It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Under Paid!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I have a quick question for those who know the legal system. I was given a raise about 2 months ago, 6.85-7.20. And still to this day I've been getting paid 6.85. I was told that it took about 2 weeks for the raise to take effect. I'm really strapped for money right now (it makes the world go round which is sad and sick), and it's been 2 months now. Does my company owe me money? Or was my manager telling me "We're giving you a raise", just an ego boost to keep me from leaving?

I normally don't ask for much advice here on ATS, but I just don't know what to do now.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Talk to your boss, or payroll and address your concerns. Ask him about retro pay, which is any monies you should have acquired as a raise from the time he told you your raise would be in effect. Most importantly be clm about it, give it the old "hey man, got a question about my check".

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Man I know how you feel. I just found out that for what I do the average salery is 15 to 20 thousand more a year than what I'm being paid! Cheap ass boss! Now I'm secretly looking to make a move to some other firm just so I can be paid the average for someone doing my job.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Well that happens a lot. However, companies that give a pay increase and if you have it in writing, should state effective from when. Then, if that date has passed companies SHOULD give you "back" pay from the time it was effective from and not from your next pay date.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The above posters are spot on - I'm in the Uk so clearly things are little different, but when it comes down things like this, there is one golden rule.
Get it in writing ASAP with a start date.

Another thing worth considering is that sometimes companies have pay structures that work in arrears so you may well need to wait until the next payroll session.

I know I'm going on a bit, but another point is that your boss said that they are 'going' to give a payrise, not we 'have' given you a payrise. This is reason you need to get an effective from date, in writing, asap, in case it doesn't happen. You then have something to fall back on in terms of claiming for backpay.

I know from personal experience that it's a bummer waiting for a payride to kick in. I got promoted back in June, complete with 5 grand payrise, BUT, it doesn't kick in until september. It sucks, and I'm skint too, but you gotta have the faith...

Fortunately, I have it all in writing.

Good luck dude.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Yep....get it in writing...or....simply assume, and tell yourself it isn't real.

"Proove it" and all that.

If you aren't respected enough to be shown what you've been promised, you'll end up :bnghd:

Good luck.

join