It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET news article front page Washington Post

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   
A very surprising article apparently on the front page of the washington Post, July 8th 2007.
This is significant I believe. Could we be at a turning point in regards to the attitude towards alien visitation?

At Roswell Festival, Doubt Is an Alien Concept

I got word of this through the PRG newsletter. Here's an extract from the letter.

PRG's political action committee, X-PPAC, and executive director Stephen Bassett were featured in a front page article written by William Booth in the Sunday, July 8, 2007 Washington Post. This article is significant for a number of reasons:

1) nothing makes it onto the front page of a major daily such as the Washington Post without being cleared by the front page editorial committee.

2) William Booth remarkably balanced the fun & games, serious core issues and some fringe thinking which made up the 60th Roswell Anniversary Festival. Notably, he showed he has been paying attention to exopolitical developments.

3) in PRG's view the article was a milestone for the Post because it represented the first time the paper:

- used the term "truth embargo" in the ET context

- used the term "disclosure" in the ET context

- placed Bassett or X-PPAC on the front page

- put Richard Dolan into a front page article

- put Dr. Roger Leir into a front page article

- referred to the abduction issue on the front page

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
The Washington Post has broken some major stories in the past, perhaps this is a lead up to something further that they're investigating.

It'll be interesting to see if they follow up with any further stories on this subject.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Hmmm... I wonder if the William Booth who wrote the article also happens to be the Billy Booth who writes the About.com UFOs / Aliens page?

It would certainly explain why the matter was taken seriously

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
If i remember my history right was it not the Washington post which first broke the Watergate Scandal? if so perhaps they are about to run

" CosmicGate: An Ailen Revealation!"

You gotta admit it makes a great headline banner on the front of your morning paper !

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
If I remember my history correctly didn't the Washington Post also do due diligence in the July 19th 1952 weekend flap as well? Didn't they also cover this with a 50th anniversary article in 2002?

I don't think the various "Posts" do much by accident... is the agenda purely sales? Or something more substantial and integrated with other "news" coroparations and their editorial masters? Hmmm. Who might be the audience they are "playing" to? Lots of little MSM "bits" recently "salted" from Fox to CNN and many in between. Liberal lubrication? Conservative contrivance? Or just terrible trivia?

Interesting, if on the
and

Vic

[edit on 18-7-2007 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Hmm.... Intriguing to say the least. Thanks for posting it.

Although the reporter couldn't resist a little tongue-in-cheek banter at least he avoided the typical media coverage that ridicules the entire topic as 'loonies chasing little green men', etc.

I especially like the closing comments:

...but the treasure trove [of alien/ufo information] belongs to the U.S. government, and strangely, disclosure has not yet become an issue on the presidential campaign.

The question is why. (emphasis mine)

Hopefully a few of the stuffed shirts in D.C. will also see this and start coming over from "the dark side" to push for disclosure...

Nice find - thanks!

[edit-fix qt]

[edit on 7/18/2007 by Outrageo]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Nice find squiz

That was one of the more respectful articles I've read about U.F.O's by the mainstream media.

originally posted by anxietydisorder

The Washington Post has broken some major stories in the past, perhaps this is a lead up to something further that they're investigating.

Good point. I know there has been alot of coverage about U.F.O's lately,but it's hard to tell right now due to the Roswell anniversary and such.

It'll be interesting to see if they follow up with any further stories on this subject.

That's pretty much how I feel about it right now.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Seems like a 'warm-up' to what is really under wraps.

This couldn't be posted in the news without an ok from the 'higher ups.'

Something is going down in the world. I'm quite interested to see how this next year turns out
. Should be very exciting to say the least.

Either we're headed down the path of fascist dictatorship, or there are a lot of government officials jumping ship ready for a change and wish to side with the civilians.

'The truth shall set you free.'

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

Yep, the Post also did something about the March of V's in D.C. earlier this year...And they even wrote it up in a serious manner. The webpage I linked to contains a link to a PDF format photograph of the actual article.

Originally posted by squiz
(From OP's External Source)

- put Dr. Roger Leir into a front page article

Hmmm...I wonder if ATS' very own John Lear was there too? And if not, why not? After all, John should have had some extra time on his hands after being removed from Wikipedia.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Every time something like this happens everyone remembers for about a day. Then it gets put on the back burner and forgotten until the next piece of disclosure comes along. Each piece of the disclosure puzzle gets treated as if it is the first piece.
If having all of the important people throughout history come forward and tell their stories does not count, then who? when? how?.
Its always an eye opener for a minute or two then back to ignorance as usual.
It makes my stomach turn when I get hints of people expecting our president to make it official. HUH???
Put the puzzle together and see that disclosure is being spoon fed in itty bitty bites because that is all people seem to be able to handle.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I think the relevance of this article is sucked out completely by the fact that is was on the 60th anniversary of the Roswell incident.

We're a similar article published at any other time I'd certainly take notice.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Nice find squiz!

Now what I find intriguing in that article is this part...

On Friday night, Bassett told listeners of George Noory's "Coast to Coast AM" radio show, which beamed live from the convention center to 500 stations, that: "I believe the Democrats are planning disclosures in the first months of the next administration."

So if Hillary gets to become prez, will there be disclosure? I doubt it, as the powers that be, will ensure that she or anyone else dosen't rock the boat.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Well i have a therory about JFK who was a democrat. he started talking about a new Camelot shortly before that fateful day in Dallas. i think he was gonna spill the beans and he got killed for it.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Every time something like this happens everyone remembers for about a day. Then it gets put on the back burner and forgotten until the next piece of disclosure comes along. Each piece of the disclosure puzzle gets treated as if it is the first piece.
If having all of the important people throughout history come forward and tell their stories does not count, then who? when? how?.
Its always an eye opener for a minute or two then back to ignorance as usual.
It makes my stomach turn when I get hints of people expecting our president to make it official. HUH???
Put the puzzle together and see that disclosure is being spoon fed in itty bitty bites because that is all people seem to be able to handle.

I know it sucks that they posted this on the 60th annirversary of roswell, but you have to give them some kudos considering they didn't just revert to calling the whole thing magical and fantasies, or even people trying to communicate with beings from mars. Yay, maybe one day the public might smaten up and no matter who you talk to there well informed. Although, disclosure will never happen, but maybe we can talk to normal joe down the street about it and there really well informed. There's always next year

new topics

top topics

join