It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your dream facility

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Just thought this would be an interesting exercise.

Describe your dream secret or non-secret facility. Things like location, security, guard forces, whatever you want!

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
A totally normal house/banking tower block in appearance, with no curiosity-inducing security. With a lab in the basement where strange and freaky stuff is developed for the purposes of intergalactic domination... Oh wait, i live there... never mind!

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Sounds like a plan to me.

I'd probably have some kind of bunker system, with a nice view over the harbour. Maybe a hidden submaine docking pen, too.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Maybe the roof could open up to reveal the launch pad from which the moon base could be sent up!

Or maybe you could just seize world power in a bloody coup and have no need for a secret base at all.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
i would have one in a regular forest and the door iscovered with grass so it blends into the ground with 4 guards pointing at the door at all times

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Well for me it would be a classic James Bond Blofeld underground hideout comeplete with uniformed minions that apear unable to speak. It would of course have its own (very slow) open topped underground mono rail and be 60's style throughout just to through off the aliens a bit.

The only drawback to this master plan of mine is the fact I'd have to shave my head and wear military type 60's gear. Although I would get to stroke large hairy pussy all day so its not all bad.

It would have 100 underground levels and have monorail links to the vatican vaults (I'd love to have a rake around in there!), area 51 and the local pizza hut. (Hey a would be dictorial overload gets the munchies as well!)

Of course the submarine docks and missile launch systems go without saying although I do rather insist on my own personal saucer for buzzing the locals.

Wayne...

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
i dream of the fabled SSR [ the strategic steam reserve ] its out there .. it really is

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The Thunderbirds had it all !!!

Awesome show, and their home base would
be my pick.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Boys always want the bases with the most toys.

Give me a huge creepy looking castle,complete with moat.(bear with me)I'm not much into sharing space so each room would be designed for me alone,but for different purposes.A good location would be kind of obvious.
Oh my, my goth side is showing again.Excuse me while I hide my fangs.

Good question OP

XS

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I'd like one in a cliff underground, with huge windows facing out to the ocean, would need to have huge rooms all steel plated too. Just me since I like to be alone a lot. Security would be multiple cameras around the perimeter and big guard dogs at each entrance. Few security guards above ground and inside the building itself, but all guards cut off from the main building. Finger and voice locks to keep everyone but me out, ah back to dream world!

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Mine is one story of a five- or four-story former hospital. The lower two floors belong to a reputable but somewhat shadowy organization. The middle floor or floors is empty and abandoned -- only if a visitor perseveres through them do they reach the final level. The final level is simply a laboratory with the best equipment anywhere. Fully equipped and all -- never have to leave, supplies are delivered through a dumbwaiter, etc. Extensive library as well -- heh heh. Security is simply this: As far as anyone knows, I'm just a harmless person renting out the top floor of an old building from the company that owns it. Also cameras. Lots of cameras. Especially at the entrance to my inner sanctum -- retinal scans, voice locks, etc. Guards don't really exist -- well, unless you remember that that ditz receptionist down on the first floor isn't really a receptionist at all.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Location: Well I'll stay true to my roots. West Virginia. In the middle of the state. Claim about 10-20,000 acres. The complex would be in the middle of the land, in a valley or hollow. A paved road leading up to the facility, with a massive gate at the main entrance to the property.

Outside Security: Satellite thermo sensors for the majority of the complex, Then within plain sight of the complex a fence with guard towers and cammo dudes of coarse.

The Layout. The top level would be in an X shape with a center and 4 wings. Each wing would be several football fields long, some going into the surrounding hills. In the center is a landing pad, very large, maybe 500 feet across. Sometimes at night the pad is lowered and you see a large bright light shooting out of it. only one level on the surface with windows on each corner at the end of the wings.

Inside. Each wing is divided into different sciences, the 1st level of each wing is mostly just board rooms and restrooms and cafeteria. All the fun stuff happens underground. In the center of the X is a series of elevators in varied sizes. They all go to a maximum depth of 30 miles down
. Once down there all power and energy is from geothermal. There is no way any data or transmission can be sent out of the research facility. Even the workers wear gowns from the elevators down, where then they change into their work clothes.

ok its almost 4am and my classes start tomorrow... Ill continue tomrrow...

This is fun thinking about this.

[edit on 27-8-2007 by DarkStar86]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I'll take the city of Seattle, in it's entirety as my base of operations.

The cloud cover will do nicely to hide my various evildoings from the prying eyes of Google Earth.

I shall issue forth my demands and subliminal propaganda from the Space Needle, and I shall reside in an inferior "low rent apartment" to avoid detection.

My minons shall be the coffeehouse baristas, the clerks who sell "vintage clothing" at double (or triple!) the cost of the original items value and the all night convienence store clerks shall keep track of my minions.

The riot police shall be my brute squad, and we shall enjoy flagrant displays of our battle armor against unwitting hippie protestors.

We shall convene every solstice at the Fremont Troll, to whom we shall offer various bribes and tributes, and the rest of the year we shall party and mingle at various hotspots and nightclubs and simply "outcool" the rest of the world.

Once we have levied our "coolness factor" on the rest of the populace and verbally belittled All Who Dare Oppose us, we shall move to small towns across the nation with out arsenal of wit, bizzare counter culture art and fashion statements and wreck havoc with our trust funds on the small town populaces.

Then, and only then, will I quit paying $2000 a month for a run down studio apartment infested with evil domestic cockroaches and launch into a bizzare spectacle of home ownership that would put even the most flagrant yuppie scum to shame.

Yes - that's right - not two SUV's, but THREE! And if it makes noise in the pristine wilderness and pollutes the air (i.e. Seadoos and ATV's) I shall have several.

My main housing complex will be stocked with everything I can possibly require from L.L. Bean so I do not have to leave my house, and my Doomsday Device will be made strictly from the offerings of the IKEA catalog.

I shall become an Amway distributor just to further infuriate my enemies.

Yuppie scum beware! I have watched your movements for decades, and I know the secret behind your prestige.

Prepare to be trumped!

*laughs manically and putters off on her secondhand vespa scooter with the radical bumper sticker on the rear fender*

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

OMG- Very well thought out and the only other thing I can say is LMAO.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Thanks AccessDenied -

I was almost on the verge of launching into this exact full scale operation when I ended up falling in love, getting married and moving several states away....but the good news is, he's beginning to see the light and we're moving back as soon as funds allow.

Right now, it's just the underground and plans within plans.

And for the record - there's a pretty creepy looking old abandoned hospital
just south of Capitol Hill that looks a bit forboding and gothic...great view, too.

Just thought you might be interested....you know, in case you wish to ally forces in the future.

[edit on 29-8-2007 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I don't need allies, myself. Tanks fills the part nicely.

BTW, great replies guys! Some of yours make my harbour bunker look like a shack (would be the Love Shack though tbh) compared to your chateaus!

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Viscaya would be mine. the creators son sold it to the city of miami for $1 back in the 1800's

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
If I were planning a new secret base, I'd locate it way out in the pacific, (geology permitting, lol) on the sea bed, supplies and personnel would be brought in by submarine, leaving absolutely no trace of a base on the surface.

security would be minimal, probably just a radar to scan for nearby non-friendly subs or ships. and since all personnel would be arriving by sub, minimal security would be needed inside the base too.

new topics

top topics

join