It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government UFO reports

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Report of other governments joining to do UFO research.

Document ID: CEP20050112000287
Content Type: Translation/Transcription
Version Number: 01

Region: Eurasia, Middle East
Sub-Region: Russia, Middle East
Topic: INTERNATIONAL POLITICAL, ENERGY, MILITARY, PROLIFERATION
Source-Date: 01/12/2005

Iran, Russia Sign Agreement on UFO's After Sightings Near Nuclear Plants
CEP20050112000287 Moscow Rossiyskaya Gazeta in Russian 12 Jan 05 p 5
Reference:
Iran Reports US Aircraft Over Nuke Sites; Orders Downing of US, Israeli Planes GMP20050104000136 Jerusalem Middle East Newsline E-mail-Text English 0000 GMT 04 Jan 05
Iranian Daily Reports Increase in UFO Sightings Over Bushehr, Natanz IAP20041227000066 Tehran E'temad (Internet Version - WWW) Persian 0000 GMT 25 Dec 04
[Report by Vladimir Bogdanov: "Iran Attacks UFO's" ]

[FBIS Translated Text]

In connection with the increase in the number of sightings of unidentified flying objects (UFO's) in the orient, Moscow and Tehran have come to an agreement about the joint study of the phenomenon of UFO's.

The Iranian news agency IRNA reports that in addition to their agreement on scientific research into UFO's, Russia and Iran are discussing the final details of an agreement on developing the Zohren satellite for Tehran. This plan had been gathering dust on the shelf for several years. Its implementation had been prevented by bureaucratic holdups caused by the departments involved on both sides.

It must be said that the news about the joint study of the mysterious space craft appeared in the midst of a sky-watching mania that has gripped the population of our southern neighbor. Reports have appeared in the local press about the appearance of UFO's near Iran's nuclear facilities. Flights by the unidentified objects have increased in frequency in the country's airspace over the past few weeks. They have been seen over Bushehr and Isfahan. It is in these provinces that the nuclear facilities are located. "We drew up plans to protect our nuclear facilities from any threat," Air Force General Karim Hawami stated. "The Iranian Air Force is on its guard and ready to do its duty." It has already been given the order to shoot down any unidentified or suspicious object that enters Iranian air space.

According to information from the local newspaper, Rezalat, "bright objects" were also seen in the sky near Natanza, where Iran's uranium enrichment plant is situated. One of these objects blew up causing "panic in the region."

[Description of Source: Moscow Rossiyskaya Gazeta in Russian -- Government daily newspaper.]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
My gut says this is diplomatic cover to establish precedent for engaging and shooting down (or trying to) any aircraft that may "threaten" long-standing Russo-Iranian nuclear infrastructure.

Presumably this "threat" would come from Israel, the US, Europe, etc rather than a "UFO", but it merely gives the Ruskie-Persians an excuse to blast from the sky anything that approaches their facilities before they have "identified" it.

What this tells me is that they are expecting to be the recipients of a strike on their nuclear bomb-making, er, I mean power-generating plants with almost as much certainty as the West is in predicting the same.

WWIII anyone?

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
But it is interesting to see 2 countries comming together stating things about UFOs.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Agreed - that it is... that it is...

Now if the rest of the world would chime in we might approach 'progress', eh?

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Yeah, that it is!! Lets unite and show them the truth!

Umm..what were we talking about? UFO something..

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
..I'm just wondering from topic to topic until moderator stops me..he..Joking..or I fall asleep. What ever comes first.

new topics

top topics

join