It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accept Satan is your Lord and Saviour?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
What are the consequences if someone does that? I mean this world is such a bad place someone wonders who is real God here. Also i noticed in various books Satan is the God of this world, but i am not sure who believes that or where it is written.

I see nothing bad in Satan, so i am asking myself why not accepting him as a Savior? He surely has more power over people.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
So he's your Saviour. Then what exacly is he saving you from? I don't follow that logic. Do you pray to be delivered from Heaven?

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
No, not that way. More like recognizing some pure energy which comes from Satan. But it may be just us discovering this in our souls. Or is there some super being in Hades watching over humanity and make them evil... Hm, could be.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
or humans could be 'evil' due to biological and evolutionary reasonings.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by sb2012

I see nothing bad in Satan, so i am asking myself why not accepting him as a Savior? He surely has more power over people.

I would say because he doesn't exist any more than god does?

That's why I wouldn't accept him.

Evil is a product of free will, not divine or anti-divine influence.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
So he's your Saviour. Then what exactly is he saving you from? I don't follow that logic. Do you pray to be delivered from Heaven?

Dang it, you beat me to it...

Regarding Satan being the God of this world, he is referred to as the ruler of the kingdom of the air (Ephesians 2:1-2), and many have made him their god, but God ultimately trumps him and uses him, as is demonstrated in many places through scripture.

Considering your belief in Satan, it would stand to reason that you're basing this belief on Biblical scripture, which causes an eyebrow to be raised upon reading this:

I see nothing bad in Satan

Using the source that actually mentions Satan (Bible), it has more to say:

In Christ's parable of the seeds, He mentions Satan in a less than favorable light, primarily in verses 19,38b and 39:

When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is the seed sown along the path.
The weeds are the sons of the evil one, and the enemy who sows them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels.

In acts 5:3, Peter says,

Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land?
moments before Ananias fell dead. Obviously, Satan didn't do too well as a Savior for Ananias there...

Ephesians 6:11-12 talks about the reason Paul urges us to put on the full armor of God:

Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Second Corinthians 4:4 actually makes note of Satan's role here on earth in line with what you'd mentioned: him being the god of this world:

The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

One thing that is a recurring theme here has been an ignorance Satan trys to spur on in people. Whereas God's light exposes all and makes all known, Satan attempts to veil His light, and thereby the Truth.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Well my belief is not based only on Biblical scripture but also on older religions and beliefs, also by research and thinking about it, some things cannot be explained from Atheist point of view no matter how realistic they are trying to be.

I am not saying to anyone to be arrogant or ignorant about this, but for me, i cannot blame Satan for his rebellion against God. Some older beliefs even recognize him as being not even created by God. But Christianity would never admit that, i know.

Yes, you can take some pleasure when God or his angels overcome him, but they never destroy him and never will. This is because this universe needs both, God and Satan. Even more, we could say Satan is other face of God, so denying Satan is in fact denying God. God and Satan are just testing you.

Now you believe Satan is not bad? In a sense, he doesn't exist in a from people usually portray him.

[edit on 26-6-2007 by sb2012]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Boy satan has his way of using people to twist your mind that last statement you just made is a dangerous one for you and for people who are trying to decide what to do in life. All I would say is be careful what you wish for. Because if you want satan be sure he will show himself to you.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Last statement was just for fun, you know when they say greatest trick Satan performed was when he convinced people he doesn't exist. Satan is content as long as people are away from God, he doesn't care if you worship him, write books or even mention his name.

This makes me think... He is the only one who doesn't care about people acknowledging him, so his personality must be very strong and freedom loving.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
That is not completely true Satan roams about like a roaring lion and in some places like a snake. So he his both Satan wants power he wants more power then God and that is why he was kicked out of heaven because he thought he could be God. He is very smooth because he did take what was it 1/3 of the angels with him. Man to be a fly on the wall that day must have been crazy

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Here's a simple test. Satan likes to buy people's souls supposedly right?

he doesn't have to "remain hidden" like god does. So, somebody summon him up and offer to sell their soul.

If you get it on camera and put it on YouTube, and it's verified legitimate, I'll rethink my atheism.

Until somebody actually gets god or the devil on film, from several different angles and with several independent witnesses, he does not exist. Just like UFOs.

Good luck with the superstition, I can't believe people are actually thinking about this. :shk:

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
Until somebody actually gets god or the devil on film, from several different angles and with several independent witnesses, he does not exist. Just like UFOs.

Excellent point and I applaud you

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I often ask my Born-again Christian family. If you were born Muslim you would be frying in hell in the end right? Of if you were born into a Hindu family you would damned to hell as well. Well...you must really be special then to be born in the Good ole US of A. God must really favor you for you to be born in a nice Christian country!!!(southern Illinois to be exact). They then go on to say that if they were born into one of those other religions that Jesus probably would have led them out of that religion eventually
Or they just look at me confused and don't want to talk about it anymore..What!!!! Why NOT?
That is the typical midwestern outlook. Don't challenge my Faith, its infallable.
Well if thats the case then why don't you want me to challenge it? Hey don't walk away......I just wanna talk about....nevermind.:shk:

[edit on 27-6-2007 by kleverone]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
Here's a simple test. Satan likes to buy people's souls supposedly right?

No. You read too much fiction. End of your so called "test."

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Regarding Satan being the God of this world...

Ahh, junglejake. I wanted to mention this to you earlier, just something to ponder. Remember when Satan tempts Jesus when he's out in the wilderness? He tells him to make rocks into bread and cast himself off of a cliff and such (oh that silly Satan). Well, at one point Satan brings Jesus to the top of a mountain and tells him that if he kneels down and worships him(Satan), then he(Satan) will give him(Jesus) power over all the provinces of the world.

Jesus has tolerated Satan through much of his journey, but at this point he casts off Satan out of anger. This always bothered me a bit... If Satan was offering to give Jesus direct power over the world, does that mean that the world originally belongs to Satan? I mean, you can't give away something that isn't yours. So is the world under Satan's control?

Furthermore, why is Jesus angered about the notion of having power over the world? Does he not want it? Would he prefer that people would come to him by free will?

And one last question from a pondering Christian, why would Satan be willing to give up his power over the entire world in order to have power over Jesus?

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
That is the typical midwestern outlook. Don't challenge my Faith, its infallable.
Well if thats the case then why don't you want me to challenge it? Hey don't walk away......I just wanna talk about....nevermind.:shk:

I don't believe that my faith is infallible. My ideologies are constantly changing and adapting. But, I have yet to be convinced that God does not exist and that Jesus was not his proverbial son. I mean, why would we (the Christians of ATS) be here if we were not looking forward to a good religious debate. Personally, I believe that I learn more from religious debates than anything else here at ATS. I encourage criticism, because it usually ends up strengthening my faith when I refute them with my arguments.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheB1ueSoldier

I don't believe that my faith is infallible. My ideologies are constantly changing and adapting. But, I have yet to be convinced that God does not exist and that Jesus was not his proverbial son. I mean, why would we (the Christians of ATS) be here if we were not looking forward to a good religious debate. Personally, I believe that I learn more from religious debates than anything else here at ATS. I encourage criticism, because it usually ends up strengthening my faith when I refute them with my arguments.

No offense, but if that is the case, then why ignore the first part of my post. Are Hindus and Muslims going to hell for not believing Jesus is the son of God? If so, do you believe that if you were 'unfortunate' enugh to be born into those religions, would you still want to be a Christian or would you simply be defending the religion that is common to your country?

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheB1ueSoldier
(...)
Jesus has tolerated Satan through much of his journey, but at this point he casts off Satan out of anger. This always bothered me a bit... If Satan was offering to give Jesus direct power over the world, does that mean that the world originally belongs to Satan? I mean, you can't give away something that isn't yours. So is the world under Satan's control?

Furthermore, why is Jesus angered about the notion of having power over the world? Does he not want it? Would he prefer that people would come to him by free will?

And one last question from a pondering Christian, why would Satan be willing to give up his power over the entire world in order to have power over Jesus?

Wow!! It's so simple! I suspected this before but just realized it now. Satan represents this world and all the qualities we need to develop to master it - wealth, greed, war, conquering, conspiracies and power over other people, so they never threat us. Jesus rejected all this not for him but to TELL US he decided to seek Kingdom of God, spiritual path, path to enlightenment and salvation BUT you need to reject this world, if you want to do this, and since Satan is Lord here, you need to reject him in favor of God.

Jesus realized Kingdom of Heaven, spiritual path, is so much more important so he not only rejected all the kingdoms on earth, but also allowed others to capture and torture him and in the end kill him, simply because of his message to us all. He died for our sins.

But here comes a problem with this interpretation. When people realize it, it means Kingdom of God is for anyone and all you need to do is open to it, and refuse this world and all Satan has to offer. This is very inconvenient for Church since nobody would then fear them or give money to them. No wonder nobody teaches you that and they said there is no salvation outside the Church.

This makes me think... What about someone who is willing to accept Kingdom of Satan (this world) in order to show or bring people closer to Kingdom of God? Jesus could do that too, become king here and prevent wars for example and teach even more people?

You see, it's not even important what you believe, it's about spiritual and material path. Not even atheists can deny that. This is why Satan is King of this world -- when you are here and busy with material, you are away from God.

[edit on 27-6-2007 by sb2012]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   
if you read the bible satan has already been defeated jesus went to the depths of hell a defeated infront of a his angels he stood on is neck a showed him he had no power satan can do nothing without gods consent satan had to ask god if he could harm job that shows you who has the power

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   

No offense, but if that is the case, then why ignore the first part of my post.

I have a tendency of skipping around with what I read. No offense.

Are Hindus and Muslims going to hell for not believing Jesus is the son of God?

To the unlearned Christian, yes. But to the scholar, no. If you read Romans Chapter 2, you'll find much clarification. Basically it speaks about Gentiles, Jews, and people who have not had the opportunity to learn about Jesus Christ. It states that a man who has never had the chance to know about Jesus will not be judged by his belief, but instead by his own heart.

Verses 12 -16 For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law 13 - (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified; 14 - for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, 15 - who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them) 16 - in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.

If so, do you believe that if you were 'unfortunate' enugh to be born into those religions, would you still want to be a Christian or would you simply be defending the religion that is common to your country?

Well, I was actually born into a Buddhist family. My parents and grandparents were Buddhist and I regularly went to temples with them. It was only about 4-5 years ago that I first attended a Christian church and became a Christian. I am not simply defending the religion common to my country, that would be naive and foolhardy. I am defending a religion that has proven itself to me, to be worthy of defending... even until death.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join