It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Remains of Second Temple in Jerusalem

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Alright, I'm not very educated in Chrstianity, or any religion as a matter of fact.

So my questions are:
How significant is this discovery?
What does it mean?
Will it change the future?

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17
Alright, I'm not very educated in Chrstianity, or any religion as a matter of fact.

So my questions are:
How significant is this discovery?
What does it mean?
Will it change the future?

Anything found on the Temple Mount is of utmost importance to Jews and Christians. Both religions believe that a new temple needs to be rebuilt there.

But the Muslims have some mosques there now, which would need to be destroyed to fulfill that prophesy.

The Muslims believe (although I don't believe it's spelled out in their scripture) that the prophet Mohammed was taken up to heaven on that site to receive their holy book, the Koran.

The Bible refers to that site as the "navel" of the world. So obviously it's a contentious site.

Jewish and Christian beliefs separate after the rebuilding of the temple though, as Christians expect the return of Christ and Jews expect a messiah that has not appeared yet.

Hopefully that makes some sense.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 05:45 AM
link   
This was an amazing discovery. But as said earlier, no further exploration will occur with the Mosque above it. And isnt the Archeologist Jones' first name Indiana?

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Probabley isn't there but also the missing Ark of the Covenent..We know form biblical prophecy that in the end times the antichrist "defiles the temple". Thus the temple is rebuilt at that time. They want to rebuild the temple but there is a slight problem..There is the "Golden Dome" mosque sitting there. I have read that entire temple sits in storage waiting to start construction.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Amenti

You are right as to "no Christian army" at Armegeddon...before the battle but that that changes as Christ returns from Heaven with a heavenly army to defeat forces of evil and setup 1000 reign - guess where? Jerusalem

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
The Muslims believe (although I don't believe it's spelled out in their scripture) that the prophet Mohammed was taken up to heaven on that site to receive their holy book, the Koran.

If memory serves me correct, the story is told in the Holy Qur'an I think. I could be wrong, I think I remember reading it in the Qur'an.

[edit on 31-8-2007 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I read in the Spanish language that a crashed unidentified no-longer-flying object had been found thirty feet below the ground in Egypt, close to a smaller pyramid which people weren't paying much attention to. Egypt, in a symbol of good will, had allowed Israeli archaeologists access to their territory in the feeling of it being beneficial to mankind and historical research, but when the unlfo was found the Israelis went crazy and sneaked it out of Egypt, carting it over the Nile and such like. This was in 1977. The Israelis did some back-engineering on the craft, and gave a medicinal substance to people who each had to be 81 years or over, and those were remarkably rejuvenated, marrying again and going back to university.
That is what the whole problem is going to be. Extra-terrestrial technology.
------------------------
Mod removal of personal email address

[edit on 31/8/07 by masqua]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The Arabs get to destroy our religious site while if the Israelis touched any of theirs it would be a world wide panic. I say Israeli citizens should destroy their Alasqa mosque and Rebuild Solomons Temple.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by djohnsto77

If memory serves me correct, the story is told in the Holy Qur'an I think. I could be wrong, I think I remember reading it in the Qur'an.

[edit on 31-8-2007 by infinite]

Could a reputable ATS Muslim give an answer to this (bodrul, djmessiah,etc)?

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
They're already starting to argue about it. This is potentially huge.

A group of Israeli archaeologists charged Islamic religious authorities with damaging Second Temple remnants although Israeli authorities supervised the dig in question

Source

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadbang
"Jones believes his archaeology to have eschatological significance, and that when he finds the ancient religious items he is looking for, God will be revealed to the world, all Jews will return to Israel, and there will be peace in the Middle East."

As soon as I read this it reminded me of a news article I read yesterday entitled

"Lost Tribe of Israel arrives in Jewish State."

Link to that news article here: www.wnd.com...

[edit on 31-8-2007 by Archerette]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Talk about a powder keg with a fuze lit - this is it. This is bad, but this is good.

If it's true it is "the" temple Christ went in and knocked over the tables and chairs, then ran the merchants out of it - is the first thing I thought of when I read the article.

From and archaeology standpoint it's a great find and maybe my view is a bit different than others, but I'm pretty sure our own body is the new temple. But with the script pre written, maybe we should just get on with the show.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
My, all that fuss about all that religion and the end result is only from a human wanting to dig all of it up so:

Dictating to God when God will return.
------------------------------------------------
Not likely, but all those human reactions will be the only thing going on in the end.

StarWars no doubt or which Force is which Force?

Do human heads that dig in the dirt long enough put their own head in the dirt underneath never to see the real light of day but only enjoy the darkness and the dirt of the dig?

I'm starting to think so.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Jewish and Christian beliefs separate after the rebuilding of the temple though, as Christians expect the return of Christ and Jews expect a messiah that has not appeared yet.

Hopefully that makes some sense.

I wander what happens when nothing happens.
heh.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Can't you see all these religious myths and stories are destroying humanity!?

All these religious mythologies that are being taken at face value is truly sad!

"....monkey killing monkey over pieces of the ground."

When will we as a species evolve?

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuasiShaman

All these religious mythologies that are being taken at face value is truly sad!

Well as soon as nothing happens if this temple is re-built, hopefully things will change.

Their is a God though, and all that matters to God is that you be the best that you can be.

Their has always been conflict because of religion, maybe this will change things.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17

Well as soon as nothing happens if this temple is re-built, hopefully things will change.

Their is a God though, and all that matters to God is that you be the best that you can be.

Their has always been conflict because of religion, maybe this will change things.

Whether there is a god or not is besides the point. These people are fighting over other peoples interpretation of what they think god is. Fact is, no one will ever know for sure, in the meantime lets try to make our short time on earth here as pleasant as it can be. Right!?

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

No, it will just make things far worse. Until humanity shakes off the foolish, rediculous, primitive need to believe in something greater just to get through the day, this will continue.

Religion as a way to kick-start civilization out of a dark age is fine, but when it retards the advancement of said civilization and in fact threatens the well being of a species, then it needs to be stopped.

From an archaeological standpoint, this is an amazing find and needs to be researched and catalogued PROPERLY. What needs to happen is completely unbiased Archaeologists (read, perhaps Japanese, due to their relatively low belief in christianity) need to be brought in to deal with it from a Purely archaeological standpoint

A find like this cannot be thrown to the desperate clutches of the religious, it is far too valuable from a historical standpoint.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by martin_heth
I read in the Spanish language that a crashed unidentified no-longer-flying object had been found thirty feet below the ground in Egypt, close to a smaller pyramid which people weren't paying much attention to. Egypt, in a symbol of good will, had allowed Israeli archaeologists access to their territory in the feeling of it being beneficial to mankind and historical research, but when the unlfo was found the Israelis went crazy and sneaked it out of Egypt, carting it over the Nile and such like. This was in 1977. The Israelis did some back-engineering on the craft, and gave a medicinal substance to people who each had to be 81 years or over, and those were remarkably rejuvenated, marrying again and going back to university.
That is what the whole problem is going to be. Extra-terrestrial technology.
------------------------

[edit on 31/8/07 by masqua]
I believe this is from way out of the left field. And also if the story was released by an Arabic country wouldnt you assume that its a lie as they want all Jews.... let me correct my self. As all radical Muslims want every non-believer dead.

[edit on 31-8-2007 by KezigluBey]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuasiShaman

Yea..... but the Romans had a good philosophy... "Pay us a tax and believe what ever you want" small print "We also get to take you as slaves and have you kill each other for sport"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join