It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayor of London Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Boris johnson may be the funnyest MP is history, he is the man who said "Vote tory, it will make your wifes breasts bigger". Any one who has the guts to say that deserves a vote

And of corse Boris has a no nonsnce attitude towards these gangs, im sure he'll sort them out, what do you all think ?

Take Care, Vix

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Well to be frank I think I would rather have people scoop my eyes out with rusty soup spoons than have this buffoon running London.

He may absolutely hilarious as a television presenter and I don't doubt his underlying intelligence but the the fact is that his track record as a senior politician is a story of unadulterated incompetence. Just what exactly leads you to believe that he is capable of achieving anything of value as London Mayor?

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
At least the people of London (and a small number of cities) get to elect of their local adminstration. The vast majority of us get a mayor elected by councillors.

I like the idea of greater accountability and in London, the mayor has to be aware of what the people of London are thinking.

And for all his faults, Boris Johnson will generate column inches and can only help to promote the election process and maybe some more people will take the time to vote.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom ERP

If Mad Frankie Fraser ran for Mayor it would similarly highlight the electoral process but I sure as hell wouldn't want him running London any more than I would Boris. I think we can do without turning serious political positions into a perverse extension of second rate reality TV programmes if at all possible.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Did I hear or read that the tories were going to allow the people of London to have a say in the select of their candidate for mayor.

If we continue with serious political positioning, I fear even less people will bother to vote in this and another other elections.

Anything that highlights any election and get more people talking, good or bad, can only be seen as a good thing.

So who would you want to see running TT?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom ERP

I believe you're correct Freedom there are going to be "Primaries" to select the Tory candidate. Perhaps unsurprisingly Labour supporters intend to use the fact that these elections are not restricted to Tory party members to vote, vote, vote for Boris as they believe that he will be an electoral liability.

To be honest, I have no strong views on who should run as I don't live in London any more and am simply not well enough informed on London politics to make a rational decision. My problem with Boris is based on the fact that his experience of local London politics is very limited and his apparent desire to turn everything he does into some kind of a circus act.

London is my home city and deserves much better.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
None of the candidate's in the running for the mayorial election's are that great but personally i don't think boris would be much worse than ken livingstone, after all he was the one who introduced the congestion charge "to speed up the traffic flow in london" and then said he wanted to reduce the speed limit in london to 20mph
just one of many lousy idea's he has spouted since being in power

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Dave courtney for london mayor.

Didnt mean for this to be a one-liner but hes great.

His priority would be to find pitches for travellers and doormen would have greater powers.

new topics

top topics

join