It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intelligent Life in the Universe. Humanity and ET

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Hello ATS, I’m recharged and back on track.

I wrote a paper for one of my College classes awhile back which was titled
The Search for Intelligent Life in the Universe.

This was a tough nut to crack in a University Environment because; verifiable sources are always the standard when writing any sort of theory based essay in the higher learning sector. And Proof of ET is not widely received by the masses yet!!! So I took an approach of using credible sources to get my points across becasue there is no accepted credible proof of exsistence. I got an A on it so I must have at least convinced my professor that it was plausible. Anyway

Ok, so taking it a step further because my research concluded that intelligent life does exist and, in reality prob has long before humans were even an itch in ETs space suit. I thought, why then won’t ET say hello to the planet in mass. I have come to the conclusion that ET doesn’t really want anything to do with us humans at this point in time, in a friendly manner. We are lab rats to ET and will be until we can communicate on an advanced level. Until then we will be researched and cataloged.

Why is this? Could it be because by nature humans are a war like species that can’t even get along with their own family members half the time? Not to mention different human races killing each other in droves. Mass hunger, mass displacement, the list goes on and on with respect to our failures.

I quote my main man Steven Hawking who IMO puts in a nutshell. Along with his link to a public lecture on the subject of intelligent life being plausible.

www.hawking.org.uk...

most forms of life; ourselves included, are parasites, in that they feed off and depend for their survival on other forms of life. Maybe it says something about human nature, that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive.
He goes on to state,

on the development of life in the universe, and in particular the development of intelligent life. I shall take this to include the human race, even though much of its behavior through out history, has been pretty stupid, and not calculated to aid the survival of the species.

Destructive being the main word here. ET sees humans as a threat to their existence IMO. This brings me to the main point of this thread.

My point here is this; let’s put aside the arguments for a countries constitution and or bill of rights, and a countries sovereignty for a minute. Times are so different now then hundreds of years ago.

It is my theory that in order for humanity to progress in its evolution to a more advanced intelligent life form. We must become one society with the same goal, that goal being the advancement of our species. This can not happen as long as we have our petty differences and our greedy mentality.

How do we accomplish this as humans?

Well we would for one have to create a world governing body which would govern world politics. They would in essence decide policy across the globe. Each country would still govern their population but, would answer to a global authority when disputes arise between countires over anything. The enforcement of global policy would be carried out by a force made up of all countries soldiers. The need for a country to have its own military would cease to be needed. Trade disputes, criminal law, Food, global resources would all be under the control of the Global Government.

Greed is and always will be human’s main character flaw. Greed has driven every major war IMO. And Greed will take us down as a species at some point if we don’t realize it soon.

ET knows this don’t you think, if they don’t then they are not an advanced life form. As long as humans refuse to become peaceful and continue to live under a rich -vs- poor breakdown of society, we will never become advanced enough to progress into space as a civilization.

ET won’t allow humans to colonize space because; frankly would you want our brand of mentality visiting your world? I think not because, humans would at some point covet what is not ours to claim.

Is there hope for humanity? I have to think there is, and I have to think at some point we will see the errors of our ways and change our direction. You see humans are a special species. Our emotions and heart felt compassion make us so; we are capable of the greatest achievements possible. Yet humans are also capable of committing incredible horrible acts against humanity.

Until humans can put aside our evil flaws and embrace peace and goodwill we will never be an advanced life form embraced by other advanced life forms.

If we don’t do this then we have but one fate, extinction.

Thx for reading and if you have something to add please do I dont have all the answers but I do see the need for mass incredible change in our approch to life in general if we want to get off this rock and see the stars so to speak.

Take care All

admin edit: moved to aliens/ufo forum. this was good enough for university level work, it's good enough for the ATS ufos/aliens forum.

[edit on 8-23-2007 by Springer]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Hey there geemony,

Well I hope this may help you, I recently was given this link for a book that was channelled in 1955.

It is called The Urantia Book

I am only about a 3rd of the way through it but within the texts there are some great bits of information about alien races in this system and beyond - so enjoy looking like I am

Val

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Well thought out and said.

I agree with you almost entirely and wish I had thought to use the subject in school!

The only area's that I don't agree with is:

"Destructive being the main word here. ET sees humans as a threat to their existence IMO. This brings me to the main point of this thread."

I don't think that any race(s) that have technology that is anywhere from a few hundred years to ?? years ahead of ours would feel threatened. We have the power to obliterate ourselves, it's a sure bet anyone traveling between 'places' could too.

I believe that the lack of advancement in our society is the main reason for the lack of overt contact. Even though many people all around the world would welcome overt interaction. The goverments of the world, the religions of the world and many people of the world would not. Fear, greed and the need to control others are the emotions that run most of our planet.

I think any potential ET's know that we would cause ourselves a lot of harm if they showed up en masse. So they watch, learn and very likely tried to form some kind of exchange with our "tribal leaders" that turned out....?? less than good.

However I agree with your overall thought, that only when humans learn to "play well with others" will we be welcome in the larger sandbox of the galaxy.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Abbadon777

The only area's that I don't agree with is:

"Destructive being the main word here. ET sees humans as a threat to their existence IMO. This brings me to the main point of this thread."

I don't think that any race(s) that have technology that is anywhere from a few hundred years to ?? years ahead of ours would feel threatened. We have the power to obliterate ourselves, it's a sure bet anyone traveling between 'places' could too.

Thx for the words Abbadon, I should have been more clear in my comment about fear. I think what ET fears the most is humans will take our brand of mentality to the stars. humans dont yet know how to use our minds to fix our problums. What im getting at is that humans in whole consume everything we come in contact with. its not in our nature to find renewable forms of anything. We find oil....it gives us energy and we consume it till its gone. Same with Trees, fresh water and the food chain.

I did another paper for an environmental sciences class in which I learned that the Amazon rain forest is responsibly for 20% of all oxygen produced on earth. And 25% of all fresh water reserves on earth. It is safe to say that they wont stop the deforestation of the amazon till its totally gone. We think we have problums now.

Thx for the comments and take care

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valorian
Hey there geemony,

Well I hope this may help you, I recently was given this link for a book that was channelled in 1955.

It is called The Urantia Book

I am only about a 3rd of the way through it but within the texts there are some great bits of information about alien races in this system and beyond - so enjoy looking like I am

Val

Val thx for the link ill sure read up on it and thx for the interest.

Take care

new topics

top topics

join