It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.music: Slide Guitar Blues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
PODcast:

Slide Guitar Blues

It's a bit rough, but what the hey. Ijust got a new resonator guitar, so I thought I'd give it a walk on the town. Plus, I was inspired by Don Wahn's recent efforts (nice one, dude). I eq'd it a bit to make it sound a bit more old time-y. Enjoy

length: 01:54
file: btsmpod_2534.mp3
size: 1794k
feed: btsm

[edit on 21-8-2007 by fingapointa]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Cheers! Glad some others are getting down on the classic blues joints.

That was pretty f'ing sweet fingapointa. Great stuff man. I love the sound of the resonator. Keep the hot licks comin and I will keep listening.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Hey, thanks Don, maybe standing at the crossroads all that time, was worth it.
Man, that National you got, though, that's the real deal. Like, the real,real deal. Like, the company closed down in the '50's. You got something special there dude. A classic.

Anyway, fingerpicks really help with the sound and volume. Check out a website by a guy called Bob Brozman. He explains tunings and techniques, real well. I learned that song from his DVD

If anyone feels like adding some lyrics, go for it, rip into it! Any blues harp players out there?

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Oh hell yeah. We have some great guitarists on this site - i HAVE to say!! Great stuff fingapointa. Man i would love to have been able to jam with you guys.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Awsome stuff. Nice job.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
wouldn't normally chime in here - nice!

Words, sorta sounds like you should have something working around 'the worlds gone to shivanat now ~ make the most of it'

p.s mods sorry for tryin to get past the filter but its the only word that really fits!!

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Listening to this and Don Wahn's great work makes me want to get my axe out and lay down some licks.

FINE blues!

Springer...

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Cheers.
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I'll try and keep 'em coming. I just need to find a woman to done me wrong, so I can get some inspiration

And if there's any budding blues singers out there, feel free to drop some lyrics over it.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
As soon as I get in front of a good mic, I am totally going to lay some crossroads, sell your soul to the devil type lyrics on top of this. If I can figure out a way to get my buddy in Chicago to harp over this, rest assured I will.

Again, classic stuff man

And I have heard of Bob Brozman, hes the one that told me how much my guitar was worth Go figure
I need to check out his DVD's but I cant find enough spare time, oh well. Life goes on.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Sounds sweet there, Fingapointa. Definitely old-timey sounding.
I love those resonator guitars. Keep it up.

new topics

top topics

join