It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President for Life? Group Advocating Bush be PfL linked to WH

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Group that advocated Bush become "President-for-Life" linked to Bush Administration itself

Well, it turns out that "Family Security Matters (FSM) is a front group for the Center for Security Policy (CSP), a conservative Washington think tank "committed to the time-tested philosophy of promoting international peace through American strength." (The phone number listed on the FSM website is answered by the CSP.)

Family Security Matters is the name of the group which deleted its own story but the story was later found in Google cache.

The group apparently advocated that Bush declare himself President-for-Life using Julius Caesar as an example. Click the link above for the full story and links.

If President Bush copied Julius Caesar by ordering his army to empty Iraq of Arabs and repopulate the country with Americans, he would achieve immediate results: popularity with his military; enrichment of America by converting an Arabian Iraq into an American Iraq (therefore turning it from a liability to an asset); and boost American prestiege while terrifying American enemies.

He could then follow Caesar's example and use his newfound popularity with the military to wield military power to become the first permanent president of America, and end the civil chaos caused by the continually squabbling Congress and the out-of-control Supreme Court.

President Bush can fail in his duty to himself, his country, and his God, by becoming “ex-president” Bush or he can become “President-for-Life” Bush: the conqueror of Iraq, who brings sense to the Congress and sanity to the Supreme Court. Then who would be able to stop Bush from emulating Augustus Caesar and becoming ruler of the world? For only an America united under one ruler has the power to save humanity from the threat of a new Dark Age wrought by terrorists armed with nuclear weapons."

The idea that someone actually thinks that this plan would work seems utterly ridiculous to me. But then again a lot of things seem crazy to me that other people believe. Pretty scary if it's true.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 420prajnaprevious post removed

careful fella...you're walking a thin line with that irresponsible comment.

anyway , where do i sign up for Bush PFL?

[edit on 17-8-2007 by Crakeur]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Why are we fighting terror in iraq when we obviously have our own nuts here?President for life?Compared to Caesar?OMG!!

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I feel bad for Bush in a way, I dont think he's all there, he is probably just a puppet

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
what is the conspiracy? is this more than one groups oppinion? Is it going to happen or does some one think this is going to happen. As far as i can tell this is one of many thoughts down this road. who cares! if it comes close to becoming reality then I'll stain my pants. although I might die on the spot.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The 'conspiracy' part comes to play in that the group that was advocating for this is linked to the White House. It would be like if the Pope paid people to advocate he take over Italy. It's not anything to be upset over yet, it's just really creepy.

[removed quote of entire previous post]
Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 17-8-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AmethystSD

The idea that someone actually thinks that this plan would work seems utterly ridiculous to me. But then again a lot of things seem crazy to me that other people believe. Pretty scary if it's true.

It...... would work? Terrifyingly so I might add. No one has seen the modern America engage in "open and full scale warfare" ... its not a matter of "will it work" its a matter of "would anyone have the audacity to actually do it?" .. Yes, eventually someone will .. but I do not think you have to worry about it being this President honestly.. all Democracies will eventually, if unchecked, becoming Tyrannies.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
No one has seen the modern America engage in "open and full scale warfare"

This is so true. At the moment US soldiers are involved in urban combat. Fighting on the ground with limited air support due to high civilian populations. The US has no where near unleashed the full extent of it war fighting capabilities. to quote a Tom Clancy novel (which i seem to do alot!!):

"The problem with America........ was that this poorly organized, idolatrous, and misguided nation was lethally competent in the use of force"
Executive Orders

Originally posted by darkheartrising
anyway , where do i sign up for Bush PFL?

Is this supposed to be sarcastic???? I hope so. Because what that FSM group is lobbying for is so scary I am gettin ready to dig a hole and live in it, and I live half a world away!!

CT

Edit to fix brain to finger malfunction

[edit on 18/8/2007 by Conspiracy Theorist]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I have this image in my head of our President calling a press conference, standing at the podium and saying ' I will be the President until I die'.

*gasp*

*obscene remarks*

The President, wiggling his fingers in his ears , sticking out his tongue......na na na na na....What are you going to do about it?

Seriously.....if right now he got on television and said he would President for life, what would anyone really do about it?

Protest?

top topics

join