It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US gives stark warning to Eritrea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 03:55 AM
link   

The US has issued Eritrea with its strongest warning yet over its alleged support for terrorism.

Source:
news.bbc.co.uk...

Is this part/the start of a media build-up for a future military action on Eritrea?

Eritrea are accusing the USA of "deliberate distortion."

Are there other agendas at work here besides the usual 'terrorism'? Do Eritrea have any abundance of a resource that the USA and others would like to control? All very interesting, and lots of questions to ask.

[edit on 9-9-2007 by bobafett]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Very nice find!

I am sure there has to be some resources in Africa. Its worth looking into. What I find interesting was this...

What had got her government's attention was Eritrea's actions to destabilise other countries in the Horn of Africa and, in particular, evidence that they were harbouring terrorists

So first it's a case of playing world police force, and just for good measure let's throw out the word "terrorist". The US has admitted that we have sleeper cells in the US and that we know who and where they are. Since we have not arrested these people, are we not "harboring terrorist" in this country as well? IMO it is just another example of the US sticking it's nose in someone else's business where it does not belong.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Well, I'm sure I'm not alone here but I had no idea where Eritrea was until I looked it up, although I figured somewhere in Africa. Hey, at least I'm honest.

Geography info on Eritrea

The link above tells most of what you would ever want to know (statistically) about the Ethiopian province, and then some.

Eritrea was awarded to Ethiopia in 1952 as part of a federation. Ethiopia's annexation of Eritrea as a province 10 years later sparked a 30-year struggle for independence that ended in 1991 with Eritrean rebels defeating governmental forces; independence was overwhelmingly approved in a 1993 referendum. A two-and-a-half-year border war with Ethiopia that erupted in 1998 ended under UN auspices on 12 December 2000. Eritrea currently hosts a UN peacekeeping operation that is monitoring a 25 km-wide Temporary Security Zone on the border with Ethiopia. An international commission, organized to resolve the border dispute, posted its findings in 2002 but final demarcation is on hold due to Ethiopian objections.

[edit on 9/9/2007 by pjslug]

new topics

join