It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to disappear in America.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I guess this is, in sense, a reply to the "leave society" thread. But I think the content is worthy of it's own post. Website highlights how to 'disappear'

www.skeptictank.org...
Another link (edit

www.backcountrysurvival.com...
[edit on 28-6-2007 by Sntzaow]

[edit on 28-6-2007 by Sntzaow]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Very interesting info. It's a long read but it look like it might have some valuable info, even if I'm not a wife leaving her abusive husband!

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by scooler1
Very interesting info. It's a long read but it look like it might have some valuable info, even if I'm not a wife leaving her abusive husband!

Thanks!

Yeah, I realized the author is trying to discourage illegal activity but the "females get abused" thing is a little annoying

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I skimmed down a ways, and I'll go back when I have more time. While I found that some of it would be outdated, or useless in most survival situations, some of it is good.

OP, for those who have never considered the need, this is a small gold mine, or at the least, a silver mine. Good Find
:up

"The truth is that you never know
when you'll need to run from the NWO."

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Here's a quick list I came up with:

1). Don't use a credit/debit card so your purchases can't be tracked- CASH only
2). Move out to the country and grow your own food- only go back into town for necessities
3). DON'T act suspicious (may be tough for some of us I know)
4). Try not to make any enemies that may want to follow or hurt you
5). Stay away from police or government officials
6). Don't tell anyone where you live or are going
7). Stay in the woods somewhere high and with a low population of people...Dense forest with a lot of game for survival!

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Hide in plain sight! There are plenty of ways to create alternative identification as well as just plain hiding income. Tons of fugitives folks live openly in the city for years before the law decides to they have a need to catch them. Can you imagine the nightmare of trying to check ever id on a NYC subway or bus line? Want to leave a city in a hurry? Buy a cheap car cash and just drive it carefully until the tags expire and then dump it or sell it for parts. It happens all the time. Buying food and groceries, no problem, just buy your groceries from a restaraunt whose not doing a lot of business and sweeten the pot for the owner/manager with a bribe. With gas prices so high, no one hardly notices people on bicycles even in rural areas these days. Always look like you belong in the area. Keep you clothes neat and clean and travel during peak traffic periods. Blending in is much easier than hiding out.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
See I don't really want to live in society anymore. I'm about done with it.

I'm ready to move out to the hills and start over. I am more concerned about living a pure life than dealing with bull# like bills and taxes.

I'm out!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I would suggest leaving the US if you want to drop out. Africa or South America are your best options. Unless you plan on being a desert nomad in Arizona, Utah and Nevada. I would completely forget living in the mountains due to the US Forest Service. They now use infrared satellite imagery to find the fires of hermits after being embarrassed by that hermit who lived in the Coconino National Forest for nearly 12 years. He lived in a cave and was well known to the locals. All of the Western Mountains are heavily monitored by the US Forest Service.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
See I don't really want to live in society anymore. I'm about done with it.

I'm ready to move out to the hills and start over. I am more concerned about living a pure life than dealing with bull# like bills and taxes.

I'm out!!!

Can it all be so simple (yes Wu)

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I have to be honest... as I read it, it seemed more and more like a how to hide in the event you kill someone.

If you are running from an abusive spouse, why worry about leaving DNA on a public toilet seat? There is a lot of suspicious things in there if you read it from the perspective of a victim.

That being said, some of it is outdated. Some of it is plain stupid, like the disabling of the car. If I am an abused wife and I disable my abusive hubby's car before I take off. When he realizes what happened, he calls the cops and I get charged with Domestic Violence- Destruction of Property.

As an abused spouse, if I just take off and leave... why would I need to avoid all police? If I shot the clown before I left, it would make perfect sense. However if I just leave, I would have no reason to hide from police officers.

Maybe it is just me, but parts of that document just didnt make sense in the context that it was presented in.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I agree. It seems like its presented from a point of view where the author knows it won't be used in spouse abuse cases. Either way, it was good info I thought I should share.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4/7/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Well it really depends on who you're hiding from, but the single easiest way I can think of to disappear is to pose as a panhandler in a city cold enough to warrant a coat and cap. Most people ALWAYS avoid eye-contact with panhandlers, they certainly avoid getting close enough to get a good view. The few that do, do so to pass out food or religious pamplets, or they're police telling them to move to another beat or to take them to a shelter.

Try to stink. Find a trash can, and something adsorbant, like a wad of paper towels or newspaper, soak it in the juice at the bottom of a can, and rub it on your neck, pits, sleeves, etc. NO ONE likes to spend any amount of time near someone who smells like the bottom of a dumpster.

Changing one's appearance is incredibly easy if you're willing to feel some pain. First, break your nose, and don't set it. Creatively use dirt and grim to change the way shadows look on your face. Creative use of egg white or Aqua net and hair coloring spray and a sharp object will change your hair. When that doesn't work, cheap wigs will suffice, but make sure they get good and matted, dull, and dirty. Nothing gives a fake-homeless away more than shiny full-bodied hair.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by crgintx
I would suggest leaving the US if you want to drop out. Africa or South America are your best options. Unless you plan on being a desert nomad in Arizona, Utah and Nevada. I would completely forget living in the mountains due to the US Forest Service. They now use infrared satellite imagery to find the fires of hermits after being embarrassed by that hermit who lived in the Coconino National Forest for nearly 12 years. He lived in a cave and was well known to the locals. All of the Western Mountains are heavily monitored by the US Forest Service.

I don't get it! If they're monitor the mountains with infrared as you claim, why in the hell does it take days and hundreds of people to find a lost child in the wilderness. hum KAY!!! This attitude of “if you don’t like it here move to another country” it bull sheet. I’m native American and it really hit me hard when I hear crap like that. You may not have meant it like that but that’s how I took it. Thanks, thems what we call buddy buckers.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
You obviously don't know crap about infrared heat signatures . Even a small fire can produces produces 10x times the heat signature of a human body. Spotting a human being is a lot harder that spotting a fire. That's why they tell you to stay put when stranded or lost and start a fire.

I'm not telling anyone they should leave. I'm saying that these days that it's next to impossible to remain undetected for long periods in the mountains unless your living in a cave. Eric Rudolph had a lot of help hiding from the authorities. He told a fairy tale to protect the people who were assisting him. I lived in NC and knew quite a few of the mountain residents when I lived there. They said his story was a load of bull.

I've camped in the mountains of far West Texas, New Mexico and Arizona and without fail some form of uniformed officialdom has found my trail within a week and followed me. Winter camped up there,too and I could spot and smell fires that were miles away.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The three things that are key to identification are

1. Profile
2. Gait
3. Context

Change your profile by changing eyewear to/from contacts or eyeglasses, or sunglasses if you never wear them. Grow a beard if male, or shave it. Changing your weight radically can throw off even people who "know you" well.

Gait is how you walk. Think about it, you can recognize your Mom, sister or wife's high heels clip-clopping from around a corner in any public building. It's the rythmn that gives us all away, regardless of gender. Taping a penny in one shoe can change your "walk" enough to throw onlookers.

Context is your surroundings. How many times have you failed to remember someone's name from work when you met them in public unexpectedly. . . .

You don't have to be dirty to be a panhandler. Just skipping baths for 2 days will do the trick. And wear old shoes. In US culture, bathing is a measure of status. Even before you stink, people tag you as a "hobo" if you don't shave and bathe.

You can buy a car for cash. Most cops will not pull over a car with dealer's tags, due to the unverifiable nature of dealer's registration. Just copy the tag, and alter the date. In most states, the tag merely has the dealer's serial number, and a hand-written expiration date for a month from the purchase. You can make your own convincing piece of posterboard that will keep any disinterested cop from pulling you over.

Like Chris Rock says, the best way to keep from being hassled by the cops is to stop doing illegal ****. This goes double if you're on the run. Don't drink, don't smoke, and don't wear flashy clothes.

Having no visible tatoos is a definite plus.

Public spaces are a great place to beat the heat. Libraries and churches have great air conditioning and clean restrooms. Churches often give away food for the needy, without asking questions.

You don't have to "hide" in the woods. Just camp, and move every 4 days or so. If you don't come in a vehicle, then you usually don't have to pay a day-use fee. When I was homeless, we stayed in a state park near austin, and only went into town to dumpster dive. I never needed to beg, and I did just fine for about 6 months. I disappeared for a year, and my family was completely unable to find me. I never even had a personal encounter with a cop in that time--a lot better than when I was a substance abusing college student.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by crgintx
I would suggest leaving the US if you want to drop out. Africa or South America are your best options. Unless you plan on being a desert nomad in Arizona, Utah and Nevada. I would completely forget living in the mountains due to the US Forest Service.

As a native Montanan, I know this isn't true. There are thousands of acres in Montana practically unmonitored by anyone, especially in the northern regions. The Unabomber, Ted Kaczynski, lived near a town (Lincoln) and was still virtually anonymous, and he'd still probably be there had his brother not blown the whistle on him. Think about this:

The UTF (Unabomb Task Force) had – over 17 years – dealt with “3,600 volumes of information, 175 computer data bases, 82 million records, 12,000 event documents, and 9,000 evidence photographs.
www.crimelibrary.com...

And still, they found him only because of his brother. Can you hide in the US? Better believe it.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I have also spent most of my life in Montana and have worked for the Forest Service. They do not use infared where I worked and there are a lot of hermits up there undisturbed. They do try to keep track of people, but the wilderness is so vast people get lost there all the time. I think the only thing you would have to be concerned about are the winters and there are plenty of ways to survive if you had too. Even if you wanted to, I'll have to agree if you really want to drop out if society, if you are in the US, you should leave. America is out of control, or should I say in control.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Say that tomorrow, US government tells us that all of us have to have a chip in our body, for our own good. And this is mandatory. Say that you do not want that, which will make you an outlaw within one month. Say that there are thousands of others who are running away from forceful chip implantation. There are check points everywhere, satellites and all other equipment is used to track people without valid chips (ok, for now, implants do not emit any signal, they are searching with the means that are currently used to track fugitives). If they catch you, you are going to a concentration camp, and they will do a lobotomy or other similar procedure on you.

What will you do? How will you survive?

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   
If they gave me a chip, I'd just degauss it, and do everyone else I met, without telling them. A chip is a tarded way to control people, it's too easy for a hacker to scam it locally. "I'm not Dr Strangecraft; My real name is Bill Gates. Now access my account, please."

The whole question of running depends on what you're wanted for.

If you stole the failsafe codes for our missle defenses, or if swiped the only known copy of the Ming Mecca chip, you can expect to have the full faith and credit of the U.S. government coming down on your seat. But if you left because your car was getting repoed, or you embezzled your boss's payroll, well, the response will be a lot less impressive.

The cops give up eventually, unless you embarrass them. Insurance companies are a lot more dogged, in my experience. I have friends that work off duty as bounty hunters, and they tell of claims delayed for as long as five years while they proved that the insured hadn't faked his own death. As in exhuming corpses, checking dental records with remains in the casket, and bribing a look at offshore bank accounts.

Assuing you're not Jihadji or 007, you can blend in to a salarmy shelter in an out-of-state community for a couple of weeks while you're new identity "sets." Chances are, you'll meet a few fellows doing the exact same thing.

As far as hiding in the woods goes, I like to prospect in remote areas, and twice I've met hermits who were living "off the net" in a cave or cabin in the mts. We actually gave one fellow a ride to BCMC in Albuquerque to adress his broken arm. In both cases, the guys had salvaged a household of second-hand goods, and were squatting in remote areas of national forests. I'm pretty sure one of them was growing illegal crops. No feds seemed to have any idea of their presence.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Doc Strangecraft is correct.

I knew a woman who worked with us on night shift but lived out of her car.
She took showers at the public park in town. As stated she kept a low profile and did nothing to stand out. Spent the colder months and also the hot days in the public librarys or even some of the book stores around town. Books a Million or Barnes and Noble. They are airconditioned in the summer and heated in the winter. She would just move around a bit.

If you think it through you can figure out much of this yourself or find someone to teach you. It is good knowlege to have in case of hard times.

I know several people who have dropped off the map. They are fishermen who work in small fishing villages where most dont ask many questions and believe in a certain amount of privacy. They deal in cash and sometimes hire out on different boats.
Many of them no longer use their Social Security Numbers as this is the number which ties you into everything ..which is the main purpose of this number. In some places it is called a control number.
These people are the equivalent of the hermits described as living in the national forests in some of these posts.

Any of you folks ever wonder how the Amish do buisness dealings with banks if they dont have Social Security Numbers?? Think this through carefully. I dont think this is information that the government nor the banks want you to know.

Just some things for you folks to think about. Not everything is in public school nor on the television or movies.

Thanks,
Orangetom

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join