It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Polls in Iraq by BBC News*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   

New Polls in Iraq by BBC News*

An extra 30,000 US troops have been deployed in Iraq, mainly in and around the capital Baghdad, since the launch of the security drive or \"surge\" in February.
The BBC World Service is monitoring its effects, week by week, by looking at military casualty figures, the pressure on hospitals and quality of life for ordinary civilians.

The graphics and analysis are based on figures from the US and Iraqi authorities, Baghdad\'s hospitals and three families from different neighbourhoods in the capital.

(visit the link for the full news article)news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 6-7-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   
hrmmm thought the "surge" was supposed to be around 21,000..I think this war for profit is one if not the biggest mistake America has ever made.I hope we repair our image if we get the chance...

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Those civillian casualties really have climbed since the US deployed more troops...

I'm really beginning to think the whole point is to anger the local populace so this war can last as long as possible.

I suppose the only positive side to it is the money coming in to the American Military Industrial Machine. You can't sell more equipment if the original stuff isn't getting destroyed.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Both great points man,i shall ponder that today.We are arming one of the factions i forget wich one,but even if its the "friendliest" one in the end your still fueling the fight..

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
We must be arming the Shia militias because the Iraqi government is Shia. No, hang on.. Iran is arming the Shiites. We must be arming the Sunnis. The Sunnis are fighting against the Iraqi government?

Whatever.. it's been five years and they still get less than an hour a day of electricity in Baghdad. Our tax dollars at work.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Mythatsabigprobe,

ill have to dig up the article to know for sure,but ya your right our about the tax dollers.Iraq war = worst american mistake ever?

Anyway mainly wanted to respond because your name made me laugh,thanks

top topics

join