It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G.I. Joe to Become a UN Global Task Force in Movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   

G.I. Joe to Become a UN Global Task Force in Movie

www.foxnews.com

Say it ain't so, G.I. Joe.

The popular all-American comic-book military man and action figure dating back to the 1940s is undergoing a significant transformation for the Paramount Pictures-distributed "G.I. Joe" film, which begins production in February and is scheduled for release in summer 2009.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9/9/07 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I think this is a Massive Insult by Hollywood. They are turning GI Joe " Real American Hero" into a Globalist, possibly New World Order oriented task force.

This makes me wonder what is going to happen to the Captain America movie coming out around the same time? Is it going to be Captain Planet instead?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9/9/07 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Wow, castrating GI Joe by making them a bunch of blue-helmeted UN stooges takes the entire point out of GI Joe. I'm sure Cobra is quaking in their boots because a UN taskforce is after them now!
If somebody wants to make a movie about a UN Taskforce, that's fine, but this won't be the GI Joe we grew up with. Another classic IP from my childhood approaches an ignoble end

Remember, knowing is half the battle - but some studio execs somewhere obviously don't know how young adults who grew up in the 80's are going to react to this.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Ongoing discussion...

Here:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

top topics

join