It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Military Command Center- A rare look inside the heart of the Pentagon!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
While I was online surfing through military stuff, I came across something interesting. There are actual pictures of the National Military Command Center (NMCC). The NMCC is the heart of the Pentagon. This is where the US Defense Department runs the military from. Check out some of these photos:

This is where the Pentagon fights wars from!

To see more check out The National Military Command Center

Tim

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Those pictures look about 20 years old... but nice to see, nonetheless :p

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
yeah, those cant be the current pictures. i would imagine things have evolved in leaps and bounds since those pics were taken. i noticed in the third picture that on the left most board is says "???ian earthquake relief" and an up close of some portion of land. if we can identify that maybe we can get a better sense of the time frame. ill do my best when i get home from work.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
duh, "Californian Earthquake Relief"... im speculating these photos are from around October 1989.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Hey thats a cool find. I agree, the pictures seem really dated, but its cool to see things like the stereotypical table full of phones and a red one. However in the last picture, those look like plasma flat screens or something along those lines so maybe that one isn't as old as the rest. Or they've been keeping us all in the dark about high definition for quite some time :-(

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
they could also be rear projection tv's... the technology has been around for a long time to anyone who could actually afford it... like the government.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Nacum
However in the last picture, those look like plasma flat screens or something along those lines so maybe that one isn't as old as the rest.

Those are rear-projection screens...similar to what we use in the NOC I currently work in, however those are much older. Old photos.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
They are very old indeed but its interesting to see how it was set up during the Cold War.

It's a lot more high-tech now with plenty of projection screens and computer equipment.

I wonder if it has been given a makeover, the White House Situation Room just got one.

new topics

top topics

join