It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Madden '08 In Stores Today!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Anyone getting it? I'm pickin' it up after work...haven't bought a Madden game in 2 years since the next gen versions pretty much sucked. But from what I've read, this year is leaps and bounds ahead of the last 2 years. Here's to hopin', 'cause I'm trading NCAA '08 in for it....

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Me and my friend bougt it, his for PS3 and me for PS2, we don't like the PS3 version, the graphics are better but that's about it.

The speed of the game sucks in the PS3 version, the way the plays are displayed makes it obvious for the other guy to know what are you doing, worst than PS2 and the control settings are a mess.

The only thing improved from the 07 version for PS3 are the way to call audibles.

PS2 version is almost identical with a few bee add ons and new graphics nothing big really, but very good, very user friendly and the games itself run more smoothly.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I've been very happy with the Xbox360 version so far...in my humble opinion, it ranks pretty close, if not better than my fav madden game ('05 for PS2). Graphics are smooth as silk, it responds very well, the new animations are phenominal, and you can actually return punts (unlike the last 2 years). I also managed to recover the very first onside kick I tried too. So far, I don' tsee any glaring discrepancies...but I don't want to crown it quite yet...gotta give it a little more time.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
You see my biggest thing with the PS3 version is that the plays develop very chaotic, is like you don't know what's going on, the view of the field is limited so you can not see where your players are at, to complete a pass that is not in a crossroute pattern is pretty much a guess, unless you wait long enough and by that time you already down.

Add to that all that I mention earlier and it pretty much sucks.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
oh wow...that definately would suck. the only time you have limited visibility on 360 is if somone is running an out patern, or if the RB is out in the flats...but if you're reading your defenses right, you'll know if they're open or not...and it's only when they're right next to the sideline.

Not sure how the PS3 is, but the 360's running game is awesome...plays develop just like they should, for the most part, and if you stick to the design of the play, you're very rarely taken down for a loss.

The only mini-complaint I have right now is the pass blocking doesn't hold up long enough sometimes. I've gotten sacked on a quick slant a couple times now, and that's a 1 step drop and throw type of thing. But I'm thinkin' that might be able to be adjusted with a slider....

It's a shame 360 doesn't play Blue Ray, or I'd suggest tradin' your PS3 in for a 360. lol

top topics

join