It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humanity is doomed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The Earth has over 10000 Nuclear wepons, future generations are killed by abortions 4000000 in the u.s alone. Horrible diseases kill millions every year ( look how many were killed by flu in the u.s this year alone. Tons of Bio and germ weopons sit in unused waiting to leak or be used. Billions of people can't get a clean glass of water. Corrupt politicians steal from the people and get money from large corporations for gov. hand outs. The population increases while farmers are run out of business and cities are built on farm land. In the future these problems will be worse. Some say we could reduce overpopulation . But there are only two at most planets that could be colonized in our solar sytem. Worst of all beyond intersteller travel in almost impossable. Lets say we see a nice earth like planet only 100 light years away. SO we send a colony ship to that planet but that planet was destroyed after the light reached our telescopes. Beam me up scotty these people are doomed.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
bushfriend, sit tight and await our demise.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Too much liberal boo-hoo. We are not doomed yet. Just sit back and relax.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a little different from one of your other post bushfriend. weapons are some of the last things we need to worry about. it is the govt incharge of those weapons that we need to worry about. and there needs to be alot of worry now

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheConservative

exactly. and it wont be our nukes that end the world. itll be someone eleses

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   

The guy's name is Bushfriend....what are you talking about?

While I'm on the subject, I don't get people who come onto a board and give themselves a name that reflects their political views. As far as I know ATS wasn't meant to be a political board (though it has turned into one).

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx

While I'm on the subject, I don't get people who come onto a board and give themselves a name that reflects their political views. As far as I know ATS wasn't meant to be a political board (though it has turned into one).

I was thinking this same thing, Flinx.

I'd also like to add, the opinion/statements given by "bushfriend" that started this topic has nothing to do with Political Affiliation. This isn't an issue about being Liberal or Conservative, it's addressing the future of all Humanity in consideration of the various potential dangers we've created for ourselves.

The blame game thing between the Left and Right is so retarded. Cons. think they can blame it all on the Libs. and the Libs. do the same thing. Am I the only one who sees this as an obvious B.S. move so that NOTHING ever gets done? Anyone who also plays these games or thinks either side is better than the other is either a willing Propagandist or a Blind & Foolish Pawn in a game they can't & won't win, place, or show.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bushfriend
The Earth has over 10000 Nuclear wepons, future generations are killed by abortions 4000000 in the u.s alone. Horrible diseases kill millions every year ( look how many were killed by flu in the u.s this year alone. Tons of Bio and germ weopons sit in unused waiting to leak or be used. Billions of people can't get a clean glass of water. Corrupt politicians steal from the people and get money from large corporations for gov. hand outs. The population increases while farmers are run out of business and cities are built on farm land. In the future these problems will be worse. Some say we could reduce overpopulation . But there are only two at most planets that could be colonized in our solar sytem. Worst of all beyond intersteller travel in almost impossable. Lets say we see a nice earth like planet only 100 light years away. SO we send a colony ship to that planet but that planet was destroyed after the light reached our telescopes. Beam me up scotty these people are doomed.

This is just something I heard, and someone can double check to be sure, but it has supposedly been calculated that 50 billion people can simultaneously live on Earth in prosperity without a single one being even remotely poor (by our standards of poor anyway). So overpopulation is only a problem when the FEW have the MOST wealth/resources of the planet.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Oh and, remember, guns don't kill people. People kill people. No amount of bio-chemical or nuclear weapons will kill a single fly, until someone decides that flies suck and pushes that "button"

It's all about people and their greed and desire to gain power. What else is it about? Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. You give someone power over someone else, and it WILL go to their head.

What's funny is, why do humans even need leaders and governments? Are people not capable of co-existing without completely, total chaos? If not, and if humanity DOES indeed need authority figures to clamp down our actions and introduce laws and control, then there will always be death/chaos/destruction as it is in our nature.

As soon as such things are NOT in our nature, we will no LONGER require leaders or government, as we'll be able to structure ourselves and co-operate with absolutely any human. Makes sense?

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   

So overpopulation is only a problem when the FEW have the MOST wealth/resources of the planet.

Just figuring this out now, lilblam?

On the subject of ultimate human demise - well, what did'ja expect. Every species on this planet is bound to an inexorable fate - death, extenction. It's been happening for eons. It accelerated the moment our primative relatives learned to stand erect.

I belive that Bangin is on the right track - just sit back and wait, try to make the most of the time the human race has left in this universe, and hope that a better species comes along and is a much more benevolent guardian than we have been.

Nuke holucaust, worldwide disease, or whatever, our time is going to end. It will be sooner than later unless we realise that this is the only Earth we have, and the only one that we'll probally ever find.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx

Amen

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JuanBond

So overpopulation is only a problem when the FEW have the MOST wealth/resources of the planet.

Just figuring this out now, lilblam?

On the subject of ultimate human demise - well, what did'ja expect. Every species on this planet is bound to an inexorable fate - death, extenction. It's been happening for eons. It accelerated the moment our primative relatives learned to stand erect.

I belive that Bangin is on the right track - just sit back and wait, try to make the most of the time the human race has left in this universe, and hope that a better species comes along and is a much more benevolent guardian than we have been.

Nuke holucaust, worldwide disease, or whatever, our time is going to end. It will be sooner than later unless we realise that this is the only Earth we have, and the only one that we'll probally ever find.

Am I just figuring this out now? I dunno what gave you that impression, but you've said some rather silly things, so maybe you're the one who hasn't figured much out yet?

First, you say that after humans are out, you hope a better race comes along afterwards, and is a more benevolent guardian. Who do you think will define what "better" is? What's wrong with humans exactly? Also, what are we supposed to be guardina again? Oh don't tell me we're guarding Earth! Oh yes, we will really protect it if it's on a collision course with another planet or a huge meteorite. Get real, we're not GUARDING it, we're living on it, using its resources up for our purposes, and we could care less what happens to the Earth as long as we survive. We only care about our own existances!

You said our demise will come sooner than later UNLESS we realise this is the only Earth we have and will probably ever find? More nonsense speculation. First, we already KNOW this is the only Earth we have, and yet we're already quickly on our way to self-destruction. We KNOW we can't go anywhere.

But when you claim that we'll never find anything better, that's just ignorant. We already found over 100 planets in other star systems with out telescopes or what not. If you give us 500 years or so, we'll be exploring these star systems too. It's only a matter of time before we find a kazillion of Earth-like planets that are perfectly suitable for human life. Why am I so sure? The same way columbus was sure the Earth was round before everyone else seemed to think so.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Am I just figuring this out now? I dunno what gave you that impression, but you've said some rather silly things, so maybe you're the one who hasn't figured much out yet?

I'm sorry that I didn't make clear this attempt at sarcasm. I'll prevent this in future.

First, you say that after humans are out, you hope a better race comes along afterwards, and is a more benevolent guardian. Who do you think will define what "better" is? What's wrong with humans exactly? Also, what are we supposed to be guardina again? Oh don't tell me we're guarding Earth! Oh yes, we will really protect it if it's on a collision course with another planet or a huge meteorite. Get real, we're not GUARDING it, we're living on it, using its resources up for our purposes, and we could care less what happens to the Earth as long as we survive. We only care about our own existances!

I didn't mean GUARDING in the literal sense of the word. I should have said something else, I just couldn't think of another word. I cannot define what better might be, or even if another species will rise to take the place of man. I said HOPE. I would like to HOPE that another type of being takes our place after were gone, and if they could, I would like to HOPE that they take better care of this planet than we have.[

quote]
You said our demise will come sooner than later UNLESS we realise this is the only Earth we have and will probably ever find? More nonsense speculation. First, we already KNOW this is the only Earth we have, and yet we're already quickly on our way to self-destruction. We KNOW we can't go anywhere.

I can't tell if you're calling me an idiot, or taking up my position.

But answer me this - If the human race is enlightened to the fact that this Earth is the only one we have, then why do we, like some diabolical machine hellbent on destruction, eat up every piece of the pie, every resource available to us at a staggering rate? You said it yourself - We only care about our own existances! Gotta gas up the good old SUV for a scenic drive through the country.

But when you claim that we'll never find anything better, that's just ignorant. We already found over 100 planets in other star systems with out telescopes or what not. If you give us 500 years or so, we'll be exploring these star systems too. It's only a matter of time before we find a kazillion of Earth-like planets that are perfectly suitable for human life. Why am I so sure? The same way columbus was sure the Earth was round before everyone else seemed to think so.

(Oh, you're calling me ignorant
)

It's nice to think that there is another planet suited for human habitation out there in this vast cosmos, and there just may be. True, we've found many planets in other star systems. I really enjoy your "Columbus-like optimism" on the subject of finding those Earth-like planets, and wish I could share it. But I've chosen to live in the now for the moment. We've an underfunded space program, in the US (Can't say for the other countries w/ space programs). And at the rate the human race is going, we might not get those 500 years (a low estimate I'm sure) to begin to even explore those solar systems, much less colonize them.

Call it lack of faith in the human race, but I don't belive that most of us really understand how important this planet really is to us. Just think, how will our offspring feel, as they float in the cold, desolate, dark reaches of space, hoping the next planet will be suitable for them.

Don't confuse my thinking with ignorance, or my realism with pessimism, I'd never do that to you

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Well thanks for clearing that up

I just thought it was an ignorant remark, not that YOU were necessarily ignorant. I sometimes say dumb things too, and no amount of tries to avoid doing that seems to succeed!

I meant, if we do NOT destroy ourselves in the near future, and survive without wars and such for the next 500 years, we'll be all over the place! Technological advancement is accelerating exponentially, or at least has up to this point. That's a fact, you can check Ray Kurtzweil's website and other futurists who have detailed graphs etc showing our advances.

We do know that humans won't last forever. Everything that has a beginning, thankfully has an end. Thankfully cuz I'd hate the silly human idea of "God", "Heaven" "Hell" and "Sin" to be all of a sudden a permament thing lol. Religion and its doctrines so far have been the #1 scariest thing we could come up with. I mean seriously, eternal damnation? Can you THINK of anything worse? Someone had to use their imagination on that one. Well you know, whatever works to get followers and to gain power/control over the people, someone, somewhere will use it! So religion was just a successful one so it spread like wildfire.

Anyways, the point is that we'll kill ourselves eventually, but overall, our planet IS only a rock in space. There are an infinite number of planets, so don't feel too bad when we destroy this one. I see no reason to destroy anything, but I won't be heart broken when someone does. It is someone's will and choice to do as they like, and destruction/death is part of nature as much as Birth/Creation is. It is in perfect balance. So in reality, nothing is really created/destroyed, things just change.

Ok that's it. It's 1:50 am and I can no longer think clearly. Night!

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Perhaps we could have a more positive outlook but we should still fear our own goverments incompitence and weopons along with disease and famine.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam
But when you claim that we'll never find anything better, that's just ignorant. We already found over 100 planets in other star systems with out telescopes or what not. If you give us 500 years or so, we'll be exploring these star systems too. It's only a matter of time before we find a kazillion of Earth-like planets that are perfectly suitable for human life.

Jeebus! Perhaps there are habitable planets in the universe that mankind will stumble upon, but do you really think that will change the corrupt mentality of humanity? Doubtful. Let's just stay grounded and keep our disastrous ways confined to Earth.

Yeehaw, fellows! Let's abandon ship and set another ablaze! (sarcasm) WOOOHOOO! ::spits::

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
We shall all die. This is true. So shall humanity die. The next plain of existence is the one we should be worring about.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Humanity is not doomed, because once we strip this planet of all its resources, we'll enter onto the mother ship of an alien race and be taken to another planet with a new religion--the next messiah!

new topics

top topics

join