It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]clear video of 3 flying objects in Domican Republic[HOAX]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
It is filmed in Punta Cana, basically a strecth of beach with resorts and hotels. So there's no way this hasn't been noticed since there should be a lot of guests and people on the beach. I still think its some sort of hot-air craft contest or demonstration. I searched for events in Punta Cana on August 6, but didnt find anything..

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Just for the sake of argument, could they be something like these parasails? Maybe edited strangely, and with some bright lights attached? How does the shape match up?

Not aliens, though. Just drunken vacationers.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by XFoxMulderX
I'd have to agree. This video is way too clear to be real, and it sounds like there were a lot of people around this "sighting" If they were real, it would be so huge that not even the mainstream media would be able to shurg this one off

Yeah, because we all know that the mainstream media reports on the really important things that go on nowadays.

The only person who has weighed in so far that I believe to have a good amount of CGI expertise is wildone, He made several good points as to why he feels these objects actually exist in the video and have not been computer generated.

Scully: Those were the most paranoid people I have ever met. I don't know how you could think that what they say is even remotely plausible.
Mulder: I think it's remotely plausible that someone might think you're hot.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
So, what I want to know is, what about the lights on the last one, the big light in the center and the little lights around it?

A cord or batteries...i'm thinking it's probably to heavy to be a balloon, but maybe pulled by something, because if you see it starts toppling over in the direction it's moving, as if being pulled.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
We have some experts here at ATS they just need to be asked what there thoughts are.

I think the video is interesting.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
The final object is pivoting with the center of the axis in the top center of the object. That means it is hanging from a line attached to something above. It is not traveling under its own power.

I don't think so, you are referring to a pendulum effect similar to what criss angel uses in his levitation illusions if I'm not mistaken.

Were that the case I don't think the object would exhibit the wobble that it does... It would remain relatively centered in relation to the point it was tethered to.

Edit: Observe50, I have sent a U2U to JRitzmann requesting analysis of the vid.

[edit on 8/8/2007 by ExquisitExamplE]

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The best I could do for now. Couldn't get it converted to QT so I can't jog frame by frame. Had to grab on the fly.

I tried to grab a frame when the camera had zoomed back to widest view. Honestly, everything suggests it is the beach, but I see no water. Just because there are palm trees, that doesn't mean beach in Dominican Republic.

Also regarding the Spanish VO, if it is on the beach, could be a limbo contest?

regards..kk

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I am voting CGI trickery on this one as well. IF it was something as extraordinary as ufo's the cameraman would have run to find a better vantage instead of camouflaging the objects with the palm trees.

haha the color orange thing strikes again muahahah

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
ahh double post of a useless comment.I'm not allowed anymore posts today.

[edit on 8-8-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus
Just for the sake of argument, could they be something like these parasails? Maybe edited strangely, and with some bright lights attached? How does the shape match up?

Not aliens, though. Just drunken vacationers.

Dude give it up.The damm video is real..........That does not mean its aliens,negative it means some guys made some cool looking stuff...Nothing in this video suggests it is fake,but it is certainly not a alien invasion.

Why do some poeple go so far that they just have to put down every single thing ever taped,captured on film?Heres a video of a 747 in flight,oh boy thats clearly faked look at that shading right there!pffft trying to slip a 747 past me ehh.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
i dont think they are CGI... but obvioulsy man made.

if the guy speaking spanish is reffering to them that way, and that each aircraft is different, and they are all filmed in one spot going the same direction, deff some sort of compitition

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
We need someone on here to translate what the guy in the background is saying. I speak a little Spanish (not that good) so I will try and listen to see if I hear anything. What if everyone, except this guy, was facing the other way watching something else and he was the only one that caught it? I guess we won't know till someone translates....

If this is real....WOW, is all I can say. It looks real to me, but I am in no way an expert...

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExquisitExamplE

The final object is pivoting with the center of the axis in the top center of the object. That means it is hanging from a line attached to something above. It is not traveling under its own power.

I don't think so, you are referring to a pendulum effect similar to what criss angel uses in his levitation illusions if I'm not mistaken.

Were that the case I don't think the object would exhibit the wobble that it does... It would remain relatively centered in relation to the point it was tethered to.

Edit: Observe50, I have sent a U2U to JRitzmann requesting analysis of the vid.

[edit on 8/8/2007 by ExquisitExamplE]

Sorry if I was not clear. It is suspended as are all the objects. A suspended object always pivots from the point at which it is connected as does the last object in the film. It is too obvious to not notice. This is not CG work and I'm qualified to say that. I was too tired last night to look any further.

I took it apart today. Here is a blow up of one of the objects showing the device it is suspended from to keep it from spinning freely. If you go frame by frame you will see that this part rotates at a slightly faster speed than what is suspended below. notice the flutter in the edge as it turns.

My guess is a vacation film of some kind of tandem setup. Probably a Para-sail of some sort or a kite. I've seen tandem kite setups in the parks here. Some of the kites here look like they have 10 or 12 foot wing spans.That rig on top is probably to keep the lines from fouling. It looks like a device Riggers use to stabilize loads being lifted by a Crane and keep them from spinning. I recognize the shape from my younger Construction Worker days.

Nothing to see here that I can tell.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
well which is it..a kite or a parasail? I know skeptics love the kite theory but you cant combine it all up! Show me an example of a kite parasail lantern it sounds amazing piece of engineering, this model especially looks amazing it must be for sale online somewhere?

Originally posted by ExquisitExamplE
[qu Worker days.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildone106
well which is it..a kite or a parasail?

Don't know and I don't care enough to put up with someone with a bad attitude today. Try a search of your own. Do your own analysis, eh? Here is a hint. Search for "Spinners" on a Kite site as it is likely what the last object is with some lights attached. Contribute something positive to the thread, EH!

It is an Unknown Suspended Object. A USO

Parasailing
Note the photo from Punta Cana.

Errorist,
Sorry and nice find

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Sorry if I was not clear. It is suspended as are all the objects. A suspended object always pivots from the point at which it is connected as does the last object in the film. It is too obvious to not notice. This is not CG work and I'm qualified to say that. I was too tired last night to look any further.

I took it apart today. Here is a blow up of one of the objects showing the device it is suspended from to keep it from spinning freely. If you go frame by frame you will see that this part rotates at a slightly faster speed than what is suspended below. notice the flutter in the edge as it turns.

My guess is a vacation film of some kind of tandem setup. Probably a Para-sail of some sort or a kite. I've seen tandem kite setups in the parks here. Some of the kites here look like they have 10 or 12 foot wing spans.That rig on top is probably to keep the lines from fouling. It looks like a device Riggers use to stabilize loads being lifted by a Crane and keep them from spinning. I recognize the shape from my younger Construction Worker days.

Thanks for elaborating. I think you're right that the piece on the top rotates a bit faster than the rest. I've also noticed that at :5 seconds you can see a second object enter the bottom left as the camera pans.

I think you may be correct that the first two are some sort of kite, I'm less sure about the last two.

In the third clip there is no stabilizer coming from the top, and I swear I can hear what sounds like a jet intake as it passes by (turn up your speakers)

Here are a couple small enhancements I did on the object in the last clip:

1) Unsharp mask, median-

2) Unsharp mask, solarize, invert red-

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Ha! There are 4 flying objects not 3. Go to the very end of the video, at the 0:01 mark on the timer. Look in the very right top corner between the trees, another set of lights. Someone please help me post an image of this, I can't seem to do it for some reason...

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Project_Silo
Dude give it up.The damm video is real..........That does not mean its aliens,negative it means some guys made some cool looking stuff...Nothing in this video suggests it is fake,but it is certainly not a alien invasion.

All I'm saying is that I've looked for similar parasailing rigs and none of them have exactly the same set up. Now, logically, that would either indicate that this particular resort/beach has parasails that nobody else on Earth has (doubtful), or that maybe somebody took some interesting parasail video and maybe erased the drunken tourist hanging from the rig, added lights, or something else.

But rather than just tell me I'm wrong, why don't you offer some actual input as to why you think I'm proven wrong? Present something that we can all evaluate. That's how debate is conducted. "Dude give it up" is not a very convincing argument. And unless you can come up with something better, then we're going to have to assume that it's something mundane but unrecognized, because we have no reason to jump to the conclusion that it's something extraordinary.

Okay, now try it again.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I offered opinion,just as you did...nuff said..As far as im concerned your picture proves nothing,unless these days somehow the poeple ride on top of the sail...

Try what again?I still completely stand by everything i said.Dude........

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Found another image on that 4th flying object...but darnit I don't know how to post the image....The image is at the 00:09 on the timer...Looks like set of white lights...in the middle of the video. This is the same one that I saw between the trees at the end of the video....Weird!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join