It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hate Those Liberal Double Standards?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Better chew on this S-L-O-W-L-Y...

Guess who just signed on to defend long time basher of LIBERAL DOUBLE STANDARDS, Rush Limbaugh?

No, not famed CRIMINAL defender and Kennedy-Smith attorney Roy Black that Rush went crying to seconds after the National Enquirer outed him... we knew that.

It's Rush enemy number #1, the ACLU to the rescue! Don't believe me turn on FOX News... they can't even figure out how to make the words come out.

Yes, those dastardley Lib Lawyers that represent the worst of the worst... fighting that uphill battle to protect only that free speech that promotes their secular agenda. (All Rush words.) They are in the pits fighting to keep that hypocrite on the air bashing them and shilling for the very Patriot Act that allows invasions of privacy like the one crybaby Rush NEEDS THE ACLU to save him from.

Read it again, digest and understand. Who has double standards? Which is more dangerous? The ACLU or John Ashcroft? Not sure? ASK RUSH LIMBAUGH!

Better think before you bash a lib. You right wing pot smokers and pro-choice Republicans and FULL BLOWN HYPOCRITES just may NEED THE ACLU one day too.

This is officially BIGGER than Clinton's penis. Get used to it. And get used to the ACLU, and NEVER being able to say a DAMN thing about so called LIBERAL DOUBLE STANDARDS again.

This made my day. If you hate liberals, I hope it ruined yours.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
If nothing else your post only strengthens my argument that this particular liberal organization is contradictory (they can't figure out what they believe) in its ideology. However, being that Mr. Limbaugh broke the law and bought black market drugs paid for , at one time or another, by our tax money, to me that now puts him on the other side of the dime so I say he's in good company. Yep, a contradictory match made in a drug induced heaven. Maybe they can argue to let our tax money pay for his rehab too.

-Cain

[Edited on 13-1-2004 by astrocreep]

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Allow me to EXPLAIN what the ACLU believes in...

As it turns out, it was EXACTLY what they've been saying ALL ALONG!!!

"It may seem odd that the ACLU has come to the defense of Rush Limbaugh," the state chapter's executive director, Howard Simon, said in a statement. "But we have always said that the ACLU's real client is the Bill of Rights and we will continue to safeguard the values of equality, fairness and privacy for everyone, regardless of race, economic status or political point of view."
www.newsmax.com

So now you know what THEY believe in... DO YOU?

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I don't really like Rush. He's too far right. He's a Hypocrit. I don't like him.

I used to respect him a little, but after this last fiasco I've lost all of it for him. He's just another one of those 'far-from-centre' loud-mouths. We don't need them.

*edit-he's not a politician, he's a loud-mouth. I was typing and thinking too fast*

[Edited on 13-1-2004 by joehayner]

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Not weird at all, Joe. The only people that don't change their minds are extremists like you said. Issues are much more gray than black & white as most commentators (on both sides) would have us believe.

What I can't stand are huge, sweeping statements like "The ACLU is the most dangerous organization in America" that not only aren't true, but are only said for ratings and book sales.

It will be interesting if Bill O'Reilly that has lived and breathed this claim about the ACLU for months now, will comment on the Rush case. I for one will be watching tonight, to see if HE can change his mind, or decides to SPIIIIIIIN like a top so as not to be proven wrong.

Being moderate means you're at least half right all the time.
No spin required.

[Edited on 13-1-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
ACLU has defended the KKK rights before anyone that thinks they only defend liberals is a moron. No one thought that right?

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DiRtYDeViL
ACLU has defended the KKK rights before anyone that thinks they only defend liberals is a moron. No one thought that right?

I know that, and you know that... but people like RUSH and O'REILLY like to pretend they ONLY defend people they cherry pick to make policy that supports their "secular agenda". You're right, it's an obvious case for the ACLU. And it's obvious what they do... DEFEND CIVIL LIBERTIES through extreme cases in a slippery slope environment.

So the question should be what morons made Rush and O'Reilly rich buying their LIES about the ACLU they used to support THEIR OWN POLITICAL AGENDA? $$$

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
So the question should be what morons made Rush and O'Reilly rich buying their LIES about the ACLU they used to support THEIR OWN POLITICAL AGENDA? $$$

Rush and O'Reilly are not news they are entertainers. If people really believe their spin it�s sad it�s not news it�s pure entertainment. O'Reilly is a shock jock and so is Rush no different then Howard Stern.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I'm not a fan of extremists. Left or Right. America is far better off without them.

I have no beef with O'Reilly though. I think he's a moderate-conservative, but he's just loud. I don't think he's very polite either.(same reason Colonel bothers me)

[Edited on 13-1-2004 by joehayner]

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
astrocreep: The reason why the ACLU is stepping in here is the civil liberties that were violated in obtaining certain records of Rush. The authorities did not back track through years of receipts and pharmacy records. They went straight in and took Rush Limbaugh's medical records which are what you could call holy. Medical records are supposed to be turned over only after every reasonable opportunity and lead is exhausted. What Rush did was wrong and he should be punished for it, but it still gives no right to the authorities to come in and suspend his civil liberties. Unless he is a terrorist...!

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I've always thought that when the ACLU is good, they're very good. But when they're bad, they're very bad. I can never fully support them since there are some things they do that I disagree with. All things considered though, I'm glad they exist.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
It does my heart good to see you dope smokin' libs pissed off at the ACLU for representing Rush. Sure, Rush is a hypocrite and I don't really like him. However, I hate anyone who is for the redistribution of wealth. I don't have a lot of money, and I sure as hell don't want to give what I have to some dope smokin' lib who is on disability for some #*% drug addiction. If you libs want communism please go to China (Oh!! That's right, they won't have you??)

P.S. I do however like O'Reilly, The American public has been lied too for decades by the Liberal Media. Finally a network (FOX) has decided to remove the Liberal Left twist to the news and all of a sudden the Libs cry "FOWL". Stop crying and get used to the truth!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I meant "to" in the above reply!

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I am sure that rush will do the right thing and tell the aclu where to stick it and put his trust in the police and the fairness of the DA

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I'll bet the DA's a "Commi lovin' Lib" Too

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Why should this suprise anyone?? If you read the ACLU's about us page, you will see that they are not a "liberal leaning" organization, nor are they a "liberal double standard" as this post is entitled. They are a group that defends the rights of anyone, from the most conservative person i.e. Limbaugh, to the most leftist person i.e. Michael Moore.

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) is our nation's guardian of liberty, working daily in courts, legislatures and communities to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed to all people in this country by the Constitution and laws of the United States

[Edited on 18-1-2004 by TheCatalyst]

tr

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I don't know where I fit in....

I think Rush is right 2% of the time.

I think Bush is crazy.

I think the ACLU has a good reason for doing what they do.

I think The Catholic Church I was raised in is way off sometimes.

I think Jesus is the Son of God

I think protestants have good points.

i think athiests are nuts

I think the protestants have gone off the deep end.

I think homosexuality is explicitly condemned along with just about everything else.

I think Right wing politicians are dear to hitlers heart

I believed it when I was taught that hitler was evil

I think too much.

Its no wonder my family and friends avoid me.

I agree with the ACLU the flag burning Amendment is wrong, and a tool designed to undermine the constitution.

I am a vet.

I have had a couple of friends who were gay/ lesbian.

I had beers with them I did not want to harm them.

I am disgusted by their ways. I hate it when they come on to me. I heard them say they did not believe in Christ. Maybe he was a prophet, they thought. (Denying all that he said. and did. Prophets don't walk on water or heal the sick instantly or make the blind see.

I agree with the pope that Bush is a criminal for making war on Iraq with out international approval

i think the pope and everyone who think that's pot is evil are wrong.

I think some people shouldn't smoke pot.

I think some people shouldn't drink.

I can't believe Rush Limbaugh announces himself as "Talent on Loan from God" and engaged in a conversation with someone, on MY RADIO, about OTHER people who think they know everything and complained about how THEY try to tell others how to think.

I can't believe George Bush is president.

I sometimes think our whole Congress and president are communist clones of our real congress and president.

I think they have been spending way too much time in China.

I agree with Kentucky Senator Mitch McConnell the flag burning amendment is wrong.

I can't believe he's a good bud of W.

I don't know what side I'm on because everyone is so f--ed up.

I think that shortly before 9-11-01 a red fireball was reported entering the atmosphere over the east coast.

Could that have been one of the biblical seals being broken or Satan entering into the atmosphere ?

I am I nuts?

are you?

[Edited on 19-1-2004 by tr]

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by krankinkx
It does my heart good to see you dope smokin' libs pissed off at the ACLU for representing Rush.

Do you not read before speaking or just have comprehension problems? Liberals are thrilled the ACLU is defending Rush. We just won a twenty year long argument about so called double standards.

Here's the abridged version: You lost.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by krankinkx
It does my heart good to see you dope smokin' libs pissed off at the ACLU for representing Rush.

Do you not read before speaking or just have comprehension problems? Liberals are thrilled the ACLU is defending Rush. We just won a twenty year long argument about so called double standards.

Here's the abridged version: You lost.

Lol!
It just goes to show what an even bigger hypocrite Limbaugh is, now that the ACLU is supporting him.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DiRtYDeViL

Rush and O'Reilly are not news they are entertainers. If people really believe their spin it�s sad it�s not news it�s pure entertainment. O'Reilly is a shock jock and so is Rush no different then Howard Stern.

Don't you DARE hide behind that excuse, they are only entertainers when it suits them, the rest of the time they are republican attack dogs that preach time and time again about the evils of the liberally biased media (WHAT BIAS?) yet they decide to roll over and play nice whenever their ass is on the chopping board.

Howard Stern = Funny man, overhyped but still funny
Rush Limbaugh = Moron who spreads vicious slander about anyone to the left of extreme right.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join