It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Earth a Rare Comodity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Maybe the reason aliens are so interested in our planet is because we have an almost perfect ecosystem that can support basically any life.I mean look at how many planets weve seen without a hint of life on it exluding the ones the government witholds from us =/.Maybe alien species from all over come to us to gather dna for cloning animals or sperm and human eggs for reproduction. Who knows we could be one galactic pastry dish for the universe..lol a crummy thought i know.

Any ideas?

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   
If any lifeform from another planet came to this one, if their home planet's atmosphere wasn't exactly like ours they would die. For example, if a human is put into a room and the oxygen content of the air in that room drops only 5 percent, they will be dead within half an hour. The normal oxygen content of air at ground level is 20.946%.

I find it funny when people say "Isn't it lucky that our planet has all of the necessary things like oxygen and water and is the perfect distance from the sun?"
Well NO, it isn't luck. Humans evolved and adapted to the conditions. If Earth was where Mars is, then we'd be saying the same thing: "It's a good thing our planet is at this distance from the sun! Any closer and it would be far too hot!" I think the only thing that's 'lucky' is that we're oxygen-based lifeforms, but even then if another race was to come and observe us they could label us as moving slow, if their bodies were based on an even more volatile gas.

But I do see where you're coming from. There would be many many many other planets *like* Earth, but perhaps this one is the only one in this part of the galaxy. Is it hot property? I hope not!

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   
LOL! I can see it now BBC Changing Rooms with Lllwellyn Robert Bowen . A bit of terraforming here and there, a bit of Mayan here and Inca there. With a dash of human over there.

But yes getting back to more serious matters maybe we really are a shinining jewell......Life Earth take note !!

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I was watching a documentry about aliens and U.F.Os and it said that aliens came to our planet because in the early 1900s we set off an atmoic bomb. the radius of the blast went into space and alerted the aliens. The aliens heard this and came to visit our small planet.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The first atomic bomb was detonated a bit before the mid-point of the 1900s. Unless you are talking about the Siberian asteroid thingie, which was a space rock which exploded with the power of a small nuclear weapon.

That's pretty amazing. In all of history, the first atomic bomb was detonated slightly over 50 years ago. Ive never really thought of it like that.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Oh,

i thought you were going to question if Earth the planet
is special & rare and unique....like religious thought tells us.

the Hubble space telescope was the 1st to see the fluxuations in distant
stars (Suns) that indicated there were planets circling those suns...

so the the imagined 'uniqueness' of planet Earth has less merit than
what the faith communities say.
Since we cannot measure atmospheres of these other planets in these other Solar Systems...religion still has a finger hold on the 'rarity' of Earth.
but, in time, even type 'M' planets might well be 'seen' in distant solar systems. about all scientists can extrapolate from the mathematics of the
extra solar bulges of distant suns is that planets the size of our Saturn or Jupiter are as close as the Earth is to our own Sun...
~~some incredible stress on those space bodies & their angular momentum, huh~~

as far as an alien observation of the 1940s+ Atomic Blasts bringing them
here to investigate...

It would have taken several light years of traversing space for the blast to be recorded/observed (natural speed of light limit)- -

then the Alien intelligences having some sort of detector (luckly)aimed in the direction of Earth--

then the Aliens making an immediate response to
a Atomic/Nuclear/Hydrogen explosion on an otherwise 'quiet' point in space. And head here at Warp-Speed !!

Just too many impractacalities or incredible happenstances for the
'Atomic Bomb attracts Invaders from Space" model to be realistic,
sorry,...but that's just a opinion, & i could very well be wrong

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I posted a thread that was very similar to this one.
I was also wondering what is so special about us.

Visitors may not have had Nuclear Technology.

new topics

top topics

join