It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC presenter refuses to do and then shreds Paris Hilton story live on air

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   

MSNBC presenter refuses to do and then shreds Paris Hilton story live on air

www.dailymail.co.uk

To television bosses, it may have seemed a moment of onscreen madness.

But to viewers fed up with the whole Paris Hilton saga, it was a long-awaited outbreak of sanity.

American newsreader Mika Brzezinski, co-presenter of MSNBC's Morning Joe programme, refused to read out the story of the celebrity socialite's release from jail ahead of items on Iraq and developments at the White House.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I applaud her and I want to spread the word about this. I support real journalism and real journalists. She has made my day much brighter, knowing that there are real people on the news who live in reality.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Nice, I love her attitude, shes also got a pretty face, cant describe it, Im 21 but still shes pretty to me. Better than paris hilton. haha. Enough paris hilton please, I mean why the hell do they keep showing her on the news in the UK!, THE UK!
What is that all about!?

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
These days it's almost as if there needs to be 2 very different styles of news programmes.

One that tells the real news, that effects real people and places. Then another that deals with all the crap, infotainment, crap and Paris Hilton stories.

The fact that the editiors feel that Paris is more important than Iraq and political developments just goes to show what a thin, brainless world that we live in.

Kudos to Mika Brzezinski!

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey
These days it's almost as if there needs to be 2 very different styles of news programmes.

One that tells the real news, that effects real people and places. Then another that deals with all the crap, infotainment, crap and Paris Hilton stories.

The fact that the editiors feel that Paris is more important than Iraq and political developments just goes to show what a thin, brainless world that we live in.

Kudos to Mika Brzezinski!

At one time there were Two different kinds of programs.

Inside Edition which covered the crap and where Bill O'Reilly got his start, Entertainment Tonight with John Tesh and Leeza Gibbons, and a whole channel the E Channel which at that time was dominated by that crap and Joan Rivers. Something happened in the past maybe seven to five years where the two got confused.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Awesome! Good for her!

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Existing Thread:
www.belowtopsecret.com...'

I wana comment anyways,
She deserves a promotion. It's about time someone
stood up and refused to report non-isues.

Reminded me of Tommy Chong on MSNBC:
googlevid

Cheers for Tommy Chong and Mika Brzezinski!

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
She's going to get in trouble for this, but I applaud her actions. I am as tired as all of you at turning on the TV and hearing (insert meaningless crap about Paris here) on the news or on a commercial.

Someone should give Mika a medal. She has done a great public service.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
This woman has some serious cahones.

If only there were more like her, we might actaully get reports on actual news versus the drunken musings of a waste like Paris.

It will be a shame if this woman faces repercussions from MSNBC, but this was the bravest thing I have seen on the news since Colin Powell demanded that the camera be put back on him after he voiced some non-bushy remarks, live on air.

You go girl!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Too bad it was on MSNBC, which means nobody saw it. If this happened on FOX News, everyone would have heard about it.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Too bad it was on MSNBC, which means nobody saw it. If this happened on FOX News, everyone would have heard about it.

What a pity no one at Faux News has the level of integrity that Brzezinski had, because the sad thing is that you're right.

The only reason I heard about this is because it's a slow day at work and I ran out of news to read.

new topics

top topics

join