It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Air Force Towards 2015

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 05:15 PM
link   
CHINESE AIR FORCE TOWARDS 2015

Dr. Srikanth Kondapalli Research Fellow Institute for Defence Studies and Analysis

Paper presented at the National Seminar on 쁩r Power in Indian Securityrganized by Institute for Defence Studies & Analysis, At Gulmohar, Habitat Centre, New Delhi October 9-10, 2000

While China���People���Liberation Army Air force [PLAAF] did not possess among its ranks a person of the caliber of Admiral Liu Huaqing who was instrumental in steering the Chinese Navy in to a well articulated naval power projection scheme abroad till the period 2045 and beyond, concerted modernisation of the PLAAF in the last two decades have changed its profile gradually. Indications of the PLAAF acquiring a different image were given by no less than a figure than the then paramount Chinese leader Deng Xiaoping in 1979. Deng called the PLAAF to shed its defensive posture and launch itself in to a top-notch force with offensive capabilities. Much before the US Air Force exhibited its prowess in the Gulf War in 1991, Deng called upon the PLAAF to 쯢tain control of the skies.] Soon, the PLAAF leadership undertook a massive reorganization of its strategic direction, revamped its force structures, command and control mechanisms, initiated several new aviation programmes and transformed its training methods and educational system. A beginning was made in this period to 짡in theatre air superiority.]

The six versions of fighter aircrafts/fighter-bombers include FC-1, F-10 (to be developed by 2001 with Israeli technology), F-11 (a version of the re-designated Su-27 fighter aircraft), FBC-1 (JH-7 twin-engine strike fighter for long-range air cover missions), XJ-1 and a stealth aircraft.[13]Most of these developments in the Chinese aviation programme are bound to influence the air power capabilities of the country in the first two decades and beyond of the 21st Century, though other varieties may also be developed. Hence a brief evaluation of these programmes is necessary.

XXJ-1/XJ-1:

Tipped to be the most modern aircraft to be developed by China, the Xinjian-1 (new fighter) would be in the same class as that of the US F-22 aircraft. According to the US Office of Naval Intelligence, the XJ-1 project would come to fruition in about 2015. The design indicates that this multi-role fighter would have twin-engines. According to some reports this aircraft would have stealth features.

[edit on 18-6-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Well, if we think like this:

-Wich country is the biggest threat to the Chinese air force?

Answer: The USAAF

-What kind of planes does the biggest threat have, and what are the based on?

Answer: The "enemy" planes are based on stealth and speed

- How can you defeat these planes?

Answer: "Give them their own medicine stealth" and speed, but the main thing wold be MANEUVERABILITY!!! If you can build a plane with all these things your're air force is undefetable...

So they are building planes like that... That's whats good with the chinese air force, stealth, speed and maneuverability...

However the USAAF has secret planes too etc. the Aurora, 6.4 mach... WHOA

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Figher Master FIN
Well, if we think like this:

-Wich country is the biggest threat to the Chinese air force?

Answer: The USAAF

-What kind of planes does the biggest threat have, and what are the based on?

Answer: The "enemy" planes are based on stealth and speed

- How can you defeat these planes?

Answer: "Give them their own medicine stealth" and speed, but the main thing wold be MANEUVERABILITY!!! If you can build a plane with all these things your're air force is undefetable...

So they are building planes like that... That's whats good with the chinese air force, stealth, speed and maneuverability...

However the USAAF has secret planes too etc. the Aurora, 6.4 mach... WHOA

Actually though, most of you in here have no idea the capabilities of the USAF and its contractors. Northrop, Boeing, Lockheed, and etc. are working on and testing some amazing planes. I assume these are our craft being tested. Huge triangles that defy gravity and move like you wouldn't imagine. Some times you see red lights beneath the belly of these or you may see neon(glowing) blue lights. Some times just plain lights all lit up.
Most are triangle to pyramid shape and fly side to side or up and down and after hovering in one place for a couple hours, will be out of sight in the blink of an eye. Just spend an evening around the San Fransisco Bay area, near the Livermore Lab and you will see amazing stuff go on out of the Livermore airport

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Well, If you actually think that USAAF is the only air force in the world capable of good planes you're wrong... Of course they have good planes, but only because the budget is so much bigger then for instance Chinas, who just now has started to build their own planes. So just wait, and see, cos it may be that the chinese are coming... Not that I'am on their side or anything...

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Figher Master FIN
Well, If you actually think that USAAF is the only air force in the world capable of good planes you're wrong... Of course they have good planes, but only because the budget is so much bigger then for instance Chinas, who just now has started to build their own planes. So just wait, and see, cos it may be that the chinese are coming... Not that I'am on their side or anything...

So, the Chinese "are coming". Their problem is and always will be that they've started "coming" from so far behind the U.S. that the best they will ever be able to do is "get there", only to find that U.S. has already moved far beyond that point in technology.

Stated another way to help you understand, the U.S. would have to stop developing new technology for a number of years to even give the Chinese a chance to "catch up".

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Technology compounds.

New tech begets new tech. The development of a new wizzybang may open up a whole new direction of tech that was previously not even dreamed about. Technology compounds.

So, if technology compounds, its nearly impossible to predict where secret and "black" programs may actually be.

How can we know that some gizamaroo that was deveoped 30 years ago didnt open up a new line of technology that we as civilians know nothing about? Know so little we cant even speculate? And how do we know THAT gizamaroo didnt open up more tech doors and so on?

The bottom line?

We simply dont know. We all know military technology is more advanced than what we are told. But thats all we know.

My opinion? The US has some stuff. Some maybe amazing, but I bet most of it is just slightly more advanced than what they state officially. I dont believe that we have zero g and anti gravitic craft zipping about. Why dont I believe it? Because we are at war and we need that stuff if it exists. What are they saving it for if not war?

I certainly hope they have all the neat stuff, but I dont think we are quite there yet.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Technology compounds.

New tech begets new tech. The development of a new wizzybang may open up a whole new direction of tech that was previously not even dreamed about. Technology compounds.

So, if technology compounds, its nearly impossible to predict where secret and "black" programs may actually be.

How can we know that some gizamaroo that was deveoped 30 years ago didnt open up a new line of technology that we as civilians know nothing about? Know so little we cant even speculate? And how do we know THAT gizamaroo didnt open up more tech doors and so on?

The bottom line?

We simply dont know. We all know military technology is more advanced than what we are told. But thats all we know.

My opinion? The US has some stuff. Some maybe amazing, but I bet most of it is just slightly more advanced than what they state officially. I dont believe that we have zero g and anti gravitic craft zipping about. Why dont I believe it? Because we are at war and we need that stuff if it exists. What are they saving it for if not war?

I certainly hope they have all the neat stuff, but I dont think we are quite there yet.

I too, am somewhat a skeptic, about US black projects and their "wonders”. But only because I find that even the conservative claims are very exciting. There is little doubt that they are "up to something".

Unfortunately, I must respectfully disagree with your logic concerning why we do not have the advanced tech. It seems somewhat convoluted.

I don’t believe that we have zero g and anti gravitic craft zipping about. Why dont I believe it? Because we are at war and we need that stuff if it exists. What are they saving it for if not war?

The entire tech we currently have in the "White", has not helped nearly as well in Iraq, as they would on a more symmetrical battlefield. Why would you think more advanced (Black) tech would help? We might disagree on all facets of the Afghan-Iraq-Terror war thing or even the validity, but having more advanced tech is definitely Not The Answer! LOL In fact, feel free to correct me if I am mistaken, the only tech that has been a serious fore-multiplier and that has recent "black" history is the UAV (Predator, Dark Star and others).

To answer a good question, and to bring this post full circle, perhaps they are saving it for a far better reason: To find out the techs’ faults and vulnerabilities. Why do you think Stealth was kept "black"? To figure out how to defeat Stealth. Once you go "white" it is far easier for your competitors to steal or copy your tech. Once that happens you had better hope you have a better mouse-trap that can catch your newly created better mouse! LOL

It is possible for China to catch us, and they do not need to rely on technological generations....HUMINT (Los Alamos is a "Grey" example.) Ten years is not a lot of time to catch the USAF....but it could be done. There is some thing to be said of throwing money, time & minds at problems. In all of those categories, China has quite a few.

/My Opinion
//It Sucks
///Sorry For The Long Post
////Hates Slashes

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
there are some technology hidden for good reasons. to not let the enemy know. also they could have use the equipment or weaponry in Iraq or Afghanistan but its not like an emergency weapon that could turn the tide. better to save yer best cards for the final game. Iraq and Afghanistan are important but not strategically important. China is the one where we reveal our real badass weaponry etc.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Technology compounds.

The bottom line?

The A-bomb was dropped 60 years ago...thats a long time for advancement and understanding of what human beings are capable of. Its a dumb idea to show your cards for a few reasons:

1) you've just given the enemy more ideas
2) the gap between technologies gets a step closer
3) the rest of the world hates you
4) once controlled, a lot of technologies come in handy to the general public and can be made profitable.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Figher Master FINThe USAAF

Thats USAF, not USAAF.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   

The flaw in your logic is that you think we needed advanced technology. We don't. We took Iraq in a matter of weeks using everyday military hardware.

Anti gravity aircraft wouldn't help a platoon of soldiers getting hit by a IED.

My thoughts on the extent of our secret weapons is that anything you have heard of has been tried.

So either the US has made it, or human technology is simply not advanced enough now to do what we imagine.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things I think we have:

Spaced based weapons (conventional and nuclear)**
Hypersonic military aircraft*
extremely advanced biological weapons
all aspect stealth aircraft (visual, accoustic, radar, thermal, etc)*

Things I think (and in some cases admited by the military) we are working on:

Anti-gravity propulsion**
Direct energy weapons*
Weather manipulation**
Anti-matter explosives*
infantry based active stealth**
Sound based weapons*

* US military has publically admitted to spending or planning to spend money on research

** US military has publically expressed interest in weapons system

So the way I see it, the only way China can catch up to the US is to have a 10+ year period where they outspend the US military on research AND procurement.

Unfortunatly for them, the only chance they have of this happening is for the US economy to crash.

top topics

join