It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I being overly sensitive..?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Something is not sitting right with me at the moment as I just found, on my work photocopier, what appears to be a sweepstake taking place on when someones dog will die.

It has a note at the bottom "If the dog is put down all bets will be honoured".

Being a lover of dogs I may be over reacting, but is this not a little too close to the mark?

I was thinking of telling my boss but am unsure what exactly would be done.

Your views would be appreciated.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Well with the lack of response from yous lot, I'll have to assume I'm overeacting.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I just don't know what to say here.That is just terrible.Is there anything people won't bet on? I don't think telling your boss would be a good idea, as it would not take long for word to spread that you"tattled" and would single you out.As disgusting as your co-workers seem to be, I really don't think there is anything you can do.BTW there is nothing wrong with how you are feeling and wanting to take action.However sometimes you have to know when taking action will do more harm than good.:shk:

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I don't have a problem with rocking the boat Accessdenied, if I take the moral high ground I care not who's nose I put out of joint.

I was trying to work out what possible action would take place if I were to report it, and other than some kind of back lash on me, I couldn't see anything being done.

I wouldn't react the same way had it been a Hamster or Guinea Pig, but dogs become members of the household and can be around for a long time.

What amazes me is the volume of people who seem to be joining in without questioning the ethics.

I think its just a reflection of how typically ignorant society is becoming.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
I was thinking of telling my boss but am unsure what exactly would be done.

Well I guess its pointless addressing it with my boss as he just came up and asked if I wanted to join in the sweepstake.....:shk:

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
:shk:Wow that is unbelievable. What did you say? What did you do?Wow these people need a bash on the head.I agree a dog is part of the family.Ours past away a few months ago from cancer, he was with us 12 years.Would these people take out a sweepstake betting on a persons death too?Really, really sad. I'm sorry you have to endure working everyday with people like that.:bash:

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Sorry for the delay in getting back.

I just said no as did the guy sitting next to me, who at 18 has a far greater understanding of empathy than I did at his age.

What amazes me about this situation, is that many of the people taking part in the sweepstake were at first calling it bad taste or heartless then proceeded to choose a date for the dogs demise whilst laughing or smiling.

I took Friday and Monday off, and heard no word of it today, maybe someone with a bit more clout disagreed with it, I'll let you know if anything develops.

Thanks for the interest AccessDenied

Edit: D amended

[edit on 31-7-2007 by Koka]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
No problem.Just make sure you capitalize the D AccessDenied.There is another member with a similar name.At least you have one co-worker with some decency.Iam still in shock over your story.Sheeple make me sick.Thanks for the update.

top topics

join