It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos of "aliens" - online collections

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
During the last year or two, I've been posting brief extracts from my draft database of infamous UFO/alien videos and photos when a relevant thread has popped up on ATS (and a few other forums). I hope that has been useful. However, I've rarely started a thread myself...

I'm now planning a more systematic approach.

I hope to shortly make available the background to quite a few infamous photos of "aliens" available on a website or blog. The relevant infamous photos appear again and again and again on the Internet, and account for a considerable proportion of the photos that appear on UFO websites and on UFO discussion forums (including ATS).

The information that I'll be making available will include details from UFO books which I've read (now numbering somewhere over 1,000), plus various UFO magazines, journals, websites and discussion forums (including the archives of ATS threads). I will also be including some previously unpublished information from my own research and information supplied by several other ufologists.

At some point, I'll do something similar with information about quite a few infamous UFO videos.

In an attempt to deal with the "alien" photos which pop up on the Internet (on the ATS forum and elsewhere) the most frequently, I've been attempting to look at as many past threads on ATS as possible. In addition, I've been compiling information on various websites which include collections of "aliens" - with an emphasis on websites which give relevant information on these photos and/or references to further information.

If anyone has any useful online sources they consider worth adding to the following, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

[I'll post a separate thread at some point on off-line sources (e.g. relevant books and articles) - but if anyone wants to shout out any recommendations now, that would be fine with me.]

(1) www.alien-ufo-pictures.com...
One of the largest collections of “alien” photos on the Internet. Those operating the website state they believe that they have “the largest collection on the internet” of “genuine alien pictures”. Many of the pictures are not accompanied by any text. Some of the pictures are accompanied by text, but that text is generally rather imaginative/sensational and has little to do with the real stories behind the pictures. Several of the pictures are in fact of “aliens” from famous science fiction movies or television programmes, plus various known hoaxes from various sources.

(2) thebiggestsecretpict.online.fr...
Large collection of “alien” photos in the bottom third of the page, from “ETs, genuine : The following pictures are most likely 100% authentic” downwards. The photos are accompanied by text that is generally far more helpful than on most other websites. Up to several sentences accompany many of the “alien” photos, giving relevant background/analysis. There are even a few links to further details. There are, however, a few significant errors and there is a tendency to state that the source or details are “unknown” when in fact these details can be discovered from reading UFO books/journals/forums or by other investigation.

(3) ufologie.net...
This website, operated by Patrick Gross (a French ufologist), includes a fairly extensive collection of “alien” photos, but is probably less extensive than several other websites. However, far more importantly, it generally contains the most extensive and helpful discussion of these photos. References to further information are relatively common within the relevant descriptions, which are often more than just a few words or sentences. In some cases, the accompanying text is several pages long.

(4) www.iwasabducted.com...
Relatively small collection of “alien” photos, but includes some details in relation to these photos that are not commonly included on other websites.

(5) www.ufocasebook.com...
Large collection of “alien” photos. Photos accompanied by text of just a few words. The brief descriptions generally state where the “alien” was purportedly photographed. Several known fakes are included. A disclaimer on that webpage notes that: “There is no way to absolutely prove that any of these images represent an actual alien being. There are many fakes, hoaxes, and representations made of alleged alien beings”. Although this general reservation is included, there is no indication accompanying any of the known hoaxes of their actual background. Indeed, the webmaster notes rather tersely at the top of the page: “No reason to write us and say that a certain photograph is a fake. We are only presenting what has been presented to us. Thank you.”

(6) www.geocities.com...
Collection of the “usual suspects”, with some text briefly giving some background on most of the photos.

(7) www.ufoevidence.org...
Relatively small collection, but with a paragraph of text for each photo and an indication of a source of further information.

(8) www.crowdedskies.com...
Relatively small collection of “alien” pictures, including sketches and some tattoos. No text accompanying the photos.

(9) www.alienphotos.k-netti.nu...
One of the most largest collection of “alien” pictures. A word or two of text accompanies most of the pictures, which in most cases does not give any indication of their actual background.

(10) www.book-of-thoth.com...
Relatively small collection, with some brief information given about most of the relevant photos. The details given are usually less extensive than Patrick Gross’ website, and the format and content of the text suggests that Patrick Gross’ website may have been the source for several of the relevant descriptions.

(11) www.ufovideo.net...
Relatively small collection of alien photos, no accompanying information about their background.

(12) www.forteantimes.com...
Useful article by Jenny Randles, published in Fortean Times magazine in May 2006, on several of the most famous "alien" photos.

(13) youtube.com...
Video entitled “Aliens Photos (50s-00s): What are Fake & What are Genuine?”, running time of 4:00 minutes.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
That's a great collection Isaac. Thanks for taking the time to put that together. Really makes a person wonder about things. I for one have no doubt that we have been being visited since the dawn of time. Now, if we can just get the proverbial smoking gun of a landing and one of these guys walking out of the hatch on video....haha

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Really makes a person wonder about things.

Hi DimensionalDetective,

Well, it could make you wonder about a few different things.

It could make you wonder about life out there. Lots of people have commented on how "real" some of those photos look.

On the other hand, it could make you wonder about the fragmented state of ufology, since:

(a) Some of the photos on the websites referred to above are described on some of the sites as being of "unknown" origin, while other websites actually give the source.

(b) Some of the photos are described as "probably authentic" on some websites, while various books and journals give details of the hoaxers that have confessed producing the same photos.

(c) Many of the photos have previously been discussed on ATS. In some cases, members of ATS have actually posted a potential explanation which I've been able to confirm (but no-one appears to have let anybody that runs the websites listed above of the actual source of the photo).

The same photos pop up time and time again, even if they have been explained. In one example that I've been researching during the last year, a photo has been circulating for over fifty years without its true background being given on most occasions (despite the fact that the hoaxers confessed in a newspaper within a few days of the photo being published in the 1950s).

So, the websites listed above could make one wonder whether we are actually all wasting our time...

All the best,

Isaac

[edit on 21-8-2007 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
THX Isaac, I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS KIND OF COLLECTION TO MAKE A SHORT FILM, U SAVE MY MOVIE, THANK U GUY THANK U VERY MUCH!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Holy moly man so many pics and stories xD ill be busy for hours. Thnx alot good job

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Whoa, glad I stumbled into this post, Great pics

Though I can't help but, see that even just remotely one of them looks like just a deformed Human to be honest.

www.alien-ufo-pictures.com...
That one to be exact. I don't know, I know their are several mental disorders that cause a change in the structure of one's face. I'm just throwing it out their, not sure what to make of it but, it does look like a human who may have just a disorder. Mainly because I've never seen "Greys" with ears perhaps

But, meh. I'll browse through the rest, so far though good collection

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Good idea, I actually had the same idea a year ago, just about mythical creatures.

I would recommend adding all this to the TinWiki instead though, so it won't get lost in all the other (crappy) blogs out there.. Especially since all the data would be associated with this awesome site.

(Regarding that first link you posted, man what a load of crap-analysing of those photos.. And loads of fakes)

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Damn thats a lot of info gonna keep me busy for a while

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch
I would recommend adding all this to the TinWiki instead though, so it won't get lost in all the other (crappy) blogs out there.. Especially since all the data would be associated with this awesome site.

Hi Thain Esh Kelch,

A reasonable point. On balance, however, I'd prefer to retain control over anything I write.

I actually created a few entries on TinWiki a year or so ago, when it went through a bit of a growth spurt and looked like it had potential. However, in the last year or so I haven't seen that much discussion or promotion of entries on Tinwiki (on ATS or elsewhere).

For the Tinwiki concept to work, it really needs quite a few active participants. I haven't seen much sign of it gaining the necessary critical mass.

Perhaps your mention of Tinwiki will encourage a few people to visit it and consider adding an entry. This is surprisingly easy to do - certainly far easier than creating your own website). Also, for those interested in such things, substantial amounts of ATS points are (or at least were) awarded for contributing to the Tinwiki.

A list of links to the "aliens and UFOs" entries on Tinwiki can be found here.

For those interested, a tutorial on editing Tinwiki entries (or creating new entries) can be found here.

All the best,

Isaac

[edit on 21-8-2007 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
thanks for this, some nice collections there. I was wondering if you with all your experience could maybe tell us which of all these pictures have the highest possibility of being an authentic alien.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Good work, flagged and starred. There's some interesting pics there, some are pretty fake-looking and some look more real, there's a load that I haven't seen before as well!

Yeah, care to tell us your select favourites?

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Hm, this picture is a bit interesting, to say the least. That is, if it really was found in King Tut's tomb, as the hosting website indicates.

www.ufocasebook.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I agree, great work and thanks for taking the time out to put it all together!! Much appreciated!

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Very fascinating, but I have yet to see one that could not have been faked. (and this is coming from a believer)

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by luis9343
thanks for this, some nice collections there. I was wondering if you with all your experience could maybe tell us which of all these pictures have the highest possibility of being an authentic alien.

I would also like an answer to that question. And if your answer is that you don't believe that any of them are indeed 'authentic aliens', then I would be intrigued as to why you would willingly and comprehensively spread disinformation in such a grandiose painstaking way on ATS.

I guess, what I'm asking is, is your heart genuinely in this topic, or it it a point-grabbing exercise? Please point us towards the photographs you believe to be the most genuine. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Hmm, I don't know anymore...All of these deemed "faked" or "Hoaxed" in a way after looking over a few, then looking at the name of the site I went to...(Of course the name sometimes has nothing to do with things.) It certainly validated a point in me establishing my opinion on a site.

Take this one for example.
www.ufovideo.net...

Just look at those pictures? Clearly you can see it's someone in something with a mask, I mean...Come on! I believe in Aliens, UFOs, and I usually keep high hopes up for fact we will be contacted by them walking amongst us. Whether it be in bright daylight or even in the dead of night to which they almost always occur, but somethings...You just have to look at it and roll your eyes. Then you hear yourself say "what the *Expletive*..."

Other than that I'll probably just wander away from this topic for a while, I know now.

*Stay away from sites with "UFO" "Aliens" or anything of the such in that title for a while...*

Night all.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Thanks IsaacKoi,
You are not THE ISAAC are you???

A word of warning about www.alien-ufo-pictures.com.... I subscribe to an advisory service that warns me links on this site go to "webforcash...." which breached browser security when tested. Be sure your security is aggressive to be safe. I personally don't trust sites who allow these types of links. May be a UFO buff trap. Crank up that Firewall.

Also, ufocasebook is cool but if you give your email expect lots of Spam. I like mine with a little ketchup.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Thanks for the collection of links. They are certainly useful to review, even if some are fakes. Since knowing fakes would help tell the real deal (someday).

One comment though: you have named your thread "Photos of "aliens" ...". And most of these are pictures of disk shaped craft. Now most people would say the two do not necessarily equate.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Nice work Issac, huge list of stuff.

It might be worth, before you start a definitive list, looking into sorting out the wheat from the chaff. I've looked at a couple of the sites already and most - but not all - of the photos included on them are known fakes - especially those on the first site, where there are several photos of a staged ET UFO museum Exhibit.

You would also need to research and get some backgrounds into birth anomalies and medical conditions such as elephantitus, which can cause major distortions in body and facial features.

Its a good project, and I wish you luck with it.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Nice post Isaac, although I have seen most of these before it is nice to have all the good links in one place. Well done.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join