It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Propaganda info seeded in Buffy the Vampire Slayer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Sound incredible? The musical episode of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer has hidden information pointing to US PR firms ran by the CIA. They have supported dictators and US companies.

Here is my articles.

The full episode analysis.

redge777.wordpress.com...

Just the CIA PR connection. If you make it to the end of this page it is pretty good.

redge777.wordpress.com...

[edit on 1-8-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Wow. Really. I think you are definitely OVER analyzing a TV show which is definitely a work of FICTION.A CIA connection?
Sorry but I just don't see it.

MODs not to be rude but I believe this is for Skunkworks.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
The question of the connection can not be disputed. The connection is on the PR companies own web page. You obviously did not read any of it.

So the question is how did I find a CIA backed PR firm? How did I find a intelligence community magazine publication. You can question that, I found it twice using the same procedure analysing a tv show.

Twice the same method works.

Who would guess cross referancing the "Strange Enstrangement" and "Hugs and puppies" would lead to a cia backed company.

Or Network and "retro pastiche"

I do over analyize, it was a thought process to bring the clues out.

[edit on 1-8-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Buffy symbolizes a person who is just begining to see the world differently. The conspiracy therorist, the protester, the scholar writing a book contridicting the official version of events or explanasions.

Is that right?
I thought starting from episode one she was already a "full-on" slayer.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
She is a full on slayer, I only claim that the deeper level hidden meaning of this episode is of a person waking up

episode intro sees her brought back from dead

episode starts with her in bed stareing at a alarm clock going off

She then questions, what does this all mean

She then looks inside and figures it out, she chooses to walk into the fire.

She then confronts the bad evil.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Redge777

Now I have a guilty little secret I LOVE Buffy, I have seen every episode and "Once more with Feeling" has to be in my top ten - it is genius!!! Joss Whedon and the team involved in Buffy were indeed highly astute and as the series progressed the use of symbolism was highly sophisticated. Correct me if I am wrong but I don't feel as though you are a Buffy buff. Many of the points that you raise in your essay are tenuous at least and have no cohesive argument when the series is taken as a whole. The episode in question does not stand alone in my opinion and I should imagine taken in that context it would seem a bit strange.

Don't get me wrong, I think that it is perfectly possible that Buffy is carrying certain messages but I don't think that you have hit on the meaning of any of them. Believe me, if you were to watch the entire last two series you would see the bigger picture. Personally I just found the programme highly entertaining and pure escapism - I wasn't ever looking for a 'higher meaning' or subtext.

The episode intro shows her being brought back from the dead because at the beginning of that series she WAS brought back from the dead and then had to dig herself out of her own grave as her friends had not realised they had suceeded - this left her traumatised and dislocated.

She is questioning what all this means because she has come back from the dead and she was happier dead - as we find out she thought she was in heaven and life to her is now hell - it is hard being the slayer and being responsible for everyone else.

Now I could go on, but I feel I should at least attempt to retain some semblence of credibility...

As I said there is plenty of symbolism in Buffy and yes i think it is highly probable that the network or whoever commissioned/funded the production had an ulteria motive but you unfortunately have taken one episode and seemingly missed the point entirely. Just as one example, Buffy's sister Dawn, is the "Key", not human but entrusted to the slayer to keep it from evil use - this is why Buffy in fact died at the end of the previous series, preventing the key from being used to open up hell and allowing the innocence that is Dawn to be preserved. This is why Dawn is a bit messed up and dabbling in kleptomania.

You could pick up any episode of Buffy, especially the last two series which were quite hard core in comparison to those prior and apply similar analyse to the one you have constructed but i think you would miss the point again unless you view the whole. I'm not sure what you would find, I admittedly just found the series highly entertaining, but I think you would definately realise that you have to date entirely missed the point.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
In responce to the previous post, I am not a Buffy expert.

agreed

agreed

and agreed

I have seen the entire series, but only after this episode, this was one of the first I saw. so my enitial interpetation did stand alone, therby creating this different view.

I do know the heaven brought from the dead plot device. I only presume to do as you said and seperate this episode. I do go over the top, the reason for this is to show my interpretation, my thought process.

I imagine the author changed some lines late in 2001 to adress a new paradymn the US was in. It may have been a divergence from the main themes because of the change in social events taking place at that time.

I believe the change of direction in the last two episodes reflects a change in the US society near the same time, this actually supports my arguement that the author was commenting on society, although not my individual assertions.

The author may have been effected by the 2000 election, events of 2001, or some other change within the distribution of influence of his sector of the industry.

[edit on 2-8-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
You have got to be kidding me.

Xander: She wheezes
Anya: Say ‘housework’ and he freezes.

Somehow translates to "Wheezy"?

You're acting like Cartman trying to prove that Kyle was responsible for 9/11.
Do us all a favor and stop watching TV and go outside and get some fresh air to your brain. Sometimes people are actually creative and write TV shows for people's enjoyment, not everything is as sinister and multi-layered as you think.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I actually do not see this as sinister, if you read it I state that it is a commentary by the author on media control, that is helpful and hopefull not sinister.

I showed all the possible conclusions, then you throw out the ones that are too much of stretch, if you do not look you will not find anything.

I say that I go over the top.

Just like you can not assume something means something, you can't assume a line means nothing. You have to make it past a few over the top assertions to find the ones that do match.

[edit on 2-8-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Yeah, but.....it's Buffy.
And if anything, go back to the fourth season and watch the episodes with the secret government group and post about that.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Alice in Wonderland was just a girl chasing a rabit. I am only saying I am seeing social comentary, I go over the top to point that out.

You can easily say my comments are overblown, I say that, I found anything to spark the thought process.

You can say my interpretation is wrong.

You can not say that simple tv shows do not have underlying themes. Look at the social commentary of Star Trek, or the moral and stories behind Twighlight zone.

Buffy is loaded with social commentary, although mine is not mainstream, and is impossibly too much in some places, very few fans would say the authors where not making some point or another.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by HeadFirstForHalos
Yeah, but.....it's Buffy.
And if anything, go back to the fourth season and watch the episodes with the secret government group and post about that.

That is so funny, if you read the Blackwell page you would see how it led me to Blackwell Synergy's The Journal of American Culture, a publication with some very stunning articles, and a company intro that reinforces my argument about media and control.

Also their editor is a professor at a college in Norfolk Virginia, guess what she looks like the professor in the goverment conspiracy shows.

Read the blackwell page, regardless how rediculous my arguments are, it still, for you, coincidentlaly, led me to that collection of articles, that anyone would conclude is conected with intelligence. I found those connections first search first entry. Just followed the hints.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
roflmao

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777
Alice in Wonderland was just a girl chasing a rabit. I am only saying I am seeing social comentary, I go over the top to point that out.

Though you did go over the top as you point out, you do indeed have a point. All media is in some way attempting to convey some message on one level or another. I recommend that you read Bartes' Mythologies, which offers some insight into this.

Having a young child, I sometime find when I am reading the traditional stories such as Grimm and things like Puss in Boots, that the subtext is quite overwhelming. The example you give of Alice in Wonderland is pointed and anyone who has read Alice through the Looking Glass will see how Lewis Caroll then took that premise to the next level. Similarly the allegory to be found in the Lord of the Rings Trilogy and so many more. Loading literature with symbolism and social commentary is as old as literature. The same applies to film - think Battleship Potemkin and Metropolis and I am sure you will agree.

The birth of psychology and a true understanding of the power of propaganda changed everything - the Rockerfeller Foundations promotion of Behavioural sciences sought not to understand humanity but to control and shape it. As the late, great Erich Fromm put it:

"(behavioural sciences and Rockfeller Foundation)..are interested mainly in what man does and how he can be made to do what he does....They have to a considerable extent become an obstacle to and a substitute for the development of the integrated science of man." (Source: The Anatomy of Human Destructiveness by Erich Fromm 1974).

We should all be aware of the hidden messages in TV and the more popular the series, like Buffy, the more they are going to seek to use it to direct our thinking. Some are more subtle than others. Joss Whedon and similarly Chris Carter broke certain moulds but that does not mean that they retained editorial control and that their creations were not used by powerful groups to direct our thinking. I would guess that they were targeted because of their popularity, an independent production company still requires distribution and those distributors have to satisfy their revenue providers etc etc.

In my opinion, though you may be off the mark that does not mean you haven't got the right idea - take a look at Bartes for a start, it may give you some insight - similarly I can't remember the author but there is an excellent book called Representing Reality that you may find helpful.

Best wishes.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:22 AM
link   
The links to the episode are being pulled, if anyone wants to see an over the top analysis of messages seeded in pop culture check out the threads in original post. Parts of the episode are no longer available, almost to late.

This was what woke me up, the over the top was just fun at first, but the meaning of standing, facing, and walking into the fire is one I can now feel again, even when done alone.

Buffy: I touch the fire and it freezes me
I look into it it is black
Why can’t I feel?
My skin should crack and peel
I want the fire back!

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I also like this show, Heroes. So I figured I would add the clip, hey it has a cheerleader walking through fire in it also...

[edit on 17-10-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Well if you knew anything about Joss Whedon the creator he is very much into conspiracy theories so many of the things on the show dont surprise me. If you look at any of his shows really they are the same formula in a way. I really like his latest "Dollhouse."
I was watching an interview with him and he was talking about MK Ultra and mind control and the Illuminati it was pretty awesome. Buffy is my all time favorite show ever! I watch it regularly and I always catch something new when I watch it.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I think you are right in your assements around Buffy being a platform of subliminal propaganda and to be honest this Tv serie is not the only one using these kind of powerabuse.

I have been made aware of several Hit series which are using their show to promote, and especially (now it comes and its not ment in any slurring way when i mention it) the Jewish religion seems to be mentioned in a lot of shows, I am an avid tv series viewer and it caught my attention a year and half ago and i started to pay close attention and to my surprising amazement my theory was not that off course.

One answer to why it is Jewish religion being pushed forward in subliminal messages and plots in tv series and movies is that almost all movie and television producing companies somehow are owned by Jewish business men and hence, ofcouse if it was me, I would also lace the shows with my idea of life philosophy.

Best regards

Loke .:.

top topics

join