It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA Warns of "Dry Runs" at airports

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

(U) Incidents at U.S. Airports May Suggest Possible Pre-Attack Probing

(U//FOUO) A surge in recent suspicious incidents at U.S. airports may indicate terrorists are conducting pre-attack security probes and “dry runs” similar to dress rehearsals. Past terrorist attacks and plots show that such testing generally indicates attacks will soon follow, according to a joint FBI and Homeland Security assessment.

(U//FOUO) Transportation security personnel and law enforcement officers nationwide have intercepted several items at airports resembling improvised explosive device (IED) components. These items include wires, switches, pipes or tubes, cell phone components, and dense clay-like substances. The unusual nature and increase in number of these improvised items raise concern, and TSA personnel should continue vigilance for groupings of ordinary items that look like IED components. Terrorists may repeat operational tests to desensitize, distract, or adapt plans for specific environments. Linking repetitious probing incidents or associated items possibly could alert authorities to future terrorist plots, tactics, and personalities.

www.theaviationnation.com...

Been a number of incidents at airports where X Ray scanners have
detected suspect items - blocks of chesse or clay, taped tp cellphones or
wires - security officals believe these are "probes" to test defenses
against bombs.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The airports scare might be a distraction for different target or targets... by who ever is plotting something big...

What i'm trying to say is don't focus too much on airports people other things can be targets as well!!

And be safe

[edit on 25-7-2007 by IspyU]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I cannot believe that this is being reported all over the news. What sense does that make? Why not just open up our doors and let the terrorists walk in and examine all of our security plans?

It would seem to me that we could use this info to track down cells, etc., instead of broadcasting to the world "Hey, we know what you're up to"!

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This is just more scare tactics.

Hmm maybe ill do dry runs with stuff that looks like a bomb, because they aren't looking for that stuff already.

Sorry, but I'm not buying the fact that "terrorists" are making fake bombs out of blocks of cheese and water packs. I saw the news i saw what they were talking about it was ridiculous.

First of all you to get a bomb onto a plan you wouldn't make it look like a bomb.
Second why get caught doing a dry run?

I'm really getting tired of the news reporting this crap when they should be promoting the impeachment of the president and staff.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by IspyU
The airports scare might be a distraction for different target or targets... by who ever is plotting something big...

What i'm trying to say is don't focus too much on airports people other things can be targets as well!!

And be safe

[edit on 25-7-2007 by IspyU]

Exactly, I dont think the next one will involve airplanes ... that would be stupid and a waste of planning, members, etc when it fails.

My gut feeling is that the next one will be a large number of suicide bombers blowing themslevesup in as many big cities as possible at the same time to spread maximum fear ... and there is very little you can do to stop a suicide bomber unless you have a gun right then and there and can shoot them but since most people dont walk around with guns everywhere they go and since the cops cant be everywhere at once its not likely they will be stopped.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
As said above, airports arent the key.
Sept11 ( if it really was terrorists ) was done to perfection..
why attempt another 'air-liner' attack? Im sure security officials ironed out enough of the holes in security for it to be difficult.
There's plenty of other ways to strike, and easier too

I suggest 4 truck bombs....

1 at the northern gate of the whitehouse, the other at the southern.
then, once the first truck has blown the fence and security apart, the bigger truck bomb drives straight into the whitehouse...

[edit on 25-7-2007 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
If they're so sure these were "dry runs", why have their been no arrests?

It doesn't make sense to me.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Maybe there have been no arrests because they are tracking the people doing the dry runs?

Also, imo, we need to watch our seaports and waterways more closely. What damage could be caused by detonating a small nuke offshore of a densely populated area, like LA?

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
If they're so sure these were "dry runs", why have their been no arrests?

It doesn't make sense to me.

EXACTLY !

So much of this "new terrorist information" is total rubbish !

We know there are cells in the US but they haven't been arrested ?
We know there are cells in route to the US but we can't stop them ?
We know there are cells raising $ in the US but we can't jail them ?
We know there are cells pulling dry runs in the US but we haven't caught them ?

LIES !
ALL LIES !

And don't forget the best of them all :

We have a gut feeling about this summer but no evidence !

Excuse me while I go throw up a little bit, I think my brain is bleeding.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Here is an article today which explains some of the incidents and it appears that it has been blown out of proportion.

It is good to be aware and reassuring that the screeners are looking, but twisting the facts to scare the public doesn't seem to be a good practice.

It seems someone wants the public to be on edge.....

I wonder who?

Officials differ over Lindbergh incident

At a time when Americans often seem whipsawed by government alerts over terrorism, federal officials themselves don't always see eye-to-eye on the level of threat.
Case in point: the recent discovery of two ice packs at Lindbergh Field and the schism that surfaced yesterday over their importance.

Federal security officials were at odds over the accuracy of their own bulletin saying the ice packs might be part of a possible pre-attack “dry run” by terrorists.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Possible explanations for these incidents are:

1) Nuts - there are always few whack jobs who do crazy stuff - keeps
cops, fire, EMS busy with their antics. Some nuts do it for attention
and to screw with system

2) Distraction - send some people in to tweak the system and divert
attention away from main activities. Web site Strategypage
(www.strategypage.com), which deals with military and security matters
and is highly reliable reported that some Muslims as part of jihad would
create disruptions simply to cause alarm and mess with everyone.

3) Probes - these are real incidents designed to test system. see how
observant screeners are, how sensitive X rays are. What threashold
could objects be determined. Al Queada has always conducted extensive
target reasearch before operations - 9/11 hijackers made several flights
before, actor James Woods spotted one group during flight to CA,
reported it to airlines/FBI and was ignored.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Well, I dunno. If they do use planes again, it would be a huge slap in the face to the US. I mean, after all the measures, curtailed rights, long lines and whatnot, to be able to use a plane or planes again seems like it would be a big middle finger in the sky...saying "you can't do anything right..." Trust, what little there is, would plummet, stocks would be dumped, and commodity shipping would halt in it's tracks.

Perhaps not flying into buildings, but blowing them up while in flight...yes, that would be a huge issue. Can you imagine the terror that a duplicate event would cause? Huge...it would bring the airline industry to a standstill, at least here in the US. And if the airline sector goes down, we will have serious problems as a society as a whole.

And don't forget Project Bojinka...the blueprints are already developed.

Regards-
Aimless

new topics

top topics

join