intelligent being as you might think in the universe. How interesting is a microbe anyway. If you step back and think about it and stop taking it for granted, the Earth is extremely diverse at all levels. There may be life on other planets, but few are no more than bacteria patched in rock caverans on some moon somewhere.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
civilizations way worse than us, and are current stage is probably a typical stage they are very familiar with.

na. there's something very special going on, on this planet. something unlike anything ever seen before.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Exactly.
Man is a SAVAGE beast, the most blood thirsty, and relentless of any animal on this planet.

No way would aliens reveal themselfs to us right now.
There are way too many people out there who would shoot first, and ask questions later.

Like me.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Another 'what if' thread. What if this? What if that? Maybe this is why things are the way they are. Maybe that is the why they are. Aliens haven't showed themselves because of this, or because of that. Everyone's guess is just as good as the next person's. There isn't even proof that Aliens exist and you guys sit around pondering on why they haven't "shown themselves." lol...

[edit on 12-9-2007 by Diplomat]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Just think what would happen if George Bush went on TV today and said "we have made contact with intelligent aliens". The world would go hog wild in fear and conspiracy theories would spread like wild-fire. We would soon revert to anarchy. The thin threads that hold together civilized man would vanish. The haze that holds the worker bees in check would disappear forever. The religious boundaries and beliefs that we hold dear will be squashed.
We really are that weak. Honestly, think about how a Katrina, Tsunami or an alien meeting would and has broken civilization, but as for the aliens it would be world wide panic.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by eagledriver
Just think what would happen if George Bush went on TV today and said "we have made contact with intelligent aliens". The world would go hog wild in fear and conspiracy theories would spread like wild-fire. We would soon revert to anarchy. The thin threads that hold together civilized man would vanish. The haze that holds the worker bees in check would disappear forever. The religious boundaries and beliefs that we hold dear will be squashed.
We really are that weak. Honestly, think about how a Katrina, Tsunami or an alien meeting would and has broken civilization, but as for the aliens it would be world wide panic.

That is just what you "think" will happen. You don't know for a fact that is what would happen. Most of the "sheep" would probably care less and go on about their simple lives. So Bush goes on TV and says Aliens are real. So what? What are people supposed to do? Jump around flailing their arms around while screaming? What exactly is that going to accomplish? The theory that everyone would "freak out" due to disclosure is ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion

Any proof of this statement ?

And please, not some off-the-wall
website.

Verifiable proof.

Curious,
Lex

Proof? Not the least bit, sorry.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Look at history. Any impending disaster would make people run to the store and clean off the shelves. Look at the many riots, where a single belief causes the masses to overrun all authority. Then there are the opportunist that thrive in upheval and would instigate public unrest. Many things that people beleive would be changed forever. Maybe you or I would be calm, but suicides would skyrocket and crazy people would be in the streets in mass numbers saying the world is ending. You have to see it clearly to understand that many are living on a thread that could break at anytime. One nuclear strike on US soil would put the whole US under martial law.
It is all about how fast and under what context the information is communicated to the public if and when the aliens arrive.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join