It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

August 13th 07 "issue"...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   
One thing, it is not the 13th yet, my opinion this is a prepared manufactured news release. Could be a error/typo but odds are they were getting ahead of themselves. Informative article none the less, looks like they want to made this a public interest, smoke and mirrors any one.

Personally, it only makes me wonder what they are trying to hide by drawing all the atention towards these "issues". Some be some thing fairly big, considering.

Finally the Fed puts the Patriot Act to use, against their own.

The controversy over President Bush's warrantless surveillance program took another surprise turn last week when a team of FBI agents, armed with a classified search warrant, raided the suburban Washington home of a former Justice Department lawyer.

Gov looking for a leaker

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Advisor...the link isn't coming up properly. The page isn't loading. Maybe it's just me. Where was the date?...in the actual news item or at the top of it?

EDIT : Doesn't matter, it's coming up now

[edit on 12-8-2007 by geek101]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   
actually, if you go to several pages, they have future dates on them....like this one:

August 20-27

do they plan their magazines that far in front?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Seems to be, they do, I didn't really check the other pages. That is a great observation though, hmm, now it really makes me wonder.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
actually, i think the credit of observation goes to you. I don't think i ever really look at dates when i read the news. It is odd though...i know sometimes when magazines come out in the shops a couple of days early, they might have the coming week on them, but i've never seen it online. And the 20-27th....thats a couple of weeks away. And it's news....which makes it odder. Unless they have some psychic working for them

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Well the magazine is called "NewsWeek", not "NewsDay", so they cover topics as a digest.

Yes they plan ahead.

Monthly magazines will have one or two months hung up on the wall, I think its called a galley (been a long awhile since I was in the biz). They will move items all over that wall for layout and content until its ready to go to press. The reason they use the wall is so they can see it all at a glance, and discuss it among editors/writers/designers.

Newsweek prints a copy each week, so they need to be ahead of the game to make it all ready for the printer. We get to see stuff before it hits print via the web.

Nothing to see here, no conspiracy, no mystery, magazine business as usual.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Yes, magazines plan their issues that far in advance. If it's seasonal material, the writers could be producing the articles as much as a year in advance.

new topics

top topics

join