It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Hooded Figure Dream (?)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
this is not a joke.

so at 4:30 in the morning i roll over and see a black hooded figure standing above me next to my bed. just staring. i start to scream but it's like one of those things where it comes out a restrained moan because you're half asleep and you feel like you're paralyzed. the figure, which was slight and petite, acts startled then shuffles towards my front door and exits. by this point, i've forced myself awake and now realize that it was a "dream"- albeit a disturbing one. still kinda disoriented, i'm laying there for like a minute, thinking about how disturbing this "dream" was- and then BAM- I hear the front door downstairs to building i live in slam closed (i live one flight up). a literal shiver rippled down my spine. anyway, now i'm thinking, don't sweat it, someone just got home and i should be hearing them walking up the stairs any second (which i usually do, because of the thin walls in my apartment and the proximity of my bed to the building's main stairwell).

that second never came and all i could think was that the door slamming was someone LEAVING the building.

anyway- i've been up since 4:30am.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
wow you just telling that story sent chills down my spine...

i have woken to see things and so frightened that when i screamed nothing come out.

once at night when i got up to use the bathroom i turned to see some thing on the floor running, it looked like i little out line of a person but then i just thought it was my dog. to my suprise my dog was upside down on his back out like a light!

!!And to get even more freaked out about a sec later my next doors two dogs started goin crazy running around the yard and barking there heads off like there was no tomorrow. when i went to peek my head out to see what they were doin i saw the out line dart behind the one dogs dog house. then after being freakin scared half to death i bought a night lite...no joke

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pinkus2323
this is not a joke.

so at 4:30 in the morning i roll over and see a black hooded figure standing above me next to my bed. just staring.

3 Questions

1. What sex are you?
2. Can you remember what you were dreaming of just before you woke up?
3. Other that scared, how else did you feel in those beginning few moments?

One more...

Do you have any religious affiliations?

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
1. I'm male.

2. The dreams prior were vague and were very dream-like (unlike the figure). I recall a mish mash of dream images: a cat, some interaction with my mom. a balcony. ????

3. Other than scared, i felt paralyzed and disoriented, which led me to believe that it was one of those "sleep paralysis" type things. But the door slamming, which happened after i "came to my senses" is what really alarmed me. it was if someone/something was trying to tell me "yep- it was real".

4. I have no real religious affiliations, although my father passed recently and since that time i've been contemplating ideas regarding "higher powers" and the afterlife, etc.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I have had numerous experiences with spiritual beings, ever since i was a young child (baby even). I am a Christian, with good reason
so please understand that is the angle i am taking with my response.

You have nothing to worry about. The being was not powerful in anyway, it was petite and you were not being influenced by it in anyway other than your reaction to it simply being there.

The reason it acted startled was simply because you actually saw it and it realised that. It got confused [you are not meant to see it] and decided to leave your presence by actually departing the room [not uncommon].

My guess is, the sound of the door slamming was that you were concious and what you saw was actually there. God then gave you sound of the door slamming to indicate that the being had departed and the event was over.

Continue on your search for the truth. Don't let this deter you. If you find yourself in this position again. Ask the Holy Spirit [or your equivalent] for calmness and then ask [your] God for a guardian angel to control the situation. Once this is done, thank [your] God and then begin to talk to him in your own special way. Ensure you are open enough to listen to him talk back.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I had a dream similar to yours about 7 yrs ago.
I still remember every detail.
I saw 2 people? standing beside my bed wearing long black robes with hoods.
I think I posted a thread about this dream. I'll see if I can find it.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I once saw a HUGE black spider on my wall and when I went to get a shoe to kill it, well it just disappeared. The spider was the size of shaq's fist easily.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The truth is the figure you describe is that of ones that follow someone just a week or two before they die. I do not want to alarm you but you should be aware of this. What I find odd is that one would use the door. Didn’t the feet appear to be about four inches below the floor?
I strongly suggest you get your personal matters in order. Let the people you love know it. Include among these the Jewish Son of the God of Light. Read the parables of “Jesus” from a bible in your mornings. Live your life to the fullest with no fear for the truth is this – life is eternal. Shalom.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
What are you worried about?
If you believe it was a dream, then it was.
If it was not a dream, these things cannot induce bodily harm unless you give off the energy for them to do so.
This is your dimension, your in control.

[edit on 28-6-2007 by MichaelMyers]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:44 AM
link   
How bizarre, i just posted about something similar in a thread i just started....and to see all these other people having had similar experiences...

This is VERY odd..

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Last night, I dreamt I was in a room that had an adjoining room (similar to a hotel) and there was a window in between. I was watching tv and noticed something had moved on the other side of the window (towels or something). I went to the door that connected the 2 rooms and noticed that there were 2 locks- both unlocked. I contemplated locking them, but thought it might be housekeeping and opened the door. The second I opened the door, a very tall slender woman (6 foot or more, too graceful to be a man) came into my room. She was wearing a black hood- I could not see her face. She hid something behind her back. This figure startled me so bad, that I had yelled and woke up my husband and cat. My mother had passed away in 2002 and I am 8 months pregnant. Why would I dream of this? Thanks! [email protected]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Ive had my share of sleep paralysis. The worst dream ive had yet was my trip to hell. Long story for another time.

Back on topic. In my opinion, all dreams have meanings. Reasearch your dream on the net, see if you can find similarities between your dream and others dreams. You might just get some closure.

KJ

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Interesting. I had a dream, though I believe to be an Out of body Experience, a few months back. I'll try dig up the link I posted on here for anyone who may be interested...
anyway, In this dream I looked up a hooded figure, I took it to be myself looking upon 'God'.

I find it particularly interesting what Comforter says about those dreams occuring before someone passing away... I have very recently (though a couple of months after the experience) lost a loved one who would have once perhaps fit the physical description of the being I saw, and feel a strong affinity with.

I dont know if they are related but any information would be kindly achnowledged and appreciated.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Here is a link to the thread I posted on the aforementioned experience.

Hope it may be of interest.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I've encountered two hooded beings to my knowledge. The first was when I was little around 7 years old, my family were in the front room talking and watching TV and I had gone to the kitchen to get a drink. To get to the kitchen I had to go through the separate dining room, the dining room had a doorway leading off of it so one could see part of the odd-shaped stairs we had (up to the 1/3 mark on the stairs, this step was a large step that for some reason was twice the size of any of the other steps).

I remember just glancing up the stairs and I saw a black heavy hooded robed thing just squating on that big step, I froze unable to to take my eyes off of it. It was only when my older sister kicked me on her way to the Kitchen did I come back to reality, none the less I didn't talk about that with any family nor did I get that drink, I quickly went back to the front room and stayed quiet.

The last one I have seen was after I had a dream, the dream had me on a London Opened-Top Tour buss. Also on the buss were various people who I had grown up with some I recognized others I didn't but knew the people they were with. We were on a tour of various weird places like Fish packing factories, Processing plants, Industrial sites and other related places. Eventually the tour started to head into the countryside or greenbelt and I couldn't force myself to stay on the buss any longer I tried grabbing some of the people I still liked and told them to leave the buss but only 2 others did so.

Anyways long story short, we tried making our way back to civilisation but couldn't read the road signs as the characters/ images used on them were like Geometry shapes and Glyphs. In the end I disagreed as to the direction we were going so I decided I would walk inbetween the roads (through the fields) as I tried I lost control over myself and found myself walked into a ditch on the side of the road and everything went black.

I thought I could 'feel' things moving around me while I was in this state so I tried to get enough control to lash out at the next thing that came close. But the moment I tried to lash out there was a female voice that said something among the lines of "We are only watching, you've done the very same" then the next thing I knew I woke up to see a lanky humanoid silhouette on my wall and a nice case of sleep paralysis, I kept trying to wake myself up by thinking the moment I can I will try to attack the shadow. Minute I did get my ability to move again I shot out of bed at the same time the shadow melted away.

The last one occurred just over 3 years ago, I don't usually keep a dream diary as I tend to remember 'important' dreams but I made the exception to write this one down.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Have you ever had reaon to believe your have, say, pshycic (or non pshycic) powers? I was reading this other thread about, as they put it, real life super powers, and lots of the people claiming they had powers also claimed they had seen shadow/figure.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
What reason would a shadow have for attacking a person? I have found myself fighting with them time and again. And i'd be one to find myself as having such abilities. Why though?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
i have had a simalar dream i remember having twice but each time it was slightly different, i would wake up on the path outside my house to see a hooded black figure walking towards me i would lie down and cover my face and feel someone blaming me for things i would get up to see the figure was closer to me, then i pick up a rock and start smacking it, then suddenly it takes its hood off and its this girl from my primary school :/ ?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Anonymous click on U2U for contact information. I will be keeping an eye on missing children if you prefer to reply there.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Comforter
Anonymous click on U2U for contact information. I will be keeping an eye on missing children if you prefer to reply there.

Sorry but what are you on about? Missing children ?

Originally posted by SilentShadow
Continue on your search for the truth. Don't let this deter you. If you find yourself in this position again. Ask the Holy Spirit [or your equivalent] for calmness and then ask [your] God for a guardian angel to control the situation. Once this is done, thank [your] God and then begin to talk to him in your own special way. Ensure you are open enough to listen to him talk back.

I just wanted to say how great that way of talking/thinking/seeing is. All religious folks should be more like you - no need to force any religion to others, instead just kindly present your way of thinking.

I can't say anything about the OP's story though - I tend to be paranoid and jump straight to paranormal conclusions when it comes to things like these.

[edit on 1 Jul, 08 by dramafreak]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join