It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lennon's "Imagine" NWO Propoganda?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Upon looking at the lyrics in John Lennon's hit song "Imagine" I realized recently that it appears to relay a pro New World Order message. Here are the lyrics.

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...
This could mean getting rid of all religions to keep the peace between everyone

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...
This clearly states the obvious goal of the so called New World Order

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one
This states there are others like him (NWO members) and he invites you, the listener, to follow their cause

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...
This sounds a bit more like communism, but again, the NWO is suposed to want to controll everything

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

So, could the hit song writer and Beatle have been a member of the New World Order ( if it exists)?

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
A lot of "if's" in my opinion.

Lennon was a man well before his time. He wrote of things that most could not even dream. NWO? I doubt it. Just an idealistic who had a lot of talent with a pen and paper, that was performed through music.

I'm sure there are plenty of lyrics out there that we can construe to fit some theory. Doesn't really carry any weight in my opinion.

Worth a discussion though.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Hmm...very interesting thoughts on that classic song, one of my fav's. Always felt it was more of a world peace kinda thing, but who know what those wacky Beatles were into? Maybe we can start a new conspiracy theory that Lennon was not killed and is alive and well working undercover for the NWO lol.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Oh boy. I have seen several threads lately matching song lyrics to NWO related propaganda, quite frankly I don't buy any of it.

As Chissler said, I'm sure you could find hundreds of songs that might "fit the bill" as it were. It's just a case of looking too hard I believe.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
yea I too don't think that Lennon wrote the song with the NWO in mind.
but i see how it can be viewed that way.
I'm thinking that based on the time frame and what was going on in the world during those years, that he did write it with peace in mind.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Lennon's "Imagine" NWO Propoganda?

Not likely, and frankly asking that kind of question means you don't really understand anything about him. My guess is your under 30.

If you had to place a label on his politics in 2007 I think "utopian anarchist" would be the closest. No government, no religion, just people tending to their own lives and needs while taking care of and loving of each other.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
just to pile it on - i agree that john was not talking about anything NWOish. quite the opposite. i'm 26, just for the record. not all of us young'ins are oblivious. =)

[edit for additional content]

btw, if you want real NWO lyrics look up Lullaby by A Perfect Circle. the lyrics pretty well describe our current situation.

[edit on 9-8-2007 by an0maly33]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Perhaps you might have been picking up on my plans since high school to unleash a plan to completely co-opt all media networks and the airwaves and play this song continuously until people got the message and began putting Lennon's ideologies into practice?

Yes, this my my NWO.

You caught me red handed. Rats! Foiled again!

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by an0maly33

btw, if you want real NWO lyrics look up Lullaby by A Perfect Circle. the lyrics pretty well describe our current situation.

[edit on 9-8-2007 by an0maly33]

Here's the song.. Listen for yourself... Other than the "go back to sleep" statement, I really don't know what you are referring to.

[edit on 9-8-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
When Imagine was written John Lennon was extremely into South Asian Vedic philosophies. The song is clearly verbalizing the importance of self and individuality, and not idolizing falsehoods that exist in the current material world.

No greed or hunger, no religion to cloud the mind, no false hope or fear of what's to come after this life. It seems pretty strait forward to me.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
sorry all i had the wrong track. it's Pet.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:57 AM
link   
He wasn't some NWO flunkie he was just a man looking for peace. He wanted everyone to love one another and live together in harmony. He was a great man and many mourn him. RIP John

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Heaven = six letters

Countries = nine letters

Dreamer = seven letters

Possessions = eleven letters

6 + 9 + 7 + 11 = 33

The degrees of masonry?

Just kidding of course, but you get the point how easy it is to find things like this.

The Nixon tried to deport Lennon. A spokesman for the NWO?

2PacSade-

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
John was a peace loving incredible artist and NO, i dont think he meant anything other than his literal words.

Besides, you think a NWO is going to be PARADISE?????

Ahem.....Nevertheless, its an interesting concept you got there.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker420

World Peace cannot come without the absence of religion or through separate governments. An NWO will be necessary to maintain a level of peace in this world. Is that a good thing? Maybe. Will it be a bloody war to get us there? Absolutely. In order for a New World order to rise, a lot of people are going to have to die. Anyone who cannot accept the new laws are going to have to either be "rehabilitated" or taken out of the equation all together. I, personally, would hate to see the world's diverse cultures replaced by a single world nation, but that's just me. I guess I should look forward to some heavy rehabilitation of my own, because I don't think peace will ever prevail. Even without religion or possessions, or nations separated by beliefs, there will always be evil in the world. Its in the balance.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I highly doubt John Lennon was influenced by the NWO. Being a John Lennon fan he seemed to be influenced to unite people of all walks of life to live in peace and harmony.

new topics

top topics

join